• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons do you think fell off from 2-3?

Grekly

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
So from Splatoon 1 to 2 there was a ton of weapons that fell off due to big nerfs like range blaster, mini splatling, H3 nozzlenose, and Dynamo roller for example some of these weapons are doing OK now but these absolutely dropped in back when Splatoon 2 first released.

So now with Splatoon 3 I was thinking what weapons fell off from Splatoon 2 to 3? Granted I don't think any top tier got a big nerf to absolute F tier but I think there are some weapons due to a change of kit or simply how the game is played kind of dropped in how good they are.

One weapon that I think fits this topic is the Jet Squelchers both vanilla and custom, for one the change of kits the devs knew that Jet play style was for a lack of a better word ****! Mainly due to the specials Jet got it encouraged a play style that focused more on spamming specials it was not fun so when splatoon 3 came around the unfun spammy specials that can displace the entire enemy team to something different not bad but certainly a far cry from what Jet once had.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
It's hard to say because nintendo didn't nerf any main weapon into the ground for splatoon 3, so there's not that many weapons that fell off as hard as dynamo or range did in 2, we mostly just have kits to go off of. Heck, I have no idea if they even changed any mains in between 2 and 3, they probably changed some stuff but the only example I know of is tent getting a bigger shield, so idk

I think at launch it was probably bamboo, since main power up was gone (with MPU bamboo could deal 99.9 damage in 2, which is just as dumb as it sounds lol), its kit wasn't that great yet and it still had its nerfed ink efficiency from 2. At least now it's really good

Also shoutout to the brellas for being bugged at launch, and having very weak kits. All of them went from mid to high tiers to the bottom of tier lists :(

Nowadays though? No clue, since the balance is way better than at launch.
Maybe mini splatling since its kits are weaker? But even then, it's still solid

Grekly

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
It's hard to say because nintendo didn't nerf any main weapon into the ground for splatoon 3, so there's not that many weapons that fell off as hard as dynamo or range did in 2, we mostly just have kits to go off of. Heck, I have no idea if they even changed any mains in between 2 and 3, they probably changed some stuff but the only example I know of is tent getting a bigger shield, so idk

I think at launch it was probably bamboo, since main power up was gone (with MPU bamboo could deal 99.9 damage in 2, which is just as dumb as it sounds lol), its kit wasn't that great yet and it still had its nerfed ink efficiency from 2. At least now it's really good

Also shoutout to the brellas for being bugged at launch, and having very weak kits. All of them went from mid to high tiers to the bottom of tier lists :(

Nowadays though? No clue, since the balance is way better than at launch.
Maybe mini splatling since its kits are weaker? But even then, it's still solid
Maybe fell off was too strong with what I'm trying to say I know that there is no weapon that dropped down to F tier or is incredibly weak I was thinking more of weapons that were once incredibly popular in splatoon 2 only to not really be played much anymore.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
H-3 fell off the most by a good margin. The D kit used to be a high tier at the end of Splatoon 2, and now it’s stuck at the bottom.
Not only did H-3 lose its Main Power Up, it also lost its Suction Bomb and Ink Armor, both of which helped it massively.
I hope to see the weapon make a comeback in the future, since it’s easily the healthiest shooter in the game. The Tacticooler kit, by the way, not the D kit. That thing is nauseating.

Umbreonfan

Senior Squid
Brellas. I have no idea what Nintendo did to make them not function but it's sad. For specials what the heck happened to ultra stamp?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Brellas. I have no idea what Nintendo did to make them not function but it's sad. For specials what the heck happened to ultra stamp?
The average power level of specials in Splatoon 2 was lower. Ultra Stamp’s defensive weakness wasn’t as big of a deal in S2, though the special certainly wasn’t meta in that game either.

Doodlebob

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2543-4511-3432
Dynamo fell off REALLY hard. The kit was odd to get used to for the original one because it's not meant for sidelines??? Only with the Gold Dynamo did they even give it ANY redemption at all. I wish they'd bring back Kensa Dynamo, that was fire.

Nicky77

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
Nicky
In 2-3, the arsenal of weaponry that fell off might include standard firearms like pistols or rifles, possibly outdated due to advancements in technology or strategy. Additionally, melee weapons such as knives or axes might have diminished in utility against more sophisticated adversaries. However, it's essential to consider context; specific weapons could still hold significance depending on the setting, storyline, or character preferences.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
N-Zap 89 easily and that's solely because of its Special in Splatoon 3! Super Chump?! Seriously?! It could've had any other Special or kept Tenta Missles from Splatoon 2 but NOPE! It has a terrible Special! ARGH! I hope the N-Zap 83 makes it in soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom