1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

What is your favorite map + mode combo?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Mateiüsthesquidwarrior, Oct 11, 2015.

1. maxie

maxie Full Squid

NNID:
    anistar
    port mackerel is my overall fave but i also love camp triggerfish + rainmaker, anarcho v games + splatzones, kelp dome + splatzones, museum whatever + rainmaker and moray towers + splatzones

2. Legacy

Legacy Inkster Jr.

RM: Flounder Heights and Arowana Mall
    SZ: Flounder Heights and Saltspray Rig
    TC: Blackbelly Skatepark and Arowana Mall

I don't mind anything for turf.

3. tux_peng

tux_peng Inkling

NNID:
    tux_peng
    My fav maps are propbably Pirona Pit & Port Maceral. My least fav would be Blackbelly

Alpha359 likes this.
  4. Tuff

Tuff Full Squid

NNID:
    Wolfysmash
    After playing more of it I think Walleye Tower is really really fun too. Small stage but the slow approach of the tower makes fights really intense and fun.

5. luna_runes

luna_runes Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    lilak-krypt
    Splat Zones: Camp Triggerfish, Port Mackerel, Museum d'Alfonsino
    I really like maps with two different zones to control, and I just plain love the lanes and spinny stuff in the Museum. I have a pretty good handle on these maps as well.

Tower Control: Ancho-V Games, Flounder Heights
    You might call them a gimmick, but I really love the platforms you can raise up in the neutral of Ancho-V games. Flounder Heights has some choice Charger spot and you're not constantly at risk of falling off the Map like in Moray Towers.

Rainmaker: Camp Triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Flounder Heights
    Rainmaker is now my favorite mode and I really like it on most maps, but these ones in particular are the best. Camp Triggerfish is just an well-designed map in general. In Hammerhead you're constantly needing to manage two different layers of territory and control vertical space as well as the horizontal. Flounder Heights is just really intense for this mode and when I'm carrying I love using the buildings to switch between lanes on the fly.

Turf War: Ancho-V Games, Blackbelly Skatepark, Mahi-Mahi Resort
    Again, I have to praise the platforms you can raise. Not only are they good for evasion and making a temporary nest, but they're also fun to climb up for sneak attacks. The tower and pipes in Blackbelly are really fun to fight over, and I like making nests in the little niches that a lot of people overlook. Mahi-Mahi is cool for the way it changes halfway through the match.

birdiebee likes this.
  6. Anaru

Anaru Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    lavalizard24
    I really like Flouder Heights for RM, Blackbelly for Tower Conrtol, Saltspray Rig for Splat Zones, and Kelp Dome for Turf War

7. gooεʏ

gooεʏ Inkling

NNID:
    NoriyumaNova
    Camp trigg

8. Goob121

Goob121 Inkling

NNID:
    Goob121
    Splat zones - camp triggerfish, saltspray rig, port mac, pirana pit
    rainmaker - pirana pit,
    tower control - camp triggerfish, blackbelly skate park, walleye

9. Terabyte

Terabyte Inkling Commander

NNID:
    PokeBoy99
    Turf War - Flounder Heights & Camp Triggerfish
    Rainmaker - Flounder Heights & Camp Triggerfish

(I like those courses. ;))

I don't play enough of the other modes to have much of a preference, but I don't remember TC on Walleye being too bad.

10. Random Robot

Random Robot Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    AidanZam
    Tower Control on Urchin Underpass.

Splat Zones on Museum d'Alfonsino.

Rainmaker on Kelp Dome.

Turf War on Blackbelly Skatepark.

11. HypernovaSoul

HypernovaSoul Semi-Pro Squid

Camp Triggerfish + Rainmaker
    Piranha Pit + Rainmaker

Desperately wish I'd come across a rotation with these two in that mode, but I don't believe I ever have. But I absolutely love love love those combos. Camp Triggerfish is hands down my favorite stage, one of the only stages I can love in every mode. Piranha Pit, it's funny, I don't really like it in Splat Zones, situationally enjoy it in TC, but it's just so awesome in RM. I love that it makes full use of that huge, dynamic map with a lot of breathing room to move around, and a perfect amount of nooks and crannies for flanks and hiding places. And that final stretch to the goal with the side platform route makes for such thrilling rat races and opportunities for kamikaze runs. If this rotation combo came up, I would honestly play nonstop until it switched lol.

12. sammich

sammich Inkling Cadet

doing the splatfest and i'm still not liking moray in TW. i think it's just not a good mode for this stage with the thin, long, vulnerable walkways that can be assaulted at any location from any direction

13. dylan_not_bob

dylan_not_bob Stardust Crusquider

NNID:
    dylan_not_bob
    OG Turf Wars is still my favourite mode to play and my favourite map is Port Mackerel. I do enjoy Splat Zones in Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig though.

14. Xeze

Xeze Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    XezeMaster
    For Turf War any map will do.

Splat Zones - Blackbelly + Walleye Warehouse
    Tower Control - Urchin Underpass + Camp Triggerfish/Museum d'Alfonsino
    Rainmaker - Kelp Dome + Urchin Underpass

15. Ellieclaire

Ellieclaire Inkling

mahi-mahi resort and moray towers -rainmaker
    moray towers and pihrana pit -tower control
    walleye warehouse and moray towers -turf wars

Silverflame likes this.
  16. ASDgamer

ASDgamer Inkling

NNID:
    louischappell23
    Rainmaker saltspray

17. モモコ

モモコ Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Momogirl3
    Wondering if you still need help on this. Anyways:
    Gold aerospray? for inkstrikes? it is too long and narrow for that to work, you be slottered from long range and short range. Short range like rollers may move back and forth around the walls and use the splatzone only walls on the end to jump on people that come across the zone.

bridge splatzone is not like the others where you can ink a good amount of it from one spot, with higher skilled people or even carrying it is pretty much divide in 3 parts. Trying to get the zone all at once crosses all 3 of these important parts (or 2 for long shooter) that is asking to be ambushed. If you are having trouble here it is because you are trying to take too much at once. Also it is way to long and narrow to depend on inkstrike cheese, you actually need to splat people first then take the zone. bomb rush is a much better special here. Pro uses a lot of ink, sloshing machine is fun but overall a bad weapon (from what people tell me and mostly takes 3 hits to splat someone? plus spread isn't that great, then aerosray is for the most part last thing you want to use in rank. Personally I use krak on roller for most splatzones and this one if I splat a good number of people I can get a good amount by myself in one pass. Also if you do end up with an advantage at some point remember to start inking other parts of the map and even over walls that the other team has inked. Inking over thier ink means they have to do it again, and in doing show shows where they are.

Here is me carrying it in B ranks so I am not sure how helpful it is but maybe ill help to see how I hang around the walls and stuff:

For my favorites:

Turf war: rig, warehouse.... uh.. prob anything but port... esp with those changes done with morway and mall
    Splatzones: Warehouse, camp, port
    TC: Anything but pit, pit TC I rage a lot =.=
    RM: Anything but rig and skatepark

overall I love the camp the most in all 4 modes too!

18. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Probably Mahi Mahi Tower Control.

19. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215
    Mahi Mahi Splat Zones. It's delightfully simple for my squelcher to control the entire area unopposed. If the enemy team lacks a charger or long-range weapon, I get the rare chance to make it rain with minimal opposition.

20. SwimShady

SwimShady The REAL SwimShady

NNID:
    Manfers
    Walleye Zones for sure. Mahi Zones is a close second.