what would be some funny buffs to give to things

Regale__

Inkster Jr.
Like yknow the wave breaker buff where it's like a short point sensor effect? More things like that. I think it would be cool if the explosions of the tri-stringer's arrows gave a similar effect to Thermal Ink

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
I think it would be cool if the explosions of the tri-stringer's arrows gave a similar effect to Thermal Ink
i mean on that note i just think all indirect damage should count towards thermal ink. the fact that one-shot blasters are literally unable to get value out of thermal ink when they're one of the main weapon types that would most benefit from it in theory is so dumb i can't believe that that's how it works in splatoon

Regale__

Inkster Jr.
i mean on that note i just think all indirect damage should count towards thermal ink. the fact that one-shot blasters are literally unable to get value out of thermal ink when they're one of the main weapon types that would most benefit from it in theory is so dumb i can't believe that that's how it works in splatoon
Agreed, but I more mean that the exploding arrows get thermal ink even if your not running it

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Give Point Sensor and Toxic Mist the ability to hit directs. I think adding a skillshot would just be the most fun way to buff these subs.

For Point Sensor, you could just have the effect last longer. TBH maybe the concept of directs is a bit antisynergistic since that means you already know the location of the player you're hitting, but eh, it's the only buff I can think of and maybe Sensors don't actually need something super huge anyway, just a tiny something.

For Toxic Mist, I almost want to say a direct turns it into Disruptor, but I'm not actually sure it's a good idea to bring that back even on a direct. Maybe you could have it drain some of their ink tank instead?

SecretAgentNeo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5212-5729-3703
Give Heavy Edit similar shot velocity to Naut, and consistent-ranged partials. Some greater fighting capability for this interesting support weapon so that it can stand up to other Tacticooler options.

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
What if when the inkjet breaks at the end of its duration, there’s an explosion that a little bigger than a splatbomb? (It wouldn’t kill the user). I can just imagine some of the hilarious clips of running up to people before it explodes lmao

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Make the Glooga Dualies's roll travel like two or three times as far. Rolling just feels like a means to get into its better firing mode here as opposed to a genuine movement option and I think giving the "heavy dualie" a slower, but longer-distance roll is fitting rather than giving it just a slower one in an attempt to nerf it. You'd probably also want to give it a little bit more downtime before it can shoot out of a roll just so it's not used as a panic option that completely destroys shorter-range weapons planning to rush it down.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Make the Glooga Dualies's roll travel like two or three times as far. Rolling just feels like a means to get into its better firing mode here as opposed to a genuine movement option and I think giving the "heavy dualie" a slower, but longer-distance roll is fitting rather than giving it just a slower one in an attempt to nerf it.
i think that's a little, much. would rather that be its own dualie, youd throw off every existing glooga player and it would suck to handle, would have to be very far from where youd actually like to end up after a roll to set up properly.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
i think that's a little, much. would rather that be its own dualie, youd throw off every existing glooga player and it would suck to handle, would have to be very far from where youd actually like to end up after a roll to set up properly.
Understandable point actually, game feel's important and I know Glooga has a lot of fans out there despite it not being great.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Understandable point actually, game feel's important and I know Glooga has a lot of fans out there despite it not being great.
as one such glooga fan i don't even think "not being great" is even really accurate anymore, it's a pretty solid main weapon now and i don't think it really needs more buffs. it's like, basically a .96 gal with better accuracy and mobility, if you play it well

SolarSpinner

Inkster Jr.
NNID
precious116373
Switch Friend Code
SW-3520-1828-4413
Give Point Sensor and Toxic Mist the ability to hit directs. I think adding a skillshot would just be the most fun way to buff these subs.

For Point Sensor, you could just have the effect last longer. TBH maybe the concept of directs is a bit antisynergistic since that means you already know the location of the player you're hitting, but eh, it's the only buff I can think of and maybe Sensors don't actually need something super huge anyway, just a tiny something.

For Toxic Mist, I almost want to say a direct turns it into Disruptor, but I'm not actually sure it's a good idea to bring that back even on a direct. Maybe you could have it drain some of their ink tank instead?
Sensor alr technically has extra duration as if you walk into the field effect of sensor the effect lasts a shorter amount of time based on how long sensor has been there, it's kinda stupid but also accidentally bumping the last frames of sensor and being tracked for 5 years would feel kinda ****ty 💀

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Don’t cancel Ink Vac’s suction when it gets filled. Instead, have the vacuum explode on the spot if it’s filled beyond capacity, with the same end lag as current Reefslider. While meant to be fun, I also think it’s a better way to handle the special’s counterplay.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
What if Bamboozler was like dreadwringer and shot two shots one goes straight and the other has rng
That's... not how dread works
They both go the direction you are aiming. If your aim is moving, they will go different directions. And you can already do this with bamboo by just doing a tap shot after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom