What is your favourite hated map/mode?

Bluejay

Inkster Jr.
Does everyone has that one map/mode they think is peak (or they know it isn’t peak but their win rate is ridiculously high there) but it's actually loathed by all their family and friends?

I do and it's mahi zone (includes pre-rework). I used to wait days for a mahi zone rotation to do my rank up battles. Idk, splatbombs just go so hard there when you're in S rank, I miss it everyday u-u

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I really like Undertow zones. I get why it's hated and even now that I've gotten better as a player it's not as fun as it used to be but back when I was starting out my favorite matches would take place in Undertow zones. The zones switching back and forth from who controlled it and trying to fight while pushing through mid was rough but it meant a lot of stuff would be happening in there. I play Machine so the smaller double zone layout was good for me too. My best zones winrate was also on Undertow until a week ago(it's barnacle now) too but still, I have a lot more problems with it now and I do want the map to be reworked but I have good memories with it.

Bluejay

Inkster Jr.
I really like Undertow zones. I get why it's hated and even now that I've gotten better as a player it's not as fun as it used to be but back when I was starting out my favorite matches would take place in Undertow zones. The zones switching back and forth from who controlled it and trying to fight while pushing through mid was rough but it meant a lot of stuff would be happening in there. I play Machine so the smaller double zone layout was good for me too. My best zones winrate was also on Undertow until a week ago(it's barnacle now) too but still, I have a lot more problems with it now and I do want the map to be reworked but I have good memories with it.
Undertow zone was my nightmare (it still is) but I can definitely see how a machine player would enjoy it >: ) I remember starting out and circling around the map in disbelief during matches: “what do you mean I must go through that narrow passage?? There are people (backlines) watching!” Finger crossed it gets reworked soon XD

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
wahoo world zones is honestly really fun for me even though i'm pretty sure most other people think it's a pretty lame map. i also generally really like umami ruins on all modes, i don't think people hate it per se but i never hear anyone talking about it

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i have no good or bad reason for liking it (besides 'somehow i win there a lot') but my favorite 'bad' mapmode is mahi tower. i feel like mahi anything for a brainless tetra player is a weird take (i'll be in the pool if you need me 👍) and i'm neutral at best about all other modes on mahi, but for some reason mahi tower is different to me

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
wahoo world zones is honestly really fun for me even though i'm pretty sure most other people think it's a pretty lame map. i also generally really like umami ruins on all modes, i don't think people hate it per se but i never hear anyone talking about it
Also throwing in my hat for wahoo zones, its really lame af and lockout heavy but its my #1 explosher map. I like the perfectly circular zone hahah

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
I love mako clams its so chaotic it's honestly kind of funny
Least favorite is easily TC/SZ eeltail that map makes my blood boil

paks

Inkling
I also like undertow zones as a blobber, but I liked it perversely as a sploosh before that. There’s just something about the spine that is so satisfying to shmoove around.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
I am undertow zones #1 hater SORRY as someone who plays flanky weapons i just cannot do undertow in general LOL

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
anything on brinewater or wahoo. i get why ppl don’t like those maps i just enjoy them and have historically good win rates on them lol. brine + wahoo zones are especially my favorites

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I think Wahoo World is a severely overhated map, particularly Wahoo Tower Control.
The main issue people have with the map is there being no route into mid other than the uninkables for half the game, Wahoo Tower always has a jump that makes getting to mid much easier.
The spinner gimmick is also one of the best in the series, I'd say only Piranha Pit's conveyors beat it.

Meanwhile, I feel like ROMen has possibly the worst TC layout in the game. Once you get past CP 2, you win.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i absolutely love brinewater springs and it's complete and utter blasphemy to me that ppl think barnacle is better (HOW????)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
i absolutely love brinewater springs and it's complete and utter blasphemy to me that ppl think barnacle is better (HOW????)
Curious. And you're a Jr. and brush player.
Most people agree Barnacle has a better mid due to its stacks, while Brinewater ends up being a charger convention more often than not due to the high ground providing a 30 foot long sniper post.
Calling Brinewater good is fair, but I'm surprised you prefer it over Barnacle.

Ceviche

Inkling
NNID
Ceviche
Switch Friend Code
SW-0783-4917-4978
Mincemeat clams. I wish the rework was a bit more substantial so people would be willing to play it with me when it’s up in Open.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
Curious. And you're a Jr. and brush player.
Most people agree Barnacle has a better mid due to its stacks, while Brinewater ends up being a charger convention more often than not due to the high ground providing a 30 foot long sniper post.
Calling Brinewater good is fair, but I'm surprised you prefer it over Barnacle.
the main reason i hate barnacle is that it's difficult to bounce back when getting spawn camped, and actually doing the camping is boring. and mid is so small and hardly has any paths to get to it, so camping is pretty much the only way to play on it a lot of the time (which is lame.) the most that i can give barnacle is that it has a pretty fun clams layout and zones is, at best, playable.
i simply just have more fun on brinewater, and i find its layout to be a lot more versatile for me. chargers don't even bother me that much since i can kinda work with what little cover there is and annoy them. (splatlings are more annoying on that map than chargers imo)
this probably sounds completely stupid from a comp perspective, but i'm not a comp player and exclusively play solo queue. that, and i don't play ranked as much as i should lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom