• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What really stupid/noob things have you seen, or have done?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Right, yesterday I was fooling around with the Carbon Roller, to try and get some use out of it.

The map was Moray Towers. On the opposing side, a guy with an E-Liter 3k. Typical, right?

Well, in my nighttime-induced drop in proper judgement, I overestimated my weapon's range and swung fruitlessly at the guy from the raised ramp under his spot (the place where all the snipers go). He just watched me swinging in vain for a little while before shooting me in the face.

I can just imagine the other guy's thoughts being like "Is this idiot for real?" Even right after I died, I was wondering to myself why I hadn't tossed a burst bomb at the guy instead.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Right, yesterday I was fooling around with the Carbon Roller, to try and get some use out of it.

The map was Moray Towers. On the opposing side, a guy with an E-Liter 3k. Typical, right?

Well, in my nighttime-induced drop in proper judgement, I overestimated my weapon's range and swung fruitlessly at the guy from the raised ramp under his spot (the place where all the snipers go). He just watched me swinging in vain for a little while before shooting me in the face.

I can just imagine the other guy's thoughts being like "Is this idiot for real?" Even right after I died, I was wondering to myself why I hadn't tossed a burst bomb at the guy instead.
I once saw an Octrobrush try to splat me in a similar fashion on Bluefin Depot (I was in the top floor on the left side of my base, standing on the grating floor overlooking the left path conecting both bases). I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he had never tried that before :confused:

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
I am guilty of walking straight into the line of sight of enemies that clearly outrange me.

It irritates me when people superjump to spawn.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

You know, yesterday I tried the Carbon Roller, too. Needless to say, Rollers aren't my thing.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I was playing Turf War yesterday while the JPs were in their fest
there were several level 3-15s in the room (level 44 rn)
However, some level 44 who was also in a room on the opposing team was squidkidding in the ink meanwhile we're in teams of possibly nooby squidmas squids
Other than that, the usual kid affair with most of the ones that were there

GleamEyes

Inkling
NNID
gleameyes23
There are times when I don't notice a charger's sights aimed at me until I've been splatted. Perhaps my tiny brain thinks it's Echolocator.

Also, I tend to fall into the water in Mahi-Mahi Resort every now and then. And I occasionally turn into squid mode while standing on a grate. Half of those times, it's Camp Triggerfish and I'm standing over water.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
There are times when I don't notice a charger's sights aimed at me until I've been splatted. Perhaps my tiny brain thinks it's Echolocator.
Story of my life. Sometimes I don't notice the laser pointed right at me until I'm splatted and staring at the charger through slits. And other times, it's just me thinking I can escape the charger's range.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Fallin into/off stuff.
*squints* Not sure if I should just edit my post or make a new one…. Let's make a new one!
I fall literally all the time. It's probably why 50% of my deaths happen. The other 50% is made up of lag and my noobiness.
Either Saturday or Friday(can't remember), I encountered someone who used their kraken on me. Instead of me being splatted as I fruitlessly tried to push them back with my N-Zap '89, the person just swam circles around me in Kraken form. I'm not sure if they intended to do that, but I have a feeling they simply didn't know how the Kraken worked.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I think the dumbest thing I've done was on Bluefin Depo. I was carrying the rainmaker up the long grate on the right and I saw someone coming torward me so I thought "I'll hide", it was a dumb thought anyway cause I had the rainmaker. So I turn into squid form and fall into the water. All I could think was "I hope nobody saw that".

lychee

Inkling
NNID
slickrick0368
when a map with lots of high ground (usually flounder heights) is in the rotation, off in the distance, you'll see me falling off as soon as i reach the top only to climb up and do it again. my poor teammates.

seen? surprisingly, in quite a few matches, when rollers panic, they just keep rolling instead of flinging. it's kinda funny. (i do it too)

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Don't know if this counts, but I scared about 2 or 3 people to their death in mahi mahi the other day. One splat bomb had them scatter, unfortunately to their watery demise.

ADuck

Inkling
NNID
GunDelSolEX
The past three days I've spent playing Splatoon since I finally own it now.
Stupid things I've done:
-Wait around a suction bomb thinking that it won't explode before I leave
-Miss almost every opportunity for an easy kill with a Charger or a Splatling Gun
-Attempt to make a jump using the Inkbrush when you could only make it as a squid
-Charge at a group of three people with guns while wielding an inkbrush
-Superjumping to a teammate that was dead by the time I got there
Stupid things I've seen:
-Accidentally walking off of the same edge in the same place once per every non-falling death in a match, for a total of ten deaths
-Approaching and firing at someone while using a Tri-Slosher and no Bubbler and expecting to succeed
-Approaching and firing at someone who has just activated their Bubbler, expecting it to do something when there's not even anywhere to fall off of
-Killing a group of three gunners with my Inkbrush by charging at them because they all missed and then ignored me
-Landing from a superjump to where a dead teammate was and an enemy roller and two squidkids with guns are waiting and somehow killing all three of them

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I think the first Noob thing i did was try to roll people over with the dynamo. this was like back in May or June when the game was just released. Crazy stuff man.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I think the first Noob thing i did was try to roll people over with the dynamo. this was like back in May or June when the game was just released. Crazy stuff man.
I think blanket statements that you should never roll with the dynamo are bad. There are times when I've been inches away from a dynamo, shooting with a normal gun, where they could've just moved one inch after a flick and killed me, and instead they start a new long flick and then die. When I used it myself, people were often caught by surprise when I was ambushed and I just rolled over them after my first flick. It's like they just assume dynamos literally can't roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom