• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What loadout do you think you'll be running/maining competitively?

XenobiaXD

Inkling
NNID
XenobiaXD
I did say "In adventure mode", right?

I'm currently wondering what the Air Brush weapon would come with.... and how would it function? Like a Flamethrower?
Oh sorry I didn't see that, and I would assume that would be how it would work, maybe less damage but it would cover more ground?

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Oh sorry I didn't see that, and I would assume that would be how it would work, maybe less damage but it would cover more ground?
I thought that as well. Also has anyone seen this weapon? I think it may be a variant of the Blaster...

Skip to 2:24. I know I've seen it around on a Battle Dojo Screenshot, maybe it was on this same video, but this is the only gameplay clip of it we have.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
what is the sub/special weapon for the splat charger?

Cedy

Inkling
NNID
Cedyism
It will probably change once I get the game, but...

Right now the Splattershot interests me. I like it when it's a well balanced weapon.
For the sub weapon, the Splash wall will probably be my choice.
My special weapon will be the Ink Tornado.

Last edited:

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I wonder if there are specials that we haven't seen yet? Theres like, I think 4 revealed right now, I kind of hope there's more.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the Splattershot Jr because of it's wide range, but I could also see myself using the standard Splattershot just because I like knowing exactly what I can do with my weapon.
For the sub I'd like either the Sprinkler as a distraction or the bombs so I can play more offensively.
And for the special I'd love the Killer Wail, which will be great in the Ranked mode.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
I'm probably going to go with a paint brush + sprinkler + ink strike and some speed buffs and using the buff that let's you hold more ink

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i think i'll just stick to the plain loadout of splattershot/ink bomb/inkzooka. not very creative, but it's versatile and gets the job done in a lot of areas. since splatoon is just 4v4 it's going to be important to have as much utility in your loadout as possible rather than focusing in a niche, unless you have a team that is willing to support and work around that niche's disadvantages

the only other weapon i think that really interests me is the splattershot jr. with its huge ink coverage that's gonna be helpful for mobility, and the ink roller for obvious reasons. i'll probably have separate loadouts for them, and use them when the time is right

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I'm hoping for a Brush/Ink Wall/Bomb Rush (the water balloon bombs) set. I know it doesn't sound ideal but the Brush is for distraction/support weapon, so having an ink wall to block off an area and protect your allies and Bomb Rush to some enemies quickly. Plus, Bomb Rush is my favorite Special. <3

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
Definitely splat chargers. :D I'll be like the awesome support of the team. Annihilating the opposition. laying down strategic ink paths for teammates. Harassing the opposition and laying a lil' bit of ink myself.

Maybe throw in that Ink wall to assert my dominance over other players. :3 I out range them, can one shot them, and that wall makes it that much better. My main goal is to make life on the other team difficult.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
.52 gal with the wall. The shooter class of weapons also looks like they are right up my alley as well.

Last edited:

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
I've always enjoyed sharpshooting, so I'm looking at chargers.

EDIT: After playing the only testfire I'll get to, I got more mileage out of the shooter, but that's mostly because it was easiest to get into.

Last edited:

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
After playing the testfire (and oh man it's fun) I actually think i'll go for mixture.

Marz

Inkling
NNID
MarzTheHuman
Definitely love having a fast-paced/rushdown playstyle while being able to ink as much turf as possible, so right now I'm pretty keen on different loadouts with either of these weapons:

Main Weapons: Aerospray MG/Jet Squelcher/Ink Brush/Splattershot
Sub Weapons: Splat Bomb/Seeker/Sprinkler/Burst Bomb

As for special weapons though, I'm not entirely sure. They all look pretty amazing as of right now! But if I had to choose, it seems like Bubbler and Kraken would best suit my playstyle.

LinkMain111

Inkling
NNID
LinkMain111
Splattershot because it seems like most tech will be the easiest to do with the weapon.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I'm not completely sure about sub weapons, but I'm currently interested in getting a Splatcharger with some good range on it, maybe wih a scope although the maps seem fairly small anyways so I don't know if I'll need it.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I'll have to try out all the different options before sticking with one set up, but I'll probably stick with a Shooter of some kind.

SUPERJEM94

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SUPERJEM94
For the main weapon, the Splattershot for sure. Not sure what I want for sub/special weapon yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom