• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I think blanket statements that you should never roll with the dynamo are bad. There are times when I've been inches away from a dynamo, shooting with a normal gun, where they could've just moved one inch after a flick and killed me, and instead they start a new long flick and then die. When I used it myself, people were often caught by surprise when I was ambushed and I just rolled over them after my first flick. It's like they just assume dynamos literally can't roll.
Dynamos can roll, it's just generally never used because they're too slow and use too much ink using that. I mean, in most scenarios it's better to flick at the opponent than to try to steamroll them slower than the speed of kid. I have been splatted by a Dynamo because the game lets them finish the flick when I clearly splat them before they finish.
Anyway, back to the thread!
I got sniped trying to stand just outside a snipers range multiple times. And more than once, I've wasted Inkstrikes trying to move snipers.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Dynamos can roll, it's just generally never used because they're too slow and use too much ink using that. I mean, in most scenarios it's better to flick at the opponent than to try to steamroll them slower than the speed of kid. I have been splatted by a Dynamo because the game lets them finish the flick when I clearly splat them before they finish.
Yeah, I've had the same happen with splat-rollers too. Their flick animation is still in the middle (roller raised above head) and they get splatted...then I died a few seconds later to the same roller.

I've been trying to learn the splatterscope, and I'm getting decent, but I still overestimate my range when facing other chargers. Especially the e-liter. That thing can hit from anywhere and I'm usually caught looking at them. Pretty noobish.

Zeldahero98

Inkling
NNID
RadioGaMer98
i'm a Charger user and i love when noobs use the rollers and they try to run over me but i quickly snipe them before they can even reach me and the funny thing is that they never learn their lessons xD

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
When people place the squid beacons at your spawn.

As if you couldn't already squid jump to your spawn...
I kinda didn't know that I could do that but it's a pretty neat feature instead of having to backtrack

I once played against some newbies on Flounder Heights. You know the alley on the very right side right after the spawn point? And the drop off? Okay. I think I was near the enemy one with a Dual Squelcher and threw a Splat Bomb up there since I knew they were up there. I got more than one splat and they had ample time to retreat XD

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
One time as a custom e liter me and my teammates pushed the rainmaker with only three points to take the lead. Just as that happened I built up my kraken so the first thing I think of is jumping to someone there and activate my kraken to take the lead. So I jump to somebody yelling "KRAKEN TORPEDOOOOOOO!" (I'M VOICE CHATTING WITH TEAMMATES) and when I activate my kraken I realize I jumped to someone who had just respawned on accident. Yeah....

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
One time as a custom e liter me and my teammates pushed the rainmaker with only three points to take the lead. Just as that happened I built up my kraken so the first thing I think of is jumping to someone there and activate my kraken to take the lead. So I jump to somebody yelling "KRAKEN TORPEDOOOOOOO!" (I'M VOICE CHATTING WITH TEAMMATES) and when I activate my kraken I realize I jumped to someone who had just respawned on accident. Yeah....
Oh wow XD I hate when I super jumping .-.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
When people place the squid beacons at your spawn.

As if you couldn't already squid jump to your spawn...
More often than not I forget what sub I'm using, so I use a quick sub at spawn to see what it is, then go on from there.

But back on topic, Trying to shoot at a super jumper only to find out they've kraken'd mid jump.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Oh dear XD

My cousin is playing Splatoon, and all I really want is an option for him to go through the beginning tutorials :\ Although, I always feel that way about newbies

Laniv

Inkling
One time in Rainmaker, one of the opponents actually took it towards their goal.

I almost felt bad.

Erin [SF*]

Inkling
NNID
AmberPearl
A girl of my team had the rainmaker and we were 5 away from the pedestal thingy?
Instead of going on it she went to fight the guys who just spawned.

We still won but we could've done a K.O.

Silverzapper

Inkling
NNID
Silverzapper
When I was using the inkbrush for the first time I thought it was a really terrible roller and I took about 30 seconds to paint what would have taken 5 with that weapon.

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
Thinking I can make a jump in Mahi-Mahi, only to fall in the water. And on Moray Towers, I like to catch E-Liter's off guard by using a Kelp Splatterscope (which just barely reaches the other side of the middle), and thinking if I move closer to the edge I can shoot further, only to fall in the abyss in the middle.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I was slaughtering people with the gold dynamo. Being used to the regular one, when I heard my special pling I immiditely clicked it, expecting an echolocator. Next thing I saw was me being splatted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom