• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your favorite weapon in Splatoon?

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
I mained the Heavy Splatling for a long time, but recently I've come to love the Custom Jet Squelcher. The Burst Bombs are super-deadly with it, and if you have one Damage Up main and sub, you can kill with one direct hit from the Burst Bombs and one shot from the gun itself. Couple this with the Kraken and you have a defensive powerhouse with pretty good aggressive ability. Bomb Range Up also helps it a lot against snipers, too.

Its main flaw is that it's dependent enough on Burst Bombs that you're going to be running out of ink pretty frequently, so I stack some Ink Recharge Up to deal with it. Coverage also sucks, too, but Burst Bombs help with that a bit.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the .96 Gal Deco's also pretty nice, as long as you don't assume that the Splash Wall is invincible.

Last edited:

Pm460

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SoulSilver360
I love the N-ZAP '89 because of the fast firing and it gets more distance than other fast firing weapons. I've tried other weapons but none besides the '85 and '89 has the specs I'm looking for.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
I main about 3 weapons, currently, depending on the mode: Gold Dynamo Roller, Octobrush Nouveau & Tri-Slosher. Gold Dynamo will always be ol' faithful to me, even after the big nerf lol. But all 3 of my mains are what I consider the most fun to use in the game, at least for me. They all allow for some really exciting & awesome multi-kills & stealth attacks. On the rare occasions I opt for shooters, it's almost always either Dual Squelcher or Tentatek. Shooters seem to be more common/useful in certain situations, but I really just don't have as much fun with them. Maybe it's because the non-shooters are I think a huge part of how Splatoon breaks the standard FPS mold.

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
Splooshomatic. Why?

It's mainly used for melee combat. As such it's extremely important to be right up close to your enemy. Partly due to my poor reaction times, I like using it because it's quick for sudden bursts of pain and kills relatively easily.

The beacon subs are great for team support (if your team knows how to use them) and the special is good for long range power that isn't obtainable by the gun itself.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
.52 Gal Deco. It offers high killing power, the seekers and the Inkstrike.

The .96 Gal Deco is fun and useful too, in certain maps/modes I prefer the Splash Wall over the Seeker and the kraken is nice, although if I want to use the kraken, I will most likely pick the Octobrush instead (which happens to be my melee weapon of choice) since I can have it up more frequently and the kraken is far more useful in a melee weapon like the Octobrush. I also like the Carbon Roller Deco, the Seeker Rush is amazing, but it always drop me off the game when I use it, sadface.

And recently I have grown to love the Zink Mini Splatting, it is just too good, but in ranked I always feel like I am not contributing enough when I pick it over the Gals.

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
Neo Sploosh-o-matic, without a doubt. I like to get in close and personal and its kit is great for team support.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Krak-On Roller, Octobrush, Carbon Roler and Gold Dynamo in no special order! :D

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If we're going just by raw numbers, a quick look at Splatnet tells me that I've used the Krak-On Roller and Octoshot the most. And I won't lie, I do love them both. The Krak-On has some decently impressive inking ability when used properly, and the ever-useful Kraken to wreck havoc if needed. (I'm convinced there are better Squid Beakon weapons, though.) The Octoshot is probably one of the most versatile weapons in the game, which would explain why I use it so often. (That, and it looks cool.)

I'm also rather partial to the .52 Gal. I was drawn to it at first because of its raw damage output, and I used it as my go-to weapon for Tower Control back when I still played Ranked. It's no slouch in Turf Wars either, although I'll admit it's success is a little map-dependent. I honestly think it might be one of the more versatile weapons in the game as well—not as much as the Octoshot, on account of needing a bit of :ability_damage: to work well, but it ain't the one-trick pony that the Aerospray RG is.

Lately I've had some newfound success with the Splattershot Pro. At first I'd dismissed it as being too ink-consuming and not accurate enough with a bad kit, but that was back when I was a complete newbie. Now? I love being able to splat foes from a comfortable distance, and strangely enough I find it to be somewhat decent at inking. (Enough for me to be able to fire Inkstrikes more than once, at least.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom