• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What loadout do you think you'll be running/maining competitively?

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I made a post before about specific weapons and sub weapons I'd use, but here's how I'd arrange them in a loadout:
Main weapons, sub weapons, and abilities:
I might try to dress for style, but if it keeps me away from specific abilities that I want, then I'll ditch style entirely. Anyways, I'm planning on having specific loadouts based on my several different playstyles and maps that are available during each 4 hour period. I'll share some of my weapon choices and abilities.

Main Weapons:
Aerospray MG
Jet Squelcher
E-liter 3K
Splatter Scope
Paintbrush

Sub Weapons:
Splat Bomb
Seeker
Ink Mine

Special Weapons:
Bubbler
Echolocator
Kraken

Abilities:
Ink Saver (Main)
Special Charge Up
Ink Saver (Sub)
Ink Recovery Up
Bomb Range Up
Run Speed Up
Swim Speed Up
Special Duration
Stealth Jump
Ink Resistance Up
Loadout 1:
Aerospray MG, Seeker, Kraken - This will make me a pain in the butt for the opposing team. Add this with abilities like Run Speed Up, Ink Saver (Main), and Special Duration, I'll be up in your face at all times and annoying to deal with.

Loadout 2:
E-liter 3K, Ink Mine, Echolocator - The super campy playstyle. Being able to snipe from very far away and locate all enemies will mainly support the team by helping them stay alive. The Ink Mine is a better choice than the Bubbler to help cover myself since I can run away and set up a trap if opponents try to swim up to me or chase after me. Couple this with Swim Speed Up, Ink Saver (Sub), and Ink Resistance Up, I'll be able to keep teammates alive while getting rid of opponents.

Loadout 3:
TBD

Cedy

Inkling
NNID
Cedyism
After trying the demo, my favorite weapon is Splattershot Jr. It might switch when I try all the shooters, though.

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Defo Splattershot user. I'll probably run mines, and the Special Weapon that shows enemies. Though that's just from what I saw. I may run differently seeing all my choices. I actually need to play to find out what I like.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Personally i think i will use the Splattershot Jr. I'm the run and gun type. Plus i really like how it felt in the testfire

Malamink

Inkling
NNID
wylde_raptor
Ink Brush once it's released. Subweapon would be Sprinkler or Splat Bomb, and Special Weapon would possibly the KIller Wail? I'd love to experiment with more options though.

Langis

Full Squid
NNID
LangisQc
Probably Splat roller since I like going in more, its efficient and it feels good.
The burst bomb because of its speed.
Finally, the Kraken since it looks like it feels satisfying and midly epic to crush opponents.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
I see myself playing a variety of things to be honest. What I'm most excited to try is the Kraken, not only are you invincible, but you swim very quickly (even through enemy ink) and leave behind a trail of your own ink (so teammates can follow), and you can one shot people with its melee attack. It has a lot of versatility and it would fit in pretty much any loadout.

Gringaer

Inkling
I will probably use a charger with a scope on it because usually have a defensive playstyle.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
For those who don't know, you do NOT get to choose your sub/special separately. Just like in the demo, they're tied to certain guns. One of the guys with a review copy confirmed this.

Personally I'll probably be using some kind of Splattershot, but I don't know what. I do really want to try the Areospray though but I'm doubting I'd use it when I was trying to do well. Also I imagine speed swimming gear will be rain supreme.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
Ideally I would like a Spatcharger, with the sprinkler sheild sub weapon, and the UA- I mean echolocater as a super weapon.

However when not playing charger I would like an AeroSpray MG, with the tracker subweapon, and really I don't care what the super is at that point.

For those who don't know, you do NOT get to choose your sub/special separately. Just like in the demo, they're tied to certain guns. One of the guys with a review copy confirmed this.
True but I not sure if every set for the same weapon will be the same. I don't think every splattershot will come with the same subweapon and super weapon. But I could be wrong.

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
1. Jet Squelcher Sprinkler Bubbler. Ink saver Main ,Special duration ,and last resort.

Viscaria

Inkling
NNID
Viscaria
I really like the charger, but I haven't had the time to get used to it. Roller is fun of course, but I don't know how long I'll stick with it. The 1.5gal looks awesome as does the airbrush style weapon. I'll try them all and see where I stand!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster

i think i'm definitely going to use this set.

the aerospray has a wide radius and incredibly fast rate of fire, which is going to be amazing for area coverage. its time to kill is about the same as the splattershot jr's, but probably even faster since it has a faster rate of fire and (presumably) less random spray pattern. the ink mine will be a great tool for getting passive frags; just lay it down in areas where the other team frequently goes, and you'll probably get something. it'll probably cost a lot of ink, but it's not like it's hard to regain it, and even if another player finds and destroys it, i didn't lose anything other than a free kill, and it still wasted a few seconds of their time. the only downside to it is if the other team is hyperaware of where to find them thanks to some abilities/specials that can reveal them, or they just have a good sense of finding them and detonating them/retreating from them. the inkstrike as a very strong special, as well, since it allows you to claim territory from across the map, even if you don't manage to get any frags with it. it's a great tool for splat zones, and it'll be at least competent in other modes, as well.

in competitive play, you'll want your set to synergize with your team, but for playing alone? i can see this as being a strong loadout. i haven't exactly gotten to play around with it, but it'll definitely be the first thing i try out at a serious level, at least.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
My competitive brawl days taught me not to get too gungho about a main especially before release.

I'd like to us a charger load-out but I'm not going to make a commitment till have a few scores of hours logged into the game.

FuncDetail

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FuncDetail
I really want to build something out of the Splattershot Jr. loadout that was in the test fire (Given that it's the same).
It was the only loadout out of the four that really went well with my "High Risk High Reward" + CQB Lover nature.

I'd try to get clothing that gives me faster ink refill, faster special recharge and faster Squidform swim speed. This could be the keys to pull that sweet Hat Trick again but in the release version instead.

Box

Pro Squid
I wonder if mains are really appropriate for this game. It seems like the situation changes a lot from map to map, almost like each map has a separate objective for how you end up wining it. I believe that's why maps are on a rotation, because what weapon you choose will be strongly influenced by the map. Well that's what the developers seem to think anyhow.

Anyway one of the first things that I am interested in trying is long-range inking and support using the one of the Jet Squelcher loadouts. That weapon seems to have the ability to lay down a lot of ink while staying in a relatively safe position.

FuncDetail

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FuncDetail
I wonder if mains are really appropriate for this game. It seems like the situation changes a lot from map to map, almost like each map has a separate objective for how you end up wining it.
I agree that one should take a loadout related to the current map or game mode. Everybody should learn to play this way however no matter what, each human being leans toward a way to do certain things which is kinda the point of having a main.

For example, I was very comfy at using the Splattershot Jr. loadout during the test fire. If the map and game mode is fitting, I will definitely use it as much as possible. However if a map rotation makes another loadout more suitable, I won't stick to what I normally use and use another loadout instead.

So basically, it's perfectly acceptable to have a main loadout that you have lots of knowledge and love using, though knowing when to change to fit the current situation is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom