• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What sensitivity do you play on?

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
+5 for me. But I did notice my niece has a newer wii u and when I played with a +5 with her system it was way too much. I kept it at +1.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
For me, +5 for rollers, brushes, and the less accurate shooters like aero or sploosh. +3 for more accurate shooters like splattershot, pro, splash, or the short chargers (squiffer, bamboozler.), 0 for splattershot/splatterscope, and either -3 or -5 for eliter.

0 IIRC. When I started, I thought it was a bit sluggish, so I turned it up to 5. After several matches of every little twitch causing my character's head to twist off its body, I toned it down. Playing on +5 is like having fits and starts the whole match.

Haven't tried -5 yet, but I might. I hear it helps out a lot with Chargers.
I've been playing eliter more recently with -3 instead of my usual -5 and have been doing pretty well with flick shots with it. I liked -5 for a held charge snipe, but I was encountering issues with having to do 180 spins when shooting through grates at a roller going by on maps like Dome and Bridge and when I have to turn tail and run. -3 seems like a fair enough compromise in maneuverability and steadiness of aim. Interesting to hear that's what DUDE uses as well, though I had no idea who that was until @Tim H. pointed it out. :D

+5 for me. But I did notice my niece has a newer wii u and when I played with a +5 with her system it was way too much. I kept it at +1.
Interesting. My Wii U is launch day, but I never considered that newer ones might use different gyro settings.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
Award I also got mine on launch day. The difference between mine and her systems sensitivity was huge.
Going from -5 to +5 on my system doesn't make a huge difference on my system but on hers it did. I could barely control it at plus 5. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing...

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Award I also got mine on launch day. The difference between mine and her systems sensitivity was huge.
Going from -5 to +5 on my system doesn't make a huge difference on my system but on hers it did. I could barely control it at plus 5. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing...
Huh, I had no idea there was a difference depending on the age! I have the Wind Waker special edition Wii U from 2013, so mine probably uses the older gyro.

Award

That's extremely interesting! That makes the "what sensitivity do you use" questions very uninformative for people! I wonder if that also explains some of the players that seem to have lightening reflexes with rollers and such, they're spinning faster because they CAN spin faster (though they couldn't aim for anything at that kind of sensitivity!)

Sketchtastrophe

Inkling
NNID
Sketchtastrophe
I play on +4 with gyro for every weapon. So odd to hear that many charges prefer it on a lower setting. As a Squiffer main I can't imagine trying to make shots with a clunky camera. Now I feel like I ought to try it when I get home though.

Award

I play on +4 with gyro for every weapon. So odd to hear that many charges prefer it on a lower setting. As a Squiffer main I can't imagine trying to make shots with a clunky camera. Now I feel like I ought to try it when I get home though.
I think the long chargers benefit more from lower sensitivity. Squiffer is the shortest charger and doesn't benefit from it so much. I'll generally use +3 or so for it. It makes it a little harder to overshoot like my +5 "psycho roller" setting. Same for Bambi. But both are passable on +5. IMO, Squiffer and Bambi, though they charge handle more like the shooters in terms of aim due to their similar distance, so I think of them more as accurate shooters than chargers in terms of accuracy.

The splat charger/splatterscope and especially the eliter (and doubly so for scoped) are the ones that really benefit from the lower sensitivity since the greater the distance, the greater the radial movement from the axis of rotation. Scopes benefit from lower sensitivity as well since the zoom factor can really cause the camera to bounce around and easily overshoot with even small hand motion.

Award

I can't play on high sensitivity, it's hard to control it to me. I play at like -3 sensitivity, that works for me.
I wonder if that's one of those new gyros. Is your WiiU new or an early model?

Inkimobator

Inkling
I'm A- rank and i use 5+ sensitivity for almost all weapons.
I use 2+ for the bamboozlers, 0 for the Squiffers, -2 for the Splat Chargers and -3,5 for the E-Liters.

Ambunny

Inkling
NNID
Ambunnie
I use the maximum +5 for all weapons. I have very steady hands (also an artist) so it isn't jerky or anything, and it helps with being less taxing on the wrists. As a (carbon) roller main, it's important to be able to do a quick 360 splat to surprise trade with someone who thinks they're sneaking up on me!

Award

Yeah +5 for carbon roller all the way. That said, I may have come to the conclusion that the settings are aren't reliable. I was playing sploosh and went up to +5 yesterday after I realized I was still on -3 for eliter, and suddenly it was so sensitive, I coudln't control it at all. Not the gyro so much, but the right stick! It seemed significantly more sensitive than usual for some reasons, and I play +5 a lot.... It would spin rapidly which was good, but I couldn't zero in on pointing exactly where I wanted to point. Not even for the broad area the sploosh can point.

It's possible the issue was me, but that stick just seemed way out of control. And I play carbon roller, one of my mains, on +5 only.... it makes me wonder about the people that can't control +5 - maybe +5 isn't always the same.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Seems this is an uncommon setting, but I personally use +2 sensitivity. I've found it fast enough for 90° turning and even 180°. Anything more seems too fast, anything less seems not fast enough so it's my personal happy middle ground.

Tyson TH

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
tyson_th
When I used to play with analog I started on -1 and progressively started increasing it until I got to +1 I believe. Now that I've switched to gyro controls I started out on -2 except on chargers which I've only recently started to use which I set -5, but only because I have insanely bad reflexes which is a no-no from what I've seen.
Right now, I'm using +1 for most weapons again while still confused on what to use for chargers.

Award

I was playing sploosh and accidentally left it on eliter mode (-3) and found i was performing better than I did the day before at +5 or +3. it's too slow to turn quite as fast as I want, but for some reason it feels like my right stick is on hyper mode on +5 all of a sudden. I know there was a miniature Wii U update the other day. I wonder if they changed any sensitivity values on the sticks, or the multiplier for adjustments?
Anyone else notice their right stick is more twitchy?

The gyros seem the same on the setting, but the stick seems a lot more excessively reactive at high sensitivity. I've always used +5 for sploosh, and suddenly it simply can not be controlled there. Any movement and I spin past my target and have to keep re-training it. Maybe i just got used to lower sensitivity with chargers, but I often toggle to carbon with high sensitivity.

I'm also thinking of reducing eliter again to -2 or -2.5. I'm finding for quick flick shots on -3, I'm shaking the camera too much on trigger release. On normal eliter that would be too slow for bursrt bombs, but since I've been playing Custom more often I don't think it would matter as much.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I've used +5 motion controls since I got my Wii U, (which was in November) and I mainly use the dual squelchers and splatterscopes. I also barely use the right stick, only when I need to look around when i'm using a roller. I always thought that a higher sensitivity would help with snapping shots and looking around.

Cephalopun

Inkster Jr.
I used to play on -1, but I've been gradually turning it up and currently feel pretty comfortable at +3.

I primarily play Roller and Slosher weapons, if that matters.

Award

I'll probably continue adapting my sensitivity, but I'm zeroing in a little more on stepping downward for a lot of thing, partially thanks to this thread, and mostly due to forgetting to change my sensitivity too often when I switch between eliter and anything else :p

Carbon is still +5 - most other shooters, including aerospray, sploosh, splatlings (excl. hydra) are +3. Blasters, splat charger, hydra, other highly accurate weapons 0, eliters -4. -3 was still allowing too much camera jerk on trigger release.

I do rely on the stick for broad horizontal rotation while motion controls are for pointing. I'd have to stand to actually look around me with motion controls. Waay too much flailing to look more than 10 degrees l/r with motion only!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom