• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what other games have grabbed your attention lately?

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Persona 4 Golden is so good. How much do you know so far? The less, the better, but once you have four possible teammates and clear at least... (I think you only have to get through the first two dungeons, and one is the tutorial area?) do yourself a favor and look up "P4A chase scene." That reminds me, I still need to do my NG+ challenge run and compendium completion. Feel free to chat me up about Persona 4 anytime!

To lead into my own picks, Persona 5 Royal has been pretty fun. I started playing Tycoon the other day and it is just as dangerous for me as Tableturf battles. I have a little Cohost blog where I share my observations and opinions.

I still have to finish the Indigo Disk in Pokémon Scarlet. I could. My team is pretty great. I just don't want to, probably because my brain is currently full of ink. (Blame it on the 'tism?)

Let's not talk about the games I own, but haven't played. :')
I beat the first castle and have a full party of 4, but not much further. I have a hunch on who the serial killer is but I don't want to look up anything on youtube cause I don't want to give myself spoilers on a game I'm going nearly 100% blind in sob

I bought the pokemon dlc too and started breezing through it with my comp team that I made at the start of Scarlet VGC but then got bored and haven't touched it in awhile

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
i find it really hard to devote myself to more than 2 games at a time.... i tend to get wayy too fixiated on whatever im currently playing 😭

but apart from splatoon, definetly guilty gear strive!!! shoutout to you, plant, and bean because ive been liking this game more than i expected to c: never thought id get into fighting games but here we are... thank u for that lol

ive only played ~30 matches of multiplayer, but they were pretty fun and i feel like i was learning bit by bit. watching gameplay and researching abt mechanics or combos (and even the Stupid Terminology) is also something i really enjoy doing ^^
plus the characters have amazing designs which just makes everything 10x better

i love her btw 🛐

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
okay gonna take these around 4 at a time so i don't bury everyone beneath a wall of unbroken text

Totk and speed running botw
i tried my hand at speedrunning botw a few years back! it was pretty fun - i don't think i'm naturally built for speedrunning, but i did learn how to whistle sprint and use stasis on trees to send myself into orbit, so my casual playthroughs look pretty goofy. it's a good time!

Strive, BBCF and DRG already here so I might as well contribute something else.

Ultrakill: blah blah words

Inscryption: muh name plant and i type gud but not as gud as kyubone hehe
i was just thinking it'd been a while since i'd seen multiple plant paragraphs lmao

but yeah, i agree with everything you said about ultrakill. that game is a BANGER. i haven't made it past layer 4 yet but i'm on my way bro trust me 🏃‍♂️ inscryption is def on my list cuz i loooove roguelike deckbuilders; i had a lot of fun with griftlands, and i spent most of the summer of 2020 during quarantine grinding runs in one step from eden. unfortunately it's gonna have to wait until i get around to clearing slay the spire at least one time so i'll keep you posted

Stardew valley I finally found a game to rival how much I love splatoon and its not nearly as stressful (at least for me)
yippee, i love stardew so much! glad you're enjoying it and hope it keeps the stress away. blessings upon ye for a bountiful harvest of crops 🙏

I recently started playing Poptropica and it makes me wish I discovered it in its heyday instead of pretty much the end of its life.
i've heard a ton about poptropica but never tried it myself! what type of game is it?

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
A fangame but it's SO good I have to mention. So you know Undertale right. Well a fangame got released in december after 7 years of being in the works And it's simply AMAZING. It's Undertale yellow and its OST, characters and fights have me in a chokehold. Please try it if you can ! It's free !

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
Pokemon Scarlet. I got Violet for Black Friday and really enjoyed the endgame. So I bought Scarlet with the DLC added for roughly $50. Playing with a different team this time.

Super Princess Peach: Was interested in it for a while and finally got a copy!

Debating on getting Car Quest because Vasko lol
ough... i wanna play the scarlet dlc but idk if i can justify getting it now, especially when i have so many other games i wanna play 😔 area zero still lives in my head rent-free and i will absolutely treasure (hahahaha get it) the endgame, but i haven't been feeling pokémon games as much these days. if they make another legends spinoff, though...

Just picked up Under Night In-Birth II [Sys: Celes], having a blast with it. Just hit A rank with Vatista this morning, and I still haven't learned a proper BnB yet. Also here's a funny highlight.

Also grabbed Another Code Recollection a little while ago, finished the first game and then UNI2 stole my attention away before I could start on the second. I'll get back to it soon.

And then there's the perennial games I'm always playing: Skullgirls, Them's Fightin' Herds, Slay the Spire, and Riichi Mahjong.
yooo, glad the online is working in uni2 now 🙏 that timeout draw was crazy wtf

skugs looks so cool but man i am not mentally equipped to handle any kind of tag fighter rn. learning one character is enough for me lmao

does sudoku count

actual answer: i'd like to play pikmin 4 at some point ... i've been into pikmin since i was little watching my dad play it on gamecube but i've never actually played a pikmin game myself LOL. i also played oneshot over winter break and wanna go back for the true ending at some point. i wanted to get suika game for switch but since they just put it on the jp ios app store i think i'll wait until its available globally so i can play it on my phone when i'm bored d:
yes, we love puzzles in this household

picked men fun, haven't played the newest one but i might get it since everyone has been hyping it up to unreal levels. also ONESHOT MENTIONED but i will elaborate more down below

finished playing the steam version of OneShot a few months ago and it made me cry alot 😭 really cute story and characters, and it's $10 base price iirc so it's hard not to recommend
ONESHOT MENTIONED TWICE IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

i love that game soooooo much. it altered my brain chemistry forever. niko is my beloved child and i would never let anything happen to them. they have to live in my pocket.

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
Foamstars came out today so been trying that out and it's a blast tbh

Other than that been playing Soul Silver and Emerald.
emerald good!!! gen 3 wasn't my introduction to the games - had played crystal before that - but ruby was the first one i ever owned and was able to sink an insane amount of hours into. i still love gen 3 with my whole heart, plus the variety of romhacks and fan games that spawned from rse is frankly astonishing 🧡

Ok I can write a serious answer now...I have not been playing a lot of games since I got into Splatoon. Some things I enjoyed includes:

1) Stardew Valley also! I've played solo and with friends, on PC & switch, both are incredibly fun. My favourite villagers are Emily and Shane (in this house we stan depressed drunk chicken man.) I maxxed out their little hearts but never dated anyone because it felt weird (only later I learned being aromantic is a thing, oops!) In my longest save I was somewhere in the 2nd year, filling my greenhouse with strawberries...

2) Dave the Diver! Hilarious diving adventure, a mix of action & puzzle & restaurant simulation. It's easy to enjoy, satisfying, not scary at all despite being under the sea, and still somewhat challenging. Mighi trigger intense cravings for sashimi.

3)Backpack Hero 🎒
It's like a mix of cult of the lamb & slay the spire, you choose between a few heroes to go on a roguelike run, where your power comes from organizing your backpack as you fill it with magical items XD
Downside: last time I played there were quite a few bugs, hope they fix it soon
birb friend on stardew, when will we play together 🤠 you're so valid, and emily is another good bean who i always try to socialize with. my greenhouse is popping off rn - i have a bunch of ancient fruit and 3 of every fruit tree inside! i've also heard good things about backpack hero and i'd love to give it a shot! i know about the sashimi scenes from dave the diver and i'm terrified to experience that level of hunger directly. it may be too powerful to contain

I've picked up animal crossing again lately. I'm not even sure what prompted it, it's just nice to decompress with and helps me fall asleep. Finally got around to getting my island to 5 stars!
nice, congrats! bluejay (my teammate) has been sharing a lot of their work on acnh and it's been making me wanna play again but i have no energy to spareeeee 😓 congrats on your island tho!

Mostly been playing Lethal Company, Palworld, World of Horror, Monster Hunter World (mostly to play with a friend who got it during Christmas), and Pizza Tower.
Have been playing older Pokemon titles and ROM hacks, but that's mostly for streams.
very nice, big fan of lethal company and monster hunter as well! pizza tower WILL be played soon because i love the ost so much and i wanna experience the game for myself. also on board with the older/hacked pokémon games as well, just don't tell reggie or he'll blow up my house with his laser eyes for the "crime" of emulation

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
I impulse bought Persona 4 Golden and I can't get Shadow World out of my head now

Bonus hyperfixating is wanting to buy Persona 3 Royal too
wow, persona! that sounds cool, is that anything like my favorite rpg series shin megami tensei? /j

all my discord friends are playing p3r right now and i might end up doing the same if it's on game pass...

Just thought about how many different games I've been playing myself lately! Right now I'm bouncing between Omega Strikers, Teamfight Tactics, Pokemon Unite, The Talos Principle, Lethal Company, and both Risk of Rain games. Needless to say when I get free time who knows what I'll be playing, and from what genre!
i'm ashamed to admit that i gave up on tft when i quit league even though i really enjoyed the funny autochess game 😔 it's so cool and i love the different mechanics of each set! unite, though... i hit masters forever ago and never looked back, so i wish you all the best in your journey

ror2 is one of those games i can pick up and have a good time with at any moment, so i feel you. got a favorite survivor? i do most of my runs with merc, railgunner, and void fiend, though i've got a soft spot for rex these days too!

titanfall 2 mentioned /j

it's insane to me that the game is still played as much as it is considering i was running games on 2fort before some people on this forum were even born................

i find it really hard to devote myself to more than 2 games at a time.... i tend to get wayy too fixiated on whatever im currently playing 😭

but apart from splatoon, definetly guilty gear strive!!! shoutout to you, plant, and bean because ive been liking this game more than i expected to c: never thought id get into fighting games but here we are... thank u for that lol

ive only played ~30 matches of multiplayer, but they were pretty fun and i feel like i was learning bit by bit. watching gameplay and researching abt mechanics or combos (and even the Stupid Terminology) is also something i really enjoy doing ^^
plus the characters have amazing designs which just makes everything 10x better

i love her btw 🛐
congratulations, you let me and plant Fix you :cool: you are now a real gamer (also i believe in you) and yes gio is one of the best but elphelt stole my heart the moment she was released so i'll just support my fellow queen appreciator from my corner over here

A fangame but it's SO good I have to mention. So you know Undertale right. Well a fangame got released in december after 7 years of being in the works And it's simply AMAZING. It's Undertale yellow and its OST, characters and fights have me in a chokehold. Please try it if you can ! It's free !
inch arresting,,, i will consider this!

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
At the moment? Not much! I've been really hyperfocused on making art as of late and any and all free time that isn't Splatoon is... drawing... Splatoon... so I've been neglecting other games in exchange

That said, the two most recent games that managed to pry me away were Potionomics, which my brother bought for me (...entirely because it has cute girls you can romance in it), which I've been greatly enjoying, and then Rain World, which I got off of a recommendation from a friend, and has become one of my all time favorite games. Potionomics isn't a favorite, but it IS really good, but Rain World? Easily one of my top 5 games. Genuinely a masterpiece. Also, it's got funny little beasts and creatures in it, so that's a win!

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
i will NEVER stop recommending chicory a colorful tale to anyone i see
beautiful story, fun gameplay partially inspired by splatoon, 2.5D platforming with endless new mechanics. i have been in love with this game for 2 years
Chicory_lagoon-1.gif
as for new games… not really anything lately. chicory’s head dev is working on another game right now which i’m interested in, but the demo came out a while ago. i played cult of the lamb a LOT when the last dlc came out like good god that game is addictive with the management part alone
i’ll look through this thread to see if anything catches my eye

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
oh my god I FORGOT ABOUT THAT GAME… ive only watched playthroughs but holy **** i love it to death

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
and yes gio is one of the best but elphelt stole my heart the moment she was released so i'll just support my fellow queen appreciator from my corner over here
actually just yesterday i was about to cry over how i needed 20 MORE CENTS on steam to buy elphelt dlc 😭😭😭😭😭 it will happen eventually........when i learn the game and Get Money

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
i'm ashamed to admit that i gave up on tft when i quit league even though i really enjoyed the funny autochess game 😔 it's so cool and i love the different mechanics of each set! unite, though... i hit masters forever ago and never looked back, so i wish you all the best in your journey

ror2 is one of those games i can pick up and have a good time with at any moment, so i feel you. got a favorite survivor? i do most of my runs with merc, railgunner, and void fiend, though i've got a soft spot for rex these days too!
A lot of these games are just games I've played with firends honestly! So I don't really take TFT or Unite very seriously, just a little social thing to do. I never claimed to be very good at anything!

When I boot up RoR2 I'll really play whoever, but if I want comfort I'll go Huntress, Loader, Viend, or Captain. So pretty similar survivor pools!

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
I never really put a lot of hours into my switch for the first couple of years in its life (besides like 1 or 2 indie games) so I have a bit of a backlog, esp for first party games & adjacent. Lately I've been playing through Super Mario Odyssey, which I got decently far into back in the day before just kinda dropping it. I think a lot of this is bc the Switch is the first console I got as a tax-paying adult(TM) and my early 20's have been super hectic w/ not a lot of time for gaming (and when I did have time for gaming I preferred my 3DS.) So far I like Odyssey well enough, I think the controls are having a hard time clicking for me (I can never pull off the move where you dive after cappy to lengthen your jump for some reason - I think because it requires 2 buttons instead of 1) but good god the kids who grow up with Odyssey as their first real Mario game? I envy them - it has a lot of that Mario Magic I loved in games like Galaxy.

I keep telling myself to try out some of the virtual console titles like the Golden Sun games or the OG Paper Mario but so far I just can't get myself to really sit down and play them - I get like 30 seconds in and my ADHD forces me to tap out :/ far cry from the days where I ate up every JRPG I put my hands on...although I am gonna try and knock out Paper Mario before TTYD remake comes out. I stuck through chuggaaconroy's entire LP of the game not too long ago, sucks that it's kinda aged poorly due to Current Events but the game itself has a lot of charm and I'm excited to give it a go :)

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
I've recently been getting into the ace attorney games! I played through the first and am planning on starting through AA Justice For All once i find time for it. It made my brain hurt a little (I am dumb) but it was very fun and the characters were so so awesome i love them all.
Theres also this game called For The Frog The Bell Tolls i finished a bit more than a month ago. Its not super hard and pretty short but its a very charming little gameboy action RPG in my opinion! it only came out in Japan but there is an English patch for it and i would definitely recommend it! (also the soundtrack is good)
As of now I've been playing pokemon because i wanted to play through the 2d gens that I haven't completed at least once already and also because im currently in the middle of my annual pokemon fixation lol

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
ohhhh oh man i wonder what game i've been into. looks directly at my icon.

SO!!! this game came out last november, finally got to play it december...

In Stars and Time! You play as Siffrin, the lovable pun-making rogue character, who is stuck in a time loop! The reasons why are very unclear at the beginning of the game. You keep running into dead ends and figure your way out and Siffrin keeps dying and looping and trying to figure things out and they get more and more run ragged by the time loops, it's a fun time! The world is excellently written, the party, amazing, and siffrin is an excellent protagonist. i love him so much.

it is 20 bucks and worth every single cent!! i feel like the splatoon fans into the lore of splatoon might like this game, teehee~

SkyeTheDemon

Inkling
Pronouns
They/He
Switch Friend Code
SW-5356-4165-6029
I've been playing less Splat and more FFXIV (final fantasy xiv/14) which is square enix's MMO that had a horrendous launch but it is honestly such a fun game to play through (I'm almost up to the current expansion and have been playing for like almost 2 years after a few month break). I've been incredibly into OW2, Fortnite, and Valorant due to my surrounding friend group tho, i'd like to replay things like oneshot, musedash, and try out some wishlisted/unplayed games on my steam library^^,
Alongside wanna get back into dead by daylight.......
(also @ all the strivers in the thread what's ur fave character(s)? I'm a testament/may player! well formerly haven't played in a hot minute since the game on my PC doesn't run like it used to)

I think this post is just the "too many games not enough time in the day" for me because I'm also a full-time student who has a pt job (maybe possibly 2 pt jobs tho second one would be less extraneous)

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Persona 5 (PS4), picked it up the other day for a pretty cheap price. Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC) for the nostalgic feels!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Persona 5 (PS4), picked it up the other day for a pretty cheap price. Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC) for the nostalgic feels!
I was definetly looking at that half of sale with interest! But I don't need a 60+ hour game to add to my backlog of the 5 games I already want to play now, especially with so much other work going on 😭

Beckett.

Senior Squid
At the moment? Not much! I've been really hyperfocused on making art as of late and any and all free time that isn't Splatoon is... drawing... Splatoon... so I've been neglecting other games in exchange

That said, the two most recent games that managed to pry me away were Potionomics, which my brother bought for me (...entirely because it has cute girls you can romance in it), which I've been greatly enjoying, and then Rain World, which I got off of a recommendation from a friend, and has become one of my all time favorite games. Potionomics isn't a favorite, but it IS really good, but Rain World? Easily one of my top 5 games. Genuinely a masterpiece. Also, it's got funny little beasts and creatures in it, so that's a win!
yeah rain world is my second favorite game and ive only played it for like one and a half months

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom