• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapon type will you be main?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Already thread(s) on this but definitely the Roller(s)

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
Yeah, a grenade launcher comparison is apt except that the blobs don't linger and bounce around like a typical grenade launcher. I guess you could think of it like a grenade launcher with a very short fuse though. I'd still say the shotgun comparison is more accurate, given the effective range, but to me the Blaster is its own thing and still not REALLY a shotgun (but better due to some extra versatility).
Actually @Citanul, some grenade launchers detonate on impact my squid friend ;)

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Actually @Citanul, some grenade launchers detonate on impact my squid friend ;)
Yeah man, I've played TF2 demoman a ton so I know ;)

Just when people say grenade launcher I think of that version, where the grenades bounce around and linger awhile if they miss. I'm not even saying it's a bad comparison since the blob even arcs like one, I'm just making a case that it's closer to a shotgun since people were asking about one. We can agree to disagree here, I think no matter what it's closer to it'll be fun to use :D

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
I really won't know until I play the game but the charger looks the most interesting to me. Shooter is the only one that looks boring to me, but obviously that could change. For now I'm thinking charger.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
well i'll definitely have loadouts for each one, but i'll probably use shooter type weapons most. it's hard to compete with that versatility

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
It's a tossup between shooter and roller. Mostly because I just really want that inkbrush! Too bad it'll be quite a bit of a wait, though

Just A. Hunch

Inkster Jr.
Probably the roller since I am not good at aiming with anything other than a mouse. It's not like I'm great even then, but still...

Chikouu

Inkling
NNID
Chikouu
Roller for me, I always choose the melee weapon if I have a choice as I'm not all that good at ranged (will probably mostly going with the brush).Though I'm still going to be practicing with the shooter just in case I'm going to need it.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm going to go for the Charger. It's my preferred style of play.

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
The Splat Roller I thought was pretty great while playing the Testfire. I tried all the weapons, thought I would initially main the Splat Charger but by the third round didn't feel right. Tried all the weapons, and they're cool, but right now Splat Roller is the one for me. It just feels right.

Skyward

Inkling
NNID
Skyward9
After playing the Global Test Fire, I am pretty set on using the charger, which I think is funny because I hardly ever play ranged classes in games as I am a terrible marksman.
It has a situational but effective method of covering the map, reduced emphasis on highly accurate aiming, and is probably the class that takes advantage of the features of the map the most. It is easily the most fun weapon for me.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
Anything with the bubble.

I really want to try the paintbrush and the .52 gallon. Right now my preference is the Splattershot Jr. Had so much fun with it.

Dalmane

Inkling
NNID
Dalmane
I'm going to main the Shooter class, more specifically, the Splattershot Jr. I loved using it's special to give allied Rollers a shield so they run over everything and don't die from long ranged weapons. I pretty much did cleanup duty by killing everyone I came into contact with, letting my teammates safely spread Ink everywhere.

Greeny

Inkling
NNID
SpeedDeoxys
I used the Splattershot the most during the demo just because it's really easy to use.
I couldn't get anyone with the charger and while the roller is also a fun weapon to use, 50% of the time, my team will have 2 rollers anyway.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I plan to learn the charger eventually, but I really want to like the paintbrush when I get my hands on it.

Guineapig126

Inkling
NNID
Guineapig126
Since my playstyle in shooters usually ends up being "let me rush you down and kill you right quick k youre dead" I'm definitely going to main the Splattershot Jr. weapons.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
I plan to learn the charger eventually, but I really want to like the paintbrush when I get my hands on it.
Same here. Didn't like how the roller felt at all as it was way too slow and left you vulnerable more often than not. The brush seems like it'll be much faster at the cost of sheer ground coverage, which still doesn't look too poor!

Jr was loads of fun, but my weapon of choice will definitely be the charger for most games. Its performance is reliant on your team being able to support you, but once we have access to better chargers I can see it dominating from a safe distance.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Shooters all the way. Very versatile, and a wide variety of weapons to choose from.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I'm going to be using the Splat Charger and the Jet Squelcher, long range is my game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom