What's your favourite weapon to fight alongside?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
The forum has gotten a bit downtrodden lately, so I'm making a positive version of another active thread.
Which weapons do you like having on your team in solo queue?

Personally, I typically play between midline and backline, with weapons like Bamboozler, Rapid Blaster Pro, and Wellstring. A good Dread Wringer player is always a welcome sight to me, being able to deal valuable chip damage for my weapons to combo off of, as well as helping to keep the stage painted and therefore me safe from flanks.

What weapons do you enjoy fighting alongside?

MandatoryCatalyst

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Anyone with Beakons! I take a lot of risky jumps thanks to running Dodge Roller and a lot of QR, so people who run Beakons and place them often are a GODSEND for me. Especially when they've got a lot of Sub Power Up on!

I also like fighting alongside Hydras, Heavys, and Hedits, while it's been a long time since I've played longer range weapons LIKE Hydra and Heavy, I feel that my time with them has made me a better teammate to people who play them because of it, and given my short range main, they're also covering a niche I just can't fulfill myself.

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
I love playing with Splat rollers and carbons because I know that they know that they need paint in order to do anything enabling them to go in and deal with the enemy is so satisfying

I also am a big fan of playing with tetras if I am playing a fight heavy weapon like stamper or roller

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Other blaster because we read each other’s minds and target the same people leading to them dying when they get hit by two indirects at once. But honestly in comp literally any front line can do that so if I had to pick I’d say Splash or Stamper because of their speed and burst bombs. For non-frontline weapons Pencil + CRB goes hard

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Seconding the Beakons bit, but otherwise really anything with Crab Tank or Inkjet. I'm still trying to adjust to keeping track of my teammates' positions and a big obvious "go in now" signal that lasts as long as those two do will always be of great help. Chip damage heavy weapons like Wellstring and Pencil are great too

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
following up on a range blaster's damage is always particularly fun to me, it feels like it combos well with literally every other weapon in the game. i also like having teammates with cooler, of course, though i tend to be the cooler person if i'm try-harding anyway so it's not a huge impact all the time. it's not something i guess i've thought about much though, which maybe speaks to my overall pessimism towards soloQ that i've been trying to work on lol

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
For me, I love having Dualie Squelcher teammates, especially those who can use Drizzle. I rarely have the patience for campers with mains that have way too much range like the Hydra and the Eliter, so a teammate who can force said campers to move from their spot completely is always a positive.

briank913

Inkling Cadet
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
A fellow Sploosh player so we can combine our troll powers to unleash chaos amongst the enemy team. Double hammer is so fun 😁

I also like playing with Bamboo mains. Among many great players, I find that they are very dedicated to their craft (it is hard to use after all) so I have nothing but respect for people in Bamboo Propaganda and any other Bamboo mains.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Splash, Explo, both Tent kits, Stamper, and maybe CRB are the first weapons that come to mind. I would love having a Dread on my team if it wasn't for the kits the weapon has.

Grushi

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like playing with the exploshers, rapid blasters (+pro), tri-stringers and wellstrings.
Basically all chip damage backlines are great team weapons, especially since they paint pretty well.

I also like chip damage weapons in general: stampers, machines, or RBs just to name a few.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
It's really common for me to hit a single (usually short range) indirect and go down, so having teammates who I can push in with knowing they'll be able to trade me back if that happens is awesome. .52 gal and range are excellent at this, but they don't even have to two shot, so stuff like shot works too.

Really, it's less about the weapon itself and more about whether my teammates are fighting with me and able to trade me back or combo with me. And, to be honest, a lot of the time when they're not, it's my fault because I wasn't aware of the game state. But having teammates that are aware of that even when I'm not is amazing for the reasons I mentioned, especially if they are willing to go in with me even when I take a bad fight. It's really easy to get carried by teammates and think I did really well because I'm the one that got the splats (and because I got assists and those are counted the same unless you check the NSO app) when really, I was being not smart and my teammates were chads and saved me from dying a bunch. I appreciate you soloq warriors ❤

Last edited:

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I! LOVE! RATS!!!! 🐀🐀🐀

I play slow and/or charging weapons. I love love love having a weapon whose entire purpose in life is to grab the enemies' attention for all eternity. Especially if they're short-ranged so they stay as far away from me as possible. Tetras, Wiper, Inkbrush, you're all beautiful and I hope you live your rat lives to the fullest.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
The forum has gotten a bit downtrodden lately, so I'm making a positive version of another active thread.
Which weapons do you like having on your team in solo queue?

Personally, I typically play between midline and backline, with weapons like Bamboozler, Rapid Blaster Pro, and Wellstring. A good Dread Wringer player is always a welcome sight to me, being able to deal valuable chip damage for my weapons to combo off of, as well as helping to keep the stage painted and therefore me safe from flanks.

What weapons do you enjoy fighting alongside?
Double tenta brella hits different. We both cover each other's flanks and stuff.

electronvolt

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
I tend to struggle with damage (tri-stringer oneshots are hard, and explo is explo) so it's really nice to play alongside weapons with high damage but low paint, like blasters, because then I can support them by painting for them so they can get more splats.

Also wiper because tri-stringer arrows+wiper attack+maybe torpedo is really hard to dodge >: )

OCTöHEAD

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
any
For me, I love having Dualie Squelcher teammates, especially those who can use Drizzle. I rarely have the patience for campers with mains that have way too much range like the Hydra and the Eliter, so a teammate who can force said campers to move from their spot completely is always a positive.
Sorry I'm kind of new, but what is a Drizzle? I saw there was a season called that but that's all I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom