• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What loadout do you think you'll be running/maining competitively?

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Based on the info I have right now (which is mostly based off the Testfire), I'll be running with the Splattershot Jr. But again, I'll have to start trying things before I can accurately determine that.

I wonder if mains are really appropriate for this game. It seems like the situation changes a lot from map to map, almost like each map has a separate objective for how you end up wining it.
This applies as well. For example, the Splat Charger I don't think is very good for turf wars, since it doesn't allow you to cover ground that well. But if there was a deathmatch type game, it would be very useful as it is a Sniper Rifle type weapon which is good for killing.

Of course, teamwork and good coordination can change anything. Perhaps a meta will evolve that, even in Turf Wars, having a dedicated sniper/killer isn't such a bad thing.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Duel Squelcher. Looks awesome, stat wise and aesthetic wise.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Personally looking at AeroSpray/Seeker/Inkzooka combo, A very in-your-face playstyle.

Though in tf2 I play a more support playstyle and if that transfers over then I may use the Jet Squelcher (either way going to try and be a shooter).

VZ_Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jefferson1234
Splattershot Jr.+grenade+shield for me as of now. When I get game, I will definitely try every weapon and make the decision.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Not too sure right now but I'm thinking charger + echolocator + ink mine for helping my team with information and traps for opponents.
Edit: Change ink mine to squid beacon just for the better support. I don't usually go head on in most games so I feel like the best way for me to contribute is to help those who do. But as I said before I'm still not too sure. I'm making sure to experiment.

Last edited:

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
My hard core build will be hopefully Aerospray MG, Mines, Bubbler but Ill have a class for the Jet Squelcher, A splat charger and a Roller too

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
I wasn't able to play in the testfires, so the only info I have right now is from watching videos and streams. So far Splattershot Jr. + Bubbler is giving me a really good first impression, though that's partly because I got to see GameXplain's Andre absolutely dominate 1v1 situations with it lol. However, I'm really curious to see how the Disruptor sub and Inkstrike special work in Splat Zones. At least I don't have to wait long to try them all out for myself. :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom