What's your favourite post-launch Splatoon 3 weapon?

Who's your favourite?

• Splattershot Nova

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Big Swig Roller

• Snipewriter

• Painbrush

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • S-Blast

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Dread Wringer

• Heavy Edit Splatling

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Douser Dualies FF

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Recycled Brella 24

• Wellstring V

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Decavitator

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

C-53

Full Squid
Agreed, they feel like one of the only new weapons in S3 with a really new interesting concept. Most are really just "Another weapon but a lil sillier". Like how Big Swig is basically just Carbon with worse kits and more paint output, Nova is just Splattershot but worse in every way, Recycled Brella is just normal Brella but with a worse shield and more damage. There's nothing like Goo Tuber or Nautilus that bring something entirely new and fit in their own niches, and Douser Dualies is exactly that.
I really like the way the Dousers play, as well. I think that I’m not seeing what distinguishes them like you see it, though. What about them makes you feel like they are substantially more than a tuned version of the standard daulie concept?

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I really like the way the Dousers play, as well. I think that I’m not seeing what distinguishes them like you see it, though. What about them makes you feel like they are substantially more than a tuned version of the standard daulie concept?
I think they just play like no other dualie. You could realistically get rid of Nova, Heavy Edit, Big Swig or Dread and nobody would miss them, but the Dousers have their own niche that would leave a gap if they were removed, especially with the new kit. The closest thing they really play like are Tetra and Glooga, but they're different enough to stand out. They can basically do anything, they can be a Slayer, a backliner, support, whatever you want. They have the most unique difference between their normal and turret modes. Turret mode is the real reason I love the Dousers. You can basically ignore turret mode on basically every other dualie as the sacrifice for damage isn't worth the movement disability outside of like, destroying the Rainmaker shield or destroying an object. But for the Dousers, it gives them access to a lot more unique plays, especially with them having the furthest dodge roll. My favorite strategy is just rolling off the side of a ledge for an ambush, they're really good at being able to quickly get off ledges or around corners for rushdowns. I think Douser was the last possible unique dualie, when we get new ones in S4 or somehow even in 3, it would probably just be another "base weapon that's a little sillier", maybe having like 6 tiny dodge rolls or something with less damage than Dapples.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
I think they just play like no other dualie. You could realistically get rid of Nova, Heavy Edit, Big Swig or Dread and nobody would miss them, but the Dousers have their own niche that would leave a gap if they were removed, especially with the new kit. The closest thing they really play like are Tetra and Glooga, but they're different enough to stand out. They can basically do anything, they can be a Slayer, a backliner, support, whatever you want. They have the most unique difference between their normal and turret modes. Turret mode is the real reason I love the Dousers. You can basically ignore turret mode on basically every other dualie as the sacrifice for damage isn't worth the movement disability outside of like, destroying the Rainmaker shield or destroying an object. But for the Dousers, it gives them access to a lot more unique plays, especially with them having the furthest dodge roll. My favorite strategy is just rolling off the side of a ledge for an ambush, they're really good at being able to quickly get off ledges or around corners for rushdowns. I think Douser was the last possible unique dualie, when we get new ones in S4 or somehow even in 3, it would probably just be another "base weapon that's a little sillier", maybe having like 6 tiny dodge rolls or something with less damage than Dapples.
as a dualie main i can confirm we generally don't ignore turret mode on other dualies 😭 we don't use them all the time even on, like, tetras, but they're an important tool dualies come with especially during fights

in fact, dousers have been an interesting change of pace because their dodge rolls/turret mode are used much more sparingly. dousies' turret mode is shorter range than their spread mode, and their dodge rolls are ink hungry and you can only roll once at a time. it's not the mobility option it is for other dualies. the trade-off of course is how powerful its turret mode is, which fits it right back in with its dualie cousins with its dodge rolls being most optimal for fighting up close. honestly, i'm not that great at using the dousies' dodge rolls optimally yet, so i spend a lot of time in spread mode

(i refrained from answering this thread's main question for a while because i realized i uh. hardly played any of the post-launch main weapons lol. but i've finally been trying out douser dualies and enjoying them a lot... shocking, dualiebot likes the new dualies)

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
as a dualie main i can confirm we generally don't ignore turret mode on other dualies 😭 we don't use them all the time even on, like, tetras, but they're an important tool dualies come with especially during fights
Maybe I was harsh with "you can basically ignore it" but it's definitely not the most defining part of them, it's not like how Squeezer's two modes basically define it. It's less that you can ignore it and more that it works best in very very short bursts, you're only it for a few seconds before rolling again or swimming away, you're usually not just constantly in it or going in and out of it. Most dualies have enough DPS to not need it all the time but I specifically highlighted Douser's because it's such a dramatic boost in it's capabilities, especially with the massive boost in ink efficiency. Your ability to use Turret mode basically makes or breaks it and it feels so great to quickly go in-between the modes. Dousers only have a single roll because it's the only one they need, most dualies need to play around their range and their dodge rolls are just get out of conflict buttons, but Douser is the complete opposite. Dousers MAKES the conflict, and they realistically win most of them.

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
Hedit, Snipewriter, and Pain are very fun imo

C-53

Full Squid
I get what you are saying. The other dualie that I play most often is dapples, and I use the roll very differently there, most of the time. With dapples, I am almost always rolling when I am not swimming, and mostly as an evasion tool (ex - quickly move away from a bomb or zooka shot) or a dive into melee range. With dousers, I use it less often, and usually as a kite fake (walking away while firing in spread mode to bait a chase, then diving back toward the chaser, but off-angle from their line of fire). I also primarily use the spread mode to antagonize and harass to initiate skirmishing from max range, rather than the hard commitment that I frequently make with other dualies.

Neko :D

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
I really have fun playing with Wellstring. It deals a great amount of damage, covers lots of area, and it's pretty easy to use. I forgot to mention how far the range is as well. It has Ultra Stamp, which is really easy to use, and effective when it comes to splatting people. Nothing can go wrong with Wellstring if you know what your doing. I barely know what I'm doing, but it's still extremely fun to use.

Painbrush is also pretty cool, but definitely not my favorite. Damage is good, ink speed.... no, range is about in the middle. it looks really awesome too.

Out of the options, Wellstring is probably my favorite because of all the perks, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom