• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's with Nintendo's quality control lately?

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I buy Nintendo systems to play Nintendo games. Sure there are a lot of good 3rd party titles out there but thats what they make PC`s for.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nintendo_exclusives_fail_to_crack_the_top_ten

Well, there you have it. Don't make games like the ones mentioned and you would get more sales. I hope Nintendo has a good holiday season but it looks like the best success they have recently is the Smash/Splatoon bundle. Next time Ninty, don't make games nobody wants like amiibo Festival and don't have Camelot make a barebones Mario Tennis game.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nintendo_exclusives_fail_to_crack_the_top_ten

Well, there you have it. Don't make games like the ones mentioned and you would get more sales. I hope Nintendo has a good holiday season but it looks like the best success they have recently is the Smash/Splatoon bundle. Next time Ninty, don't make games nobody wants like amiibo Festival and don't have Camelot make a barebones Mario Tennis game.
And the Amiibo........

The fact that a JUST DANCE game actually sold better than a Nintendo game, this goes to show you how depressing this whole thing is.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
And the Amiibo........

The fact that a JUST DANCE game actually sold better than a Nintendo game, this goes to show you how depressing this whole thing is.
That's sad... that normally doesn't happen. That is really depressing. Nintendo, get your head back into check!

I'm hoping 2016 is better, seriously. I would like the Wii U to end with a bang next year with all of those NX rumors flying around. But with Star Fox, Pikmin 4, Pokken, and more on the way, I think the Wii U will be fine. I hope the NX will be much better than the Wii U.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
That's sad... that normally doesn't happen. That is really depressing. Nintendo, get your head back into check!

I'm hoping 2016 is better, seriously. I would like the Wii U to end with a bang next year with all of those NX rumors flying around. But with Star Fox, Pikmin 4, Pokken, and more on the way, I think the Wii U will be fine. I hope the NX will be much better than the Wii U.
They need to do better next year. If they keep giving us these kinds of games again, then they'll lose tons of money. Already I've been seeing people not even bothering to pay some of their current titles due to how horrible they ended up being. After TFH, I've already wised up and I'm gonna be spending my money on games that are actually worth the purchase. I'm not a stooge, Nintendo.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
They need to do better next year. If they keep giving us these kinds of games again, then they'll lose tons of money. Already I've been seeing people not even bothering to pay some of their current titles due to how horrible they ended up being. After TFH, I've already wised up and I'm gonna be spending my money on games that are actually worth the purchase. I'm not a stooge, Nintendo.
I will end 2015 with only Yokai Watch for the 3DS and Xenoblade for the Wii U being the last games I bought for both systems. It's sad that the only other Wii U games I want are Pikmin 3 and Nintendo Land and I'm starting to have to dig into the Wii U's small library just to find games I want to purchase. I normally don't do that with Nintendo systems. I'm not Nintendo's buddy either. I don't buy anything they put out even on a game starved console like the Wii U. I don't have a lot of money, so I have to use what little extra I got.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Eh, I would take NPD with a grain of salt. They only provide statistics from specific retailers on physical copy sales in the U.S. It's very hard for me to take a study as a serious estimate if it does not account for digital copies or online retailers like Amazon. This also ignores Japanese and Europe sales data. I'm not saying Ninty is having a great year, but I believe we need more information to form a more accurate picture.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Guys, don't get so pessimistic about the large-scale future for Nintendo over one month's worth of physical copies of games that most of us knew wouldn't do too well when announced. o.o; I mean, this is nowhere near the first time Nintendo has had bad months, and it won't be the last, but they aren't going to be this way so often, especially with games like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm a bit late to the thread but still wanted to put my thoughts out there...

It seems to me Nintendo is really focused on making NX a huge success, and they want it to launch with some big AAA titles. Wii U and 3DS were very unsuccessful at launch mostly due to a lack of worthwhile launch titles, and with Wii U already having such poor sales, to them it must not seem like there's much of a point in continuing with AAA development knowing that it isn't likely the games will sell as well as they would on NX. But they need some titles to keep consumers with something while waiting, or we'd be even more unhappy. Reusing assets to make new experiences is a really good way to do that, and while most of the games released like that this year haven't been that great, it's a way to keep the general consumers content with Wii U/3DS for now.

And 2015 really wasn't a horrible year for Nintendo games. There's still been plenty of great games, Splatoon, SMM, Xenoblade X, Yoshi, and personally I even feel some of the other titles were underrated, I LOVE CodeName S.T.E.A.M. and I'd really like to play Kirby and the Rainbow Curse when I have the money to buy it. I do feel 2016 will be a much better year with less of the smaller titles that reuse assets, but this wasn't the worst year Nintendo has had in terms of good game releases. (2008/2009 on the other hand...ugh...)

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Rumor is, Ninty will be basing the NX off of the Android platform. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If done right, it could be amazing. Nintendo knows that it has a chokehold on the "mainstream" mobile gaming market. A console that offers Nintendo IP with an Android OS would draw a lot of 3rd party developer talent. Imagine having a next gen Nintendo console that, instead of using a Wii U gamepad, connects to your Android phone or tablet and allows you to play on the go. Nintendo's mobile gaming consoles have moved in this direction since the DSi, with its internet browser, camera, etc. A Nintendo/smartphone hybrid is the next step in its mobile gaming evolution.

With that said, it could be bad because of Nintendo's turbulent history with 3rd party developers. It's been a mixed bag, with highs like Banjo-Kazooie and lows like a number of throw-away NES titles. An Android OS console is a very obvious open door for 3rd party talent, and it'll be tough giving these devs the freedom they need to innovate if Ninty remains as protective of its IP has it has in the past.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Guys, don't get so pessimistic about the large-scale future for Nintendo over one month's worth of physical copies of games that most of us knew wouldn't do too well when announced. o.o; I mean, this is nowhere near the first time Nintendo has had bad months, and it won't be the last, but they aren't going to be this way so often, especially with games like Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Too bad the game isn't doing too well in sales. I don't care about Xenoblade, but I can see that it's a good game, but due to its poor marketing, it's not doing very well. Nintendo markets their games so poorly anymore......

And 2015 really wasn't a horrible year for Nintendo games. There's still been plenty of great games, Splatoon, SMM, Xenoblade X, Yoshi, and personally I even feel some of the other titles were underrated, I LOVE CodeName S.T.E.A.M. and I'd really like to play Kirby and the Rainbow Curse when I have the money to buy it. I do feel 2016 will be a much better year with less of the smaller titles that reuse assets, but this wasn't the worst year Nintendo has had in terms of good game releases. (2008/2009 on the other hand...ugh...)
Okay, 2015 was still a pretty bad year for Nintendo, imo, but I do agree that it's nowhere near as bad as those years. I remember not buying much Wii games in 2009 due to lacking many games I was interested in. 2008 was the year that Nintendo gave out crap like Wii Music along with other games no one has asked for. I remember being really disappointed with Nintendo in those years, but at least they got a bit better in 2010.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Okay, 2015 was still a pretty bad year for Nintendo, imo, but I do agree that it's nowhere near as bad as those years. I remember not buying much Wii games in 2009 due to lacking many games I was interested in. 2008 was the year that Nintendo gave out crap like Wii Music along with other games no one has asked for. I remember being really disappointed with Nintendo in those years, but at least they got a bit better in 2010.
Wii Music... I try to forget that was a thing. 2008 was not a great year at all. I can't even remember what else came out then, I think Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii came out that year if I recall correctly... And Mario Super Sluggers, which I can't even care to play these days. 2015 wasn't as bad as 2008 this much is true.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Wii Music... I try to forget that was a thing. 2008 was not a great year at all. I can't even remember what else came out then, I think Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii came out that year if I recall correctly... And Mario Super Sluggers, which I can't even care to play these days. 2015 wasn't as bad as 2008 this much is true.
Yep, Brawl and MKW were out in the first few months of the year, and were pretty much the only good games released that year imo. (and I didn't even enjoy Brawl as much as the other Smash games personally) 2015 is nowhere near the best year Nintendo has had for game releases, but there's been much worse.

Rookie

Inkling
NNID
Rookie06
Look at smash, the first big seller for the Wii U and amiibos.
Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World have both outsold Smash still, without having to be launch titles either, so I don't think it's been like Smash is the only selling Wii U game.

This has been a relatively slow year though unfortunately, but when I look at the bright side there's still plenty for me that I'm still wanting to play and pick up for 3DS/Wii U. Xenoblade looks pretty promising, and I still need to go back and play Bayonetta 2. There's also some older games I missed out on that I think I'll get from the eShop too, including Metroid Prime Trilogy and OoT.

Also would recommend The Wonderful 101 to anyone who hasn't played it, especially if you liked Bayonetta 2. The game is kind of difficult to grasp at the beginning but it's well worth the time, it's one of the hidden gems of this console I think.

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
Nintendo's mind is in japan. If they think the Japanese like it so will we, it seems. I agree with Nintendo pushing the amiibo way too far. Instead of making games out of amiibo, they should be kept as extra stuff in games like they did with MK8 and Smash. My theory, which is kinda dumb, is Nintendo is pushing amiibo games to quell amiibo scalpers, since in order to play you'll need the amiibo. In order to play the game, you'll have to use the amiibo, thus bringing down a rare amiibo to resell at a higher price. My other theory is that Ninty is focusing these games to give us something to play while they prepare the NX for launch which they are focusing all their money on so they make these low budget tittles of older games or third party games as an excuse to having a holiday line up.

BUT they will be giving us great games at the start of 2016 like Fire Emblem:Fates and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, and twilight princess HD which releases in February (go figure) will be helping us to the releases to SF Zero and Zelda Wii U

NEW Theory: Ninty is pushing amiibo games as a way to restock the amiibo and keep scalpers at bay

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Animal Crossing: City Folk also came out in 2008.

Wii Music is a perfect example of a game I wished didn't exist. The fact that Miyamoto was the one who created it made me feel ashamed of the guy. This is the same man that stripped the stories from Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Paper Mario: Sticker Star. The guy is anti-story.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Animal Crossing: City Folk also came out in 2008.

Wii Music is a perfect example of a game I wished didn't exist. The fact that Miyamoto was the one who created it made me feel ashamed of the guy. This is the same man that stripped the stories from Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Paper Mario: Sticker Star. The guy is anti-story.
Mr. Miyamoto is a man with his vision of Mario characters being "Actors". You're correct, he's the sole reason for the lack of story in both Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Paper Mario Sticker Star. On top of this, he also opposes characters in Mario games he didn't make. I honestly believe he's enforcing these silly rules of his recently and games are suffering from it. Look at Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, there's not many characters that Miyamoto didn't make as well as the Paper Mario Characters were seemingly pulled from Sticker Star.

I should have seen Wii Music as a sign that Miyamoto changed. But I was too young to think otherwise.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Mr. Miyamoto is a man with his vision of Mario characters being "Actors". You're correct, he's the sole reason for the lack of story in both Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Paper Mario Sticker Star. On top of this, he also opposes characters in Mario games he didn't make. I honestly believe he's enforcing these silly rules of his recently and games are suffering from it. Look at Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, there's not many characters that Miyamoto didn't make as well as the Paper Mario Characters were seemingly pulled from Sticker Star.

I should have seen Wii Music as a sign that Miyamoto changed. But I was too young to think otherwise.
I still respect the man, but I still don't like his mindset when it comes to what's added in games he created. From the looks of the new Star Fox game, it looks like he wants to make Star Fox 64 2.0, but I hope this isn't the case when it's finally released. Wii Music is pretty much a clear sign that Miyamoto has changed for the worst. He was good back in the 80's & 90's, but not anymore. I keep thinking he's the sole reason why Nintendo's dipped in quality with certain games along with keeping the company from changing. The man needs to go. His time at Nintendo is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom