• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I think three damage up mains gives you 99.9 damage on three hits. Not really worth it on the dual squelcher, IMO, but I guess that is what they were going for.

The three noobiest things that I keep seeing (and they might be inducing some rage) are:
1) Overextending into enemy territory when your team is being beaten in the mid. You're going to get splatted, all the turf you claimed will be easily reclaimed, and you basically let the other team take the mid. I hate you.

2) Placing beacons at spawn. :mad:

3) Superjumping. Just stop. If you see someone in a firefight you might think you're helping by jumping in, but you're just going to get splatted, leaving a bunch of enemy ink which will make it hard for your friend to continue to be mobile. Just stop doing it.
Would have to try that out.
I've seen 1 before. And 2. But when I might do it randomly because I forget my sub. And sometimes I watch my teammates on the map to see if I can super jump. I accidentally super jumped to someone who lost a firefight more than once, unfortunately. And I'm kinda like NONONONONONONONONO when I do :p Yesterday, I've had teammates jump to me when I'm clearly dying. I usually go RIP them and wait to respawn.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you see someone in a firefight you might think you're helping by jumping in, but you're just going to get splatted, leaving a bunch of enemy ink which will make it hard for your friend to continue to be mobile. Just stop doing it.
This is why I actually find Recon to be quite useful in this regard. If I need to be somewhere, I'll check to see if any squiddos I may jump to are in a firefight. If they are, I know to avoid them and jump to somebody else, thus saving me an unnecessary death.

Although I have encountered people who jump knowing that I'm waiting for them, and drop an Ink Mine just as they land, thinking it'll take me with them.

On Topic: So, I've found myself running headfirst into Inkzooka shots a lot lately... it's almost like they splat you a half-second before they actually hit you. At least, that's how it can be.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I've walked off the edge an uncountable amount, sometimes I've killed myself right after getting off spawn....yeaaah.
Same here, somehow I tend to have this habit more often as of late... it's really emarassing, especially when you're sniping and when while charging just walk one or two steps forward to get better aim... and then take a trip down into the abyss (or water)... There was this one time where I wanted to take somebody down on Saltspray from the upper level (of the spawn), shot at the guy below me, walked a bit and fell into the tiny space between the upper and lower walkways, right before their eyes... That was probably the most embarassing thing I have ever done in this game.
And while we're on the topic of chargers, I seem to have unlearned how to snipe, I hardly get anything done lately. Even the people that walk straight right into my crosshair I just can't take them down anymore :/
Or, my favourite: squid form on a grate. I have this game since its release and still do this sometimes. And don't mean the conscious variant to escape to a level below... I mean ******* variant that results in falling into water. Why.

PTpirahna

Inkling
NNID
derpy_r_u
Got into a 2v1 fight with a teammate against an enemy. The enemy was heavily damaged, but I thought he was a lightly damaged teammate, so I fired at my teammate and we both died from the enemy.

On the other side of the spectrum, someone super jumps to me, and an enemy roller comes over and camps the super jump spot, standing still and spamming flick.

And ignores me, who is very close by.

While I have an E-Liter.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When Mahi-Mahi was first released, the water level was about to drop and I witnessed one of my team mates jump straight into the water. I think she misjudged how low the water had actually gotten. It was actually kind of funny. x)

I'm still constantly falling on Mahi-Mahi. :confused: I'm not sure why but every time on that course, I fall through the grating at least once when I'm trying to move over to the other side before the water decreases. I guess it's just gut instinct to go squid and run away... Although that doesn't particularly work on the gratings. :P

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I'm pretty good now, (S rank) but once was a noob. When I first played Rainmaker I had no idea where to carry the RM to and I went to our own home base instead of the enemies. Then I learned that was the wrong direction. haha That may be the dumbest thing I ever did. I can manage the RM now though ;)

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
This irritates me every time I see it but pepole who Super Jump to teammates WHO CLEARLY AREN'T SAFE.

Now this one happened pretty recently. I was on Flounder Heights on the top of the enemy ramp to the top. I jump down to help my teammates and I land on top of a Seeker. It was hilarious. XD
I've seen this happen sooooo many times. I never super just at all really. Just lots of swim speed and make my way through

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Me not choosing good places for launching Inkstrikes
Also, I'm playing with a lot of new players so I've seen a lot of n00bish things. Like a Heavy Splatling firing at a wall and at least two Chargers always firing short shots. Always.

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I had a team in one match today, who literally kept super jumping deep into enemy territory, even though it was not safe. At one point, I literally had two people shooting on my position. Suddenly one of my teammates jumps to me, unfortunate, but manageable. But then another one's jump ring appeared. I managed to kill one of the enemies, the other killed me, and proceeded to kill my two teammates.

We managed to still win, but it was so annoying that they all kept super jumping with reckless abandon.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Probably my favorite noob mistake I've seen was in a game on Moray Towers. I was using my trusty Hero Charger, and a Tentatek on the other team decided to sit on the railing next to his team's sniping ledge, knowing I couldn't hit him there due to a lack of range, and he seabagged for about 45 seconds straight. Realizing he wasn't helping his team at all, I decided to focus on trying to take out other members of his team. About ten seconds later I see a regretful little squid fall off the other team's railing.

"He had it coming."

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Me not choosing good places for launching Inkstrikes
Also, I'm playing with a lot of new players so I've seen a lot of n00bish things. Like a Heavy Splatling firing at a wall and at least two Chargers always firing short shots. Always.
Sometimes I shoot walls to make paths for my allies or block a path of enemy ink :(

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I was chased around by a kraken in Mahi mahi Resort a few times. I was focusing on getting away from it rather than where I was going. I ended up falling into the water each time I was chased.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
EU Splatfest:

Two guys, Champions, level 30s sat at the base and shot repeatedly just in front of them just strafing every so often, thankfully against our own team

Someone tried to snipe with an Aerospray RG on museum

Someone rolled around in a circle repeatedly in Kelp

Someone on the other team level 34 was shooting at close walls and the ground. A tentatek too.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Not exactly on topic, but every time I fall into water I always Booyah during the drowning animation. I have no idea why, maybe for some sort of irony.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I used to do "Halo Hops" when people were shooting at me. It took me a while to realized you can get away much faster by swimming away. I still do it sometimes if I don't have a good escape path though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom