• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would you like to see in the next big update

What would you like in the next big update

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Spectator and replay features. Match history (even if it's web-based - in fact that would be better).

Increase chance of Spyke finding exactly what you ordered.

Fix Inkzooka (adjust hitbox so grazing the top doesn't stop it completely, and either add windup/charge time or make the tornado travel slower)

Fix OOB collisions (Hammerhead, Camp, etc.)

All the things in the poll I either don't care about or specifically do not want.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I'm hoping they add more music. I'm always listening to splatoon music.
other than that I'm not sure what I want to see that's new.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
That list has too many amazing things on it to choose one easily.

If I had to pick one, it would be...I don't know!

I do want playable Octolings, and playable Callie and Marie, while odd, would be a lot of fun.

More single player activities would be nice, maybe completing them would unlock Callie and Marie, or octolings.

Choosing any map in any game type would be great, even if I am OK with the rotation design.

New Weapon types would be interesting, but Splatoon isn't hurting for variety in that regard.

Even more maps wouldn't hurt. However, I want a third map added to each rotation. I haven't played on a few maps in a while, I keep missing them I guess.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Honestly it is a bit too soon for new weapon types. We still only have 2 variants of our 2 new weapon classes right now a not even their alternates. Until that number reaches like 4 unique weapons with alternate versions. If we have a big update new gear is to be expected like last time.

Octolings, would be neat but personally I don't care too much about it. Highly doubt we will actually be able to play as Callie and Marie since they're actual singular characters, their costume perhaps but they themselves highly unlikely.

As I said before, I do want more free single player stuff, whether it is related to Octolings or not is irrelevant. As for the Amiibo side, it would make sense, they could add Slosher and Splatling challenges which I'd love to do (If I could ever get my hands on those Amiibo).

Gonna go with no to the 1v1 Death Match since that is very uncharacteristic of Splatoon's style. Same reason we'll probably never see an official Death Match mode in general. At this point voice chat in this game is pretty trivial and if one must, just use Skype of something.

Would love to see more maps and I almost expect more to come. Gonna still say no the map selection, since this games works with random queue the stage selection should be as unbiased as it can be. While the limited maps may feel like a drag if does let you adapt to whatever is in rotation at the time instead of forcing you to adapt on the fly if all maps were up for grabs.

Apartment room, unless they can find an actual purpose for it, it will just be trivial. Don't really want regional servers, going against the world and all. Night and day Inkopolis just seems a bit trivial.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
The poll has just been updated
I've added more options to the poll based on what people wanted in the comments eg) music, spectator mode. You are also now able to chose up to three options instead of one

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Adding Octolings would not be a bad thing but its basically re skinning an inkling. I like fluff but give me some crunch like new maps, gear, and weapons. I would also like to see the time between stage and rank type shorten.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Adding Octolings would not be a bad thing but its basically re skinning an inkling. I like fluff but give me some crunch like new maps, gear, and weapons. I would also like to see the time between stage and rank type shorten.
Intresting

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
I wouldn't mind having some more music around the place, Splatoon's soundtrack is pretty rad.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Playable Octolings!
More gear with new styles (some more dressy gear, uniforms, and cold weather clothing).
More music.
More maps.
More weapons variations/types.
Another rank battle mode (maybe splat based?)

Oh, and crossover gear and maps with other Nintendo games!

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I would like the ability to choose Octlings, but would also like the option to switch back and forth between Octoling and inkling so I'm not stuck on just one type (the gender can remain the same based on what you picked from the start). Also more music variety would be appreciated; especially for splatfest since Its literally the same song for every turf war. Like a nighttime theme for every stage that sounds similar but more rave like. I won't ask for new maps yet til I get used to the current ones.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
1) Why not allow us to choose as many options as we want? There's no real reason to put a limit.

2) Since the question asks ONLY what we WANT, not anything within reason ( :P ), I'd personally love pants and new hairstyles (although the latter is not really likely).

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
1) Playable Octolings. It's probbly going to happen sooner or later.
2) Octoling Single-Player Campaign, because I enjoyed Octo Valley and want to see what else Nintendo could do with the ideas put forth there.
3) Spectator Mode. Maybe only for Private Battles or Squad Battles, but some form of Spectator Mode would be nice.
4) More music for Splatfests. I'd like some variety here.
5) More alternate-loadout versions of weapons. Stuff like a Custom Splattershot or a SquidForce Dynamo Roller or a Custom Squiffer, all with new loadouts for those weapon types (and for more than just those three weapons, of course).
6) Three stages playable at a time. I'm okay with two stages on each rotation, but I'd be okayer with three.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
1) Why not allow us to choose as many options as we want? There's no real reason to put a limit.
If you're talking stage selection, actually there kind of is a reason to limit, since the matching in this game is based on a random queue system and not a lobby system, the game has to dictate the rules in order for it to be fair and impartial. That's why we have Private Battle with completely customization options since that is a lobby system.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I would like the ability to choose Octlings, but would also like the option to switch back and forth between Octoling and inkling so I'm not stuck on just one type (the gender can remain the same based on what you picked from the start). Also more music variety would be appreciated; especially for splatfest since Its literally the same song for every turf war. Like a nighttime theme for every stage that sounds similar but more rave like. I won't ask for new maps yet til I get used to the current ones.
You can change genders in the options anyway so you would be able to change back on forth

2) Since the question asks ONLY what we WANT, not anything within reason ( :p ), I'd personally love pants and new hairstyles (although the latter is not really likely).
I let people choose three because I wanted to see which ones were the most popular and the ones you wanted the MOST anyways octolings would have new hairstyles but pants ye I agree

If you're talking stage selection, actually there kind of is a reason to limit, since the matching in this game is based on a random queue system and not a lobby system, the game has to dictate the rules in order for it to be fair and impartial. That's why we have Private Battle with completely customization options since that is a lobby system.
No they're talking about why I put a limit of 3 on the poll and not unlimited

Last edited by a moderator:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I forgot a couple of things.

1. Regional Servers (The Japanese are extremely aggressive and lag to many players, give us an option to just play with people from our own country)
2. More Music (I love the music in this game and having more would be great. Hideki Naganuma has shown interest in Splatoon and wouldn't it be great to get him on board?)
3. More Splatfest Music (Having a grand total of one song for 24 hours is not smart not matter how catchy it is.)
4. More than two stages in rotation. (I don't need to explain this one)

Last edited:

Revolution5268

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Revolution_5268
Well one thing I would love is have a more stable connection with other players. Mario Kart 8 have an similar issue at launch like Splatoon is having if one player gets disconnected everyone does. I want that fix be Splatoon 3.0.0.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well one thing I would love is have a more stable connection with other players. Mario Kart 8 have an similar issue at launch like Splatoon is having if one player gets disconnected everyone does. I want that fix be Splatoon 3.0.0.
Well to be fair connection isn't 100% server sided and is very much dependent on the individuals you are connecting with. They can't exactly completely fix it without fixing everybody's internet.

Usually when a room completely collapse the host of the match probably got disconnected or the whole thing just became unstable. Plenty of times a disconnection won't break a match.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
hmmm... i know this sounds weird but it will likely not happen..
maybe a new campaign in the octolings perspective?
as i said, i highly doubt it will happen XD

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
No they're talking about why I put a limit of 3 on the poll and not unlimited

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom