What's been the most difficult for you so far?

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Returning from Sploon 1 or not, title and why do you think its happening? Little bonus question. Are you happy with how things are currently or are you looking for that last bit to solidify the game for you?

Dr Scoobie

Inkling
Honestly I'm still adapting to the new Aero MG. The set really has changed the weapons play style completely.

Previously it had the seekers for mobility and the Inkzooka to give it some form of removal. The MG was geared more towards stealth kills, special kills and mobility. The curling rush and suction bomb seem to be geared mored towards zoning than anything. It's essentially the Aero RG done right.

The upside is that I'm finding ways to integrate my old playstyle with the new sets zoning capabilities. Using the curling rush not only for zoning but also for repositioning myself in some interesting places. Sometimes even behind the enemy.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
The new Carbon Roller.

Burst Bombs are gone, some extra mobility is lost, as well as a extra quick form of attack to combo with the swing of of the roller. This roller is quick, but weak- burst bombs helped to balance out that weakness.

And yes I know the vertical swing makes up for the lost burst bomb mobility, maybe even outdoes sit in some terms...but I still miss it anyway.

Also adjusting to using to using horizontal swings while in the air with Dynamo Roller- yes, its possible. Do it the same way as you would do in Splatoon 1. The timing however feels slightly different for it in this game...so sometimes I vertical swing instead of horizontal swing in the air by mistake. Costed me a few splats, I feel.

I think overall, getting used to the new roller mechanics is my biggest tough adjustment. But I'm making strides slowly.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
I feel you guys, as I play the game, I notice more and more how much faster the splattershot kills, from the previous 4 hits to 3 hits, and in game feels like 2 hits, sometimes a 1 hit if i step in ink for a milisecond. And that's just been difficult for me to grasp.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Getting used to aiming. Somehow aiming on the Switch is much less sensitive, i have to slide it all the way to 4+ to feel like i have smooth aim. Been missing a lot of shots with chargers, too.

Belial

Full Squid
I decided to pick up splat dualies and still feel like I'm getting used to the dodge roll. I used to play aero, but now it's so common and feels less useful. I only use aero sometimes in turf. Although for me a big problem is rally just telling how many times I've been hit. Sometimes I notice one his from a multi-hit gun and I'm dead. The heck?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Not really a gameplay thing, but absolutely trying to get ability tokens. They're ridiculously grindy and unfun. Better than the first game, but still a bad system in my opinion.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
The new roller mechanics are defiantly something that I had to get used to, but I feel as though I've adjusted pretty well.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The new roller mechanics, by far. I just can NOT get into it. I've had infinitely better success on the Octobrush than I have had on the Splat Roller, Dynamo Roller, Carbon Roller, OR Flingza Roller. I just can't make them work. They feel so wrong, they feel so inconsistent, they just are not fun for me to play at all. So I just dropped the rollers this time around. They feel like much more of a hassle to use in the previous game, aren't as reliable, and I could just do everything better with a weapon I've always enjoyed since the first game, the Octobrush.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
The new roller mechanics, by far. I just can NOT get into it. I've had infinitely better success on the Octobrush than I have had on the Splat Roller, Dynamo Roller, Carbon Roller, OR Flingza Roller. I just can't make them work. They feel so wrong, they feel so inconsistent, they just are not fun for me to play at all. So I just dropped the rollers this time around. They feel like much more of a hassle to use in the previous game, aren't as reliable, and I could just do everything better with a weapon I've always enjoyed since the first game, the Octobrush.
As a Carbon main, it took me a bit to get used to, but try splatting using the vertical flick instead of the regular. Your hit box is thinner, thus more ink and more of the roller hit your opponent.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I feel you guys, as I play the game, I notice more and more how much faster the splattershot kills, from the previous 4 hits to 3 hits, and in game feels like 2 hits, sometimes a 1 hit if i step in ink for a milisecond. And that's just been difficult for me to grasp.
It's always been three hits technically, but with the game's low tick rate and wonky hit registration it never seems like that does it?

the

Inkling Commander
Most difficult for me has probably been using chargers. I had a really good streak using them for my first week or so, but then I started using splatling (which I'm getting pretty good with I think!) and I feel like I *completely forgot* how to snipe. That or I'm getting placed with more skilled players who are better at avoiding snipers.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Most difficult for me has probably been using chargers. I had a really good streak using them for my first week or so, but then I started using splatling (which I'm getting pretty good with I think!) and I feel like I *completely forgot* how to snipe. That or I'm getting placed with more skilled players who are better at avoiding snipers.
I used the Kelp Splat Charger a lot in Splatoon 1, and I gotta say I was decent. But I just enjoyed using the Heavy Splatling so much more, and the same could be said for this game. Especially because how meta Ink Armor is right now. and the maps just feel very friendly towards Splatlings, at least to me.

Reactions: the

Llama Tosh

Inkling
My biggest irritation with the charger coming from Splatoon 1 to 2, is the how you cant get a kill with a 3/4 charge. Now this may be cause of the lack of strength ability (which also improved range btw).
But when the 4k does a full charge, the Target takes a 180 hit, if you do a 3/4 charge it hits around 75.9....
When the enemies are closing in, you need to take some shots up close... and I cant be waiting 5 seconds.
I know 4k isn't meant for close range, but I used the 3k as a border line melee weapon sometimes.

I hope they update it to improve the charge time or at least allow some below full charge kills. Or bring back Strength ability.
Either way I shall use the regular chargers for now XD

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I know 4k isn't meant for close range, but I used the 3k as a border line melee weapon sometimes.
If the enemy managed to dodge your shots and gets into close range, they deserve to splat you. The weapon with the longest range in the game should've never been viable as a melee weapon.
I hope they update it to improve the charge time or at least allow some below full charge kills. Or bring back Strength ability.
The whole point of removing Damage Up was because how horrible it made the Splatoon 1 meta game. Chargers were using their weapons point blank and being rewarded for it, chargers weren't doing the one thing they're supposed to do, CHARGE their weapons. Honestly, good riddance to damage up and incomplete charge splats. Made Splatoon 1 extremely unfun.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Dealing with communication errors.
It's happening because life sucks.
The end.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Getting used to the Flingza Roller's vertical flick. Not only did I never use the Dynamo Roller in the original game, the Flingza's flick is even weaker - often resulting in a 3HKO with an extremely long ttk. (Thankfully the horizontal flick is far better for defending yourself.)

Also not gameplay related, but waiting for alternative kits is agonising when some of my favourite weapons had their vanilla kits butchered.

Miyako

Retro Squid
NNID
Cborne
Switch Friend Code
SW-3362-3097-1624
If the enemy managed to dodge your shots and gets into close range, they deserve to splat you. The weapon with the longest range in the game should've never been viable as a melee weapon.

The whole point of removing Damage Up was because how horrible it made the Splatoon 1 meta game. Chargers were using their weapons point blank and being rewarded for it, chargers weren't doing the one thing they're supposed to do, CHARGE their weapons. Honestly, good riddance to damage up and incomplete charge splats. Made Splatoon 1 extremely unfun.
This exactly. I never really used chargers much myself, but honestly the whole point of the charge time is that it has to complete to make your weapon effective. It dominated 1 to the point where it was a necessity on a team, now it's just another option. I think that this change encourages weapon diversity, since it is still good in the right hands, it's just different. I've seen plenty of players do very well in higher ranks with it, it's not impossible. It just takes a different playstyle and skillset than before. The most long range weapon class in the game shouldn't be able to run around killing people on a partial charge, that would make the longer range shooters kind of pointless since it wouldn't be that much longer ttk, it one shots, and the range is much longer than others.

It's not AS good, but it never should have been as good as it was.

To be on topic though, I also agree that ability grinding is still a bit obnoxious, but at least I'm guaranteed to get what I want after I've spent 1000 hours getting chunks or whatever.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
I didn't play the first game due to lack of hardware and it's incredibly rare that I find myself interested in shooters to begin with so adapting to this type of game in general is tough for me! Even simple things like remembering that strafing is a thing elude me all too often (you don't strafe in RPGs! You pray to the Random Number Gods and hope your Agility is high enough!)
But hey, even I managed to get through single player (Lv 19 can still die in a fire though) and even rank up in Tower Control! I'll catch up to you all someday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom