• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your favourite map?

Favourite Map?

• Eeltail Alley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scorch Gorge

• Mincemeat Metalworks

• Hagglefish Market

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Undertow Spillway

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Hammerhead Bridge

• Inkblot Art Academy

• Wahoo World

• Sturgeon Shipyard

• Mako Mart

• Brinewater Springs

• Flounder Heights

• Umami Ruins

• Manta Maria

• Barnacle and Dime

• Humpback Pumptrack

• Crableg Capital

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Shipshape CargoCo

• Robo Romen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Marlin Airport

• Total voters

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Considering how contentious the maps are in this game, I wanted to hear some positive opinions on them.
So what's your favourite? It can be competitively, casually, heck, even just based on aesthetics (✨vibes✨)

I think mine's Crableg Capital! It's fun, it's pretty open, I like the gimmick of having grates everywhere, it looks cool, and it never feels restricting to play. I think it's a really cool map, crableg W

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Splatoon 1's version of Mahi-Mahi Resort. Man I sure do wish Mahi-Mahi Resort was in Splatoon 3.

More serious note, prooobably MakoMart. Really nice layout, it feels pretty fun on offense and less lockout-heavy than this game's other maps even if it's still not perfect there. Feels way more open than most of the other stuff in this game which is really cool. I'm not huge on how much stronger AoE weapons feel than other stuff but it's nothing like Flounder Heights for example and you're not going to get a perfectly flawless map in this game as is so I'll take what I can get. Still very good.

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
honestly, can't say I thought of it much. Nothing jumps out to me as "omg this map is in rotation, I must play NOW" - kinda map.
Picking Manta Maria because splatling bias <3
I love grates, I love pole

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
Probably Bluefin. I just enjoy the setting, and moving around on it isn't too bad. It has the moving zone, which I think is really cool, and the elevators also lead to some funny interactions from time to time. I don't have any real nostalgia for the old one, so the changes don't really affect me one way or the other, but I think it's a pretty fun stage.

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
either brine, mako, or crableg. i dont think brine is a great map but its probably my most played one bc its pretty straightforward to play on for me and its fun. ive warmed up to mako a lot, i used to hate it in s2 but i like how hectic it can get and i think the stage geometry is fun to play around. and crableg is great, its my favorite clams map

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Easily ramen. The design is so simple yet so effective; it's literally just a rectangle with a circle under it. But that circle adds so much depth. I don't personally play weapons that like being down there too much, but it very positively affects the pacing of the game for me to have to worry about the weapons that do. It has plenty of options for every weapon's range and playstyle, and I love that.

Makomart is a close second. Same reason; it's a very simple layout with lots of variety in routes you can take (although not quite as good as the ramen circle) and good options for every kind of weapon.

Both also have geometry that leads to really interesting fights. Ramen might be slightly more lockout-heavy due to mako having really good defensive high ground, but both still feel very fair.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm personally partial to Marlin Airport. It has plenty of movement routes, it makes backlines feel much fairer compared to other maps, the cover options are great, and my favorite part; its layout makes flanking strategies in Turf War almost completely non-viable.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Definitely Robo ROM-en, it's the first new Splatoon 3 map I can say I enjoy playing in all modes.
Some more than others of course, I don't think the tower path on TC is the best but that's a big issue with TC as a whole.
ROM-en also never feels too restricting when approaching the enemy team and the inkable walls make it that you can go through the trench but still quickly get back to mid when needed which isn't something I can say for most if not all Splatoon 3 maps.
It's very open with a lot of space to push in and fight but the trench is definitely the most important part about it.
You can't easily see whenever someone is going around so unlike all the previous "routes" around mid that they've added, this one actually lets you reliably get behind the enemy team.

It's honestly kind of funny how much a path around mid changes my opinion on Robo ROM-en because it still shares some of the same problems with other Splatoon 3 maps.
Probably the most noticeable one being that there's only two ways to get out of your base, the right side which you'll have to fight your way through if the enemy team has already taken control of mid or the left side which is a one way drop in most modes that's very noticeable and the enemy team will have the high ground to easily get you once you're down there.

Regardless, the map still manages to give enough freedom for movement and what positions you can take for it to be my favorite one.

Grekly

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Robo romen for all the reason that @isaac4 and @youre_a_squib_now said but also how aesthetically pleasing it looks just go into recon and you will see just how much personality there is in this stage

some stages were close to being my favorite some honorable mentions are

Manta Maria
Makomart
Mahi-Mahi
Shipshape cargo

Last edited:

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i remember inkblot, humpback, sturgeon, and even somewhat manta maria being a stage that people complained about in splatoon 2, but now are some of the best maps in 3. just thought that was pretty funny

my favorite is robo ramen though, all of the modes are consistently good. it's pretty much everyone's favorite and it has already been explained why it's good, but i will say that i absolutely love the lower route and the fact that zipcaster can attach to the outside walls of the stage. also, ramen came at a time in splatoon 3's life where we were finally getting more hope in terms of the stage designs, crableg and shipshape being pretty good (besides shipshape rm that map mode is really dumb in a funny way) and mahi even had a pretty decent rework. ramen being as good as it is only made those hopes go higher, which probably plays somewhat a role into our disappointment with undertow's rework, but i'm still looking forward to the final stage, any more that might come in a content extension, and future map reworks. if every map was the quality of ramen i would be able to say splatoon 3 is better than splatoon 1 with so much more confidence

Dustrix

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
I just like mako mart cuz ledge go brrrrrrr (I'm a carbon deco main)

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
They should make rotations have three maps instead of two. Yeah, it would increase the odds of bad map/modes being in a rotation but it would also make the rotation only 1/3 bad instead of 1/2 bad.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
They should make rotations have three maps instead of two. Yeah, it would increase the odds of bad map/modes being in a rotation but it would also make the rotation only 1/3 bad instead of 1/2 bad.
Increasing the odds of bad map modes being in rotation and making each map appear in rotation less often would exactly cancel each other out in terms of how often each map is played. Every map would still be played the same amount.

The effect it would have, from a mathematical standpoint, is making rotations more "average" (on average). So it's less likely to have only good maps, but it's also less likely to only have bad maps. This is definitely up to personal preference whether it's good or not.

There's also the part that having 3 potential maps you could get each game instead of two makes it much harder to pick your weapon and gear based on the maps. It also means your favorite map (whatever it is) would be much harder to play on the rotations it's in. So I personally wouldn't like it, but I definitely can see why someone would.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
i’m gonna say shipshape but a close second is ramen. i like shipshape because of the hills in the middle, me as a stamper player it’s pretty easy to get splats from there while the other team goes to the bottom. also, for some reason it’s the map that I just played the best on

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
Manta Maria - it's good enough on all of the ranked modes, has a cool aesthetic, and is one of the best maps in Turf War (trying to sneak into the enemy's base and get onto their life boat will NEVER get old).

technobyte

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
I like Sturgeon Shipyard. It doesn't feel too lockout prone for me because of how big spawn is (unless the enemy pushes up the uninkable ramp, but it's still kinda manageable) and it has nice, wide sniper perches. Flanking is a more of an option on this map than a lot of the others too.

In terms of vibes, I love the settings of crableg capital and especially shipshape cargo co, and they're also not too bad to play on, but my vote still goes to sturgeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom