• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapon type will you be main?

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Shooters, most def.
Chargers maybe for deathmatches.
Did not like Roller.

Binks

Inkling
NNID
binkssake
most likely will start with chargers but if i fail horribly at them i'll go with splatter shot jr

Crome

Inkling
NNID
sboles66
I really liked the Splatter Shot Jr during the demo, however I don't have experience with all the weapon times yet.

Mom

Inkling
NNID
NachoCrunk
I'm going to try the Splat charger more often once the game releases. I like playing long distance and the charger will be a great addition to support my team.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
It'll take some study and practice I think, but I think the charger is the most interesting.

Lefty

Nice la~
Definitely using charger, sniping is too much fun to pass up

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Definitely using charger, sniping is too much fun to pass up
True, but I'm personally more interested in the potential to redirect the flow of movement from afar. It seems like a couple of well-placed streaks forcing an enemy to either pop up to cover it, jump over it or change direction a bit could lead to some interesting setups.

luigisly

Full Squid
I'd really like to try the other charger, looks really useful on some maps. Definitely like the splattershot jr. though. Also depends on how well the subs and specials pair with the mains.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
I want to use rollers but against longer range shooters like jet squelcher, there's not much room for outplaying them. Perhaps the speed of the inkbrush would help close the gap but we'll see.

yaminokaabii

Inkling
NNID
YamiNoKaabii
I loved using the Roller during the beta but I've become more interested in the Splattershot Jr. (I hardly ever use the super weapon so it was underwhelming when I tried it.... If only I'd known!) The paintbrush is super interesting, but so is the grenade shotgun mentioned on the first page. So I'll probably be sticking with Shooters and Rollers at first, but I'll definitely want to brush up on practicing the Charger, 'cause it seems like that might be the rarest class (less "casual") and as such, probably an advantage to using it.

Aaargh, at this point I really can't decide.

Lefty

Nice la~
True, but I'm personally more interested in the potential to redirect the flow of movement from afar. It seems like a couple of well-placed streaks forcing an enemy to either pop up to cover it, jump over it or change direction a bit could lead to some interesting setups.
Yeah I see what you mean, the amount of ink that's released in a single shot is rather impressive. I feel like OCD will kick in and people would want to clean that streak of ink that makes their area out of place, only to be baited to their death. What kind of sub weapon do you plan on using mainly with chargers?

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Yeah I see what you mean, the amount of ink that's released in a single shot is rather impressive. I feel like OCD will kick in and people would want to clean that streak of ink that makes their area out of place, only to be baited to their death. What kind of sub weapon do you plan on using mainly with chargers?
Just speculative at the moment, but I'm thinking either those proximity mines to set up more effective traps or the radar so my team can ambush more effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom