• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What Makes You Angry?

Cephalobro

The irony of Splatoon 2's square, you know it. People whine about Among Us memes but when somebody else complains about the crap regarding somebody's identity that keeps being spammed, those who spam it/react become even more childish than the children (whom by the way, have done nothing wrong in the game and are the game's target audience) they despise, throwing tantrums when they get called out. Makes me wish from the beginning of the Splatoon 2 life span, none of the social media platforms were used, and instead, Nintendo would have their own version of Miiverse for the Switch instead where moderation was more serious and so much of this could have been avoided.

This part is seriously the worst part of social media and the stupid bias that exists in those sites.

Last edited:

Squido the Inkling

Senior Squid
If this were to happen though, we wouldn't be here chatting on squidboards. But the spammers of online society acting stupid is worse than no squidboards, I guess. Nintendo need to rule over their subjects, not hand it over to a dumb *** whenever they start on their project.

BTW, if the switch 'pro' comes out, I am really going to lose it.

Cephalobro

If this were to happen though, we wouldn't be here chatting on squidboards. But the spammers of online society acting stupid is worse than no squidboards, I guess. Nintendo need to rule over their subjects, not hand it over to a dumb *** whenever they start on their project.

BTW, if the switch 'pro' comes out, I am really going to lose it.
Squidboards is a great place and I'm pretty sure it would still exist even with Miiverse around, and we would still be chatting here regardless of whether Nintendo had their own moderation or not. But integration with toxic places like Twitter was a huge mistake on Nintendo's part. Heck, even before Splatoon 2 was announced, I wanted to join Squidboards, but I didn't have the time to do so before.

Last edited:

Squido the Inkling

Senior Squid
I don't like twitter, facebook ect. I have a small soft spot on the side of my head for instagram, but they all follow one rule. I think the only reason people go on there is for them to see trump. (Pah! Trump?)

SquiddyKat

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5563-4478-5986
Repeatedly disconnecting, in one match after another, or when you're seconds from the end of a match, and it disconnects.

In Salmon Run, when they bombard you with enemies, that it's impossible to defat them all. I hope this gets fixed in Splatoon 3. IMO, there should be no more than two at a time.
Another thing, it doesn't really make me angry most times, but when I'm playing Salmon Run, and people won't collect the eggs or they don't make it a priority to take it to the basket.

frankus

Banned (6 points)
I have so many idea for new Splatoon weapons that it isn't even funny! Like this new one that I thought of this morning. It's mop but you dip it in an ink bucket connected to the front side of your bike. So do you mop the floor with ink? Nope, you fling it a people and can do it in up to 320 degree arc. That mean you can fling ink var and at a wide angle. Given the bike's speed you would not even need a sub weapon!

Cephalobro

The herd mentality when it comes to Splatubers. Now I personally have no gripe against any of them but it's their fans that sort of bother me, remember the WUT incident where more and more people decided to throw the match just to fool around? That's the kind of herd mentality I have a problem with. But the herd mentality that makes me even more annoyed is one dealing with misinformation, it's not just Splatubers, but gaming YouTubers in general that talk about Splatoon.

My problem with the misinformation is the fact that they are stated as true facts by the YouTuber even though it's more like their own interpretation. And guess what happens? That's right, the spread of misinformation that could've easily been prevented had they said something along the lines of "That's how I think." or "That's just my opinion." rather than stating it like a fact. Splatoon is notorious for being a catalyst for such misconceptions due to the game's refusal to clarify its lore (although, Splatoon 3 certainly looks like it will not cower away from clarifying pieces of lore that needed to be clarified beforehand unlike Splatoon 2 where it didn't do much to clarify the lore, but better late than never I suppose.)

frankus

Banned (6 points)
Herd mentality is common in many people. I use it to my advantage when fighting a turf war. So people will go to the same spot to fight and I go to where they're not. I then continue inking the turf and then go to a high vantage point to surprise the opponents. They never see the ticker-tack-attack coming!

Bennet

Pro Squid
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I have to say when your teammate has the Rainmaker and goes all the way to your goal and then he dies from the Rainmaker explosion and you have to complete the match by your self without any cover

Shroomy

Inkling
Pronouns
octo
i watched a friends replay last night because they’re in A rank and i really want to be in A rank. so i watched them and was disappointed. hiding in the ink for eternity, not contributing, painting over teammates paint, and the big thing that really made me mad was that they left one of their teammates who was getting attacked by two of the enemies. needless to say i was disappointed and also pretty angry.

Driftwood

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
One thing that's been annoying me recently is when you are losing a game and some of your teammates just give up and sit in spawn yelling "this way". I think this is mostly in open and yeah i know that the loss doesn't matter much points wise but I still want to play the game even if we are losing. It's practice at least, and usually against skilled players so there is potentially stuff to learn. Also you occasionally see complete turnarounds so it's still worth giving it a go.

Bennet

Pro Squid
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i watched a friends replay last night because they’re in A rank and i really want to be in A rank. so i watched them and was disappointed. hiding in the ink for eternity, not contributing, painting over teammates paint, and the big thing that really made me mad was that they left one of their teammates who was getting attacked by two of the enemies. needless to say i was disappointed and also pretty angry.
oof he not a good teammate

Cephalobro

Speaking of bad teammates, I have encountered those who want to Super Jump to me so badly even though it's not a good idea.

a hot mess

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
any
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
what REALLY grinds my gears, for all modes.
turf war: bad rotations
anarchy (rainmaker): the rainmaker carrier acts like they're oblivious
anarchy (tower control): when my whole team is on the tower
anarchy (clam blitz): people not picking up the power clam when they're close to it
anarchy (splat zones): playing it
Hero Mode: bad aim
challenges: my shell out token giving me a drink ticket
salmon run: people using specials after each wave
side order: nothing yet
splatfest: my team throwing
oh s+ hit theres a rat in my house what the

AbsentAria

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0607-7213-7613
I think my biggest annoyance/tilt is probably feeling powerless, times where no matter what I do it feels like I can't influence the outcome. It's most noticeable on losing matches though maybe I just need to get better at noticing when my team is staggered in solo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom