what is your favorite sub and special?

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
my favorite sub is the classic splat bomb, it takes a lot of ink but it can do just about anything. It can reveal enemies who are sharking, make them move to more favorable positions, or poke them in moments where your main weapon isn't effective. The runner-up is point sensor, which helps prevent ambushes and lets your team better plan their attacks, and just generally makes the game a little less stressful.

My favorite special is hard to decide, but I think the spot goes to trizooka. It takes some time to learn, but once you have, it becomes a very simple yet versatile tool that can be used to either push in or defend. The big bubbler is close behind for being just as versatile and serving similar purposes, but it is harder to time it and make sure your team can get the most out of it.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I think vanilla tent hijacked my brain: I love beakons for the team support, being able to jump in even if you get wiped, and the location effect gives it some fun depth.

And my favourite special is ink vac, NOTHING beats the satisfaction of saving your teammate in the nick of time and having them booyah at you for turning the fight around. + eating your opponent's special is super fun

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
My favorite sub has to be fizzy. Its just useful in so many different ways like poking, swimming, painting, holding down an area, and quickly popping rainmaker shield. There's a reason why it's a really popular sub to want on most weapon kits.

My favorite special is also booyah bomb. I just think how it works is super interesting. You can't rely on it as a panic button so its better used to take space with your team and you can choose either to directly use it at the objective or use it in an area that's being controlled by the enemy team to make them back off or potentially trap and get some of them killed. Using at the right time and spot and actually continuing a push off it always feels great, but it's also easy to get killed after you land if anyone is sharking around or more than one person is attacking you while the special charges so sometimes you get into situations where you have to decide to either use it selfishly and protect yourself or throw it where your team is to help them stay alive if they're in a fight. It has a lot of different use cases just like fizzy and I like that.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
For the sub, Fizzy Bomb. It can turn any weapon into a decent painter while also providing an instant ink trail, and it’s significantly harder to spam than other bombs (usually). Also, it’s never lethal unless an enemy blunders into multiple explosions.

For the special, Killer Wail 5.1. At worst, you locate and displace a couple of enemies. The same can’t be said for many specials. At best, the weapon serves as an extra player or three in a team fight. For a one-button special, the design is actually really good.

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
Splat bomb because it's so easy to use and always good. My favorite special is missiles, wish it was on more weapons...

Dianacie

Inkling
My favorite sub is Toxic Mist, it's hard to use but nothing stifles chokepoints like it and it's the perfect sub for Tri-stringer IMO. My favorite special is Bubble Blower because I think it's the most versatile special in the series, and it's SO satisfying to pop the bubbles. I miss it so so bad, Tenta Brella isn't the same without it

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
my fav sub is splat bomb, mostly bc it's almost never a bad sub for any weapon
fav special is kraken, oh my god i wish kraken was on more weapons bc it's so ****ing fun to play
(why isn't there a brush weapon w kraken on it it'd be so fun)

Mjmannella

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6515-6020-5729
To the surprise of likely nobody, my favourite sub and special weapons are the Squid Beakon and Kraken Royale respectively. The former has so much useful functions between scouting for enemies, locking in territory on the stage, and acting as a distraction to bait opponents. The latter is a giant octopus that can tackle and maul enemies hassle-free, what's not the love?

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I love fizzy bomb, you can use it as a painting tool, as a mobility option, as a way to deal some chip damage, and it’s funny soda can.
Ultra Stamp also has a lot of uses, you can rush down people with the mode that’s the most vulnerable, the jump swing is a fast way to get someone right in front of you, and throwing it is a fun way to end the special early if you did what you needed to do with it. Tacticooler is also funny because soda, and it’s actually good.

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
Kinda hard to pick between burst bomb, fizzy bomb and torpedo, but my favorite special? I don't think anything can beat kraken for me

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
my favorite sub is sprinkler ! i happened to play a bunch of sprinkler kits in s2 so ive grown to appreciate it a lot. its a very underrated sub, a lot of ppl assume it mostly does nothing (and the fact that nintendos put it on some pretty unsynergistic kits doesnt help LOL) but theres a lot of little things you can do with it that make it very interesting to me. it helps paint obviously but you can also use it for mobility and distraction. my favorite sprinkler tech is putting it under the rainmaker shield to pop it faster (or stall the enemy team popping it d: )

for favorite special im not really sure ? strikes and kraken are my favorites for salmon run tho

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
burst and cooler no doubt. burst is just so fun to move around with, it's versatile, combos are fun, helping finish weak opponents is fun, it's so cheap so you can chuck so many of them and it's great and i love it. cooler is a drug, literally and figuratively. i love running in and receiving little consequences for doing so if i goof up or trade, plus throwing a good cooler makes me feel like a good team player and yknow that's kinda nice. honorable mention is probably zooka or stamp, but honestly i dont like using most the specials in this game all that much.

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
Torpedo & Zip. Torpedo has a lot of use cases, with being able to both throw for location & redirection of where people are shooting, especially on flanks, as well as rolling. Very well designed sub with a lot of potential. Zip is very fun, but very difficult. I vibe with it on octobrush a lot, the weapon is able to do fast flicks really easily, after you land your zip.

The Knee

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7739-4186-1690
I would say my favorite sub is either burst or sprinkler. I like sprinkler for the quick cover and movement option, but I also like burst bomb because it both provides movement and combos.

My favorite special is probably either ink storm or zipcaster. I like ink storm for the displacement and now with teh buff the team support but zip can be really fun when you pull off crazy plays. If pencil gets stampers kit of burst zip i'd be very happy lol

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
Tri Nouveau has ruined me, I LOVE TACTICOOLER so much, its just so fun to throw down a cooler and go in and slay, its amazing

as for subs probs either Curling, Auto or Toxic Mist. They're just so fun

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
its really hard to say because I flex to so many weapons and feel like a lot of them are cool in their own right.

Can't go wrong with Burst and Cooler though.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
My favorite sub is probably Torpedo, but Fizzy Bomb/Beakons are close seconds! I really like getting off chip damage with Torpedo, or, if they shoot it down, just having something distracting them is a benefit to me. Also they look cute!

For special, my favorite is definitely Tacticooler! I like how it works, I like being able to tangibly help my teammates, and I also like how cute it is that I'm just giving my teammates little sodas. I also just like Wavebreaker and Triple Splashdown, they're just fun to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom