• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapon type will you be main?

Mr.Man17

Full Squid
Shooter (I think)
Charger
Roller

Now we saw more weapons, what type will you use? Also, do you have a new favorite weapon from what was shown as well with sub weapons and super weapons?

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
Definitely one of the shooters, probably the one that worked well from a distance.

I really want to try out the paint brush with a strategy where you get a trail of your friendly squids behind you and then you can make a very nice push early game.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Roller looks most interesting at this point but I'll definitely try them all out and see which I like best.
or switch between them depending.

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
Hmm, I'll probably use the a long distance shooter or a roller :) I need to figure out a strategy with burst bombs or suction bombs :D

Mr.Man17

Full Squid
Roller and shooter for me. Mostly the paintbrush and the long range shooter type weapon (not the charger). I feel that weapon may be helpful for the tower mode.

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
Mr.Man, I agree. I think at least 3 members of the team should have a roller or shooter. Chargers don't cover enough ground for Turf Wars lol.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I'm kinda saddened that I dont see that many people looking forward to the Blaster. I personally find it super cool and am thinking about maining that until some better shotgun comes out down the pipeline. (Im best at close range with shooters and besides, who doesn't like 1 hit kills at a close enough range?)

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
all of them will be my mains since I can't decide :P

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
I'm kinda saddened that I dont see that many people looking forward to the Blaster. I personally find it super cool and am thinking about maining that until some better shotgun comes out down the pipeline. (Im best at close range with shooters and besides, who doesn't like 1 hit kills at a close enough range?)
I'm sorry, maybe I missed the blaster. Could explain that weapon to me?

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
The Blaster is kind of a unique weapon. It's KIND OF like a shotgun in that it seems to shoot a big blob in a short range that one shots on direct hit. It's a little bit more versatile in that the blob will explode at the end of its trajectory, allowing you to hit people behind corners.

You can see it in action from the footage from the Direct @ ~10:57

I like being up close so I think Shooters and Rollers for me mainly. Personally the Aerospray MG in the Shooter category has me intrigued the most since it looks like a closer ranged Shooter. Maybe like the MP5 of Splatoon?

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
The Blaster is kind of a unique weapon. It's KIND OF like a shotgun in that it seems to shoot a big blob in a short range that one shots on direct hit. It's a little bit more versatile in that the blob will explode at the end of its trajectory, allowing you to hit people behind corners.

You can see it in action from the footage from the Direct @ ~10:57

I like being up close so I think Shooters and Rollers for me mainly. Personally the Aerospray MG in the Shooter category has me intrigued the most since it looks like a closer ranged Shooter. Maybe like the MP5 of Splatoon?
Oh! @Citanul! That's a shooter and I think it's more like a grenade launcher than a shotgun.

Aura

Infiltrator
Aerospray MG baby!~ SMGs have always had a sort of promising air to them in almost every shooter. And this weapon is definitely of the same air. I can't wait to try this puppy out!

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Rollers for sure will be my primary of choice.

And this one that is like a shotgun/grenade launcher type...

Shotguns/knives are always my choice in shooters and these 2 feel like they fit that bill nicely.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Oh! @Citanul! That's a shooter and I think it's more like a grenade launcher than a shotgun.
Yeah, a grenade launcher comparison is apt except that the blobs don't linger and bounce around like a typical grenade launcher. I guess you could think of it like a grenade launcher with a very short fuse though. I'd still say the shotgun comparison is more accurate, given the effective range, but to me the Blaster is its own thing and still not REALLY a shotgun (but better due to some extra versatility).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom