What is your favorite weapon in Splatoon?

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Both the splat roller and the paintbrush look like a ton of fun. Can't wait to try them all out.

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think the paintbrush looks really cool. That speed and swipe attack look really nice.
I agree. Paintbrushes are awesome! Will definitely try that out, too.

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
I agree. Paintbrushes are awesome! Will definitely try that out, too.
I feel that depending if you can splat other players easily with it, it could be a really good offensive... Or defensive weapon?
It's obviously supposed to be an alternate to the ink roller, but I don't really think the roller can specifically be classified as defensive or offensive.
Then again, that's just my perspective. Anyways, I'd love to compete sometime - With pretty much everyone here. >w<

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
probably just the default splattershot tbh

if i had to choose a different weapon, maybe the splattershot jr, since i like how mobile you can be with it

Reactions: Lyn

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ink brush - Insane speed is amazing for evasion and getting opponents when it least expects it.

Classic Squiffer- My most excited for weapon! Love the disadvantages and advantages. The advantages of having power and quickness is awesome! The disadvantages are interesting. Lacking in range and ink supply. Meaning I will have to find creative ink hiding spots then strike when the time is right!

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
Ink brush - Insane speed is amazing for evasion and getting opponents when it least expects it.

Classic Squiffer- My most excited for weapon! Love the disadvantages and advantages. The advantages of having power and quickness is awesome! The disadvantages are interesting. Lacking in range and ink supply. Meaning I will have to find creative ink hiding spots then strike when the time is right!
Nice to have someone that agrees completely. :3

Zzuxon

Inkling
I'm not sure which weapon specifically, but I have a general idea of what I'll favor.
In Tf2 my favorite characters are Engineer, Medic, and Scout, all very objective based.
In Splatoon, I think I'll favor ink coverage over combat, so I don't think I'll like the sniper rifles. The ink roller, paintbrush and grenade launcher look promising.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
I'm really intrigued by the firework shot-esc one, the Blaster. That kind of trajectory and spread has a lot of potential in my eyes. other than that both the paint brush and paint roller seem fun, and the .52 gal seems like a solid choice too.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think the Sniper and the Ink Roller will both be very common. ^^

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I know I'm lame, but right now I'm most excited to try out the Splattershot. :p Then the Roller or the Painbrush.

Aura

Infiltrator
Ink Roller Master Race. I mean, I'll try them all but I'm pretty sure hammering and running over foes with a giant roller is gonna be the best experience ever.
tentacruel-color.png

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
I think the splat charger will be fun, especially if there will be some kind of pistol or melee weapon for a sub weapon, but what it gains in offensive power, it loses significantly in ink coverage, making it more of a support weapon. maybe good in ranked battles?

the splattershot looks nice, having a nice balance between attack and coverage, and would even be a good weapon to protect an ink roller player so they can cover ground more safely.

the ink roller is obviously a good coverage weapon, but from what ive seen, its really easy to die from it's lack of range and offensive ability. it would probably be most effective if the player with the roller had a body guard.

the quick splat is essentially a shotgun, so good at close range, but low reach. also, like the splat charger, seems to have poor coverage, so im not sure how that will work out.

the splattershot junior has high fire rate and coverage, but awful accuracy, so you need to be right up on an enemy to kill them. seems to me it should be a sub weapon.

the blaster is pretty much a hand cannon, getting 1 hit kills really easily. doesn't seem to have that bad of an attack rate but pretty bad coverage. despite that, i think it could be ok as a coverage weapon if you fire repeatedly.

the .52 gallon seems to have ok coverage, but its spread pretty thin, so you cant swim through it really well. it seems to have nice power too, and the rate is nice too, but it does use a lot of ink.

personally i think the splat charger will be fun if it has a good close range sub weapon. i also am probably going to use the splattershot a lot too, and maybe the splattershot junior.

sorry if this is a little long

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom