• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your goal in life?

What is your goal?

• To cook.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To be on Honor roll!

• To be president.

• To debate! (Join my team/group plz!)

• To learn other langueges.

• Total voters

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Well my dream job is to become an illustrator or an animator, but I've got a long way to go. Other than that, I always want to be there for the people I love.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
My goal right now is to get a boyfriend, but he dudes at my school aren't good enough, and don't know how to treat a lady, even if they were the last ones on earth, I wouldn't date them....( that is a horrible goal come to think of it)

Zeriel00

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zeriel00
To reach S rank in Splatoon!
Also learning Japanese to play imported games!
Life is boring and pointless so my meaning of life is to play games,
collect money and escape boredom until I reach the great Turf war in the sky :D

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Yay for existential crises! Group hug!

This is pretty presumptuous of me, but I'm assuming you two are younger than me. As cliche as it sounds, it does get better once your brain's finally done growing around 25. Hang in there!
Uuuunless of course you happen to get hit with some weird early-onset mid-life crisis in your mid-thirties, like I did... that was a rough few years to live through, and I'm still feeling a little weak in the mental knees. But I'm surviving =p

At this point I just want to work my way back to financial security. Hopefully not die alone. On the bright side, I got through my art block and it feels like my style's settling down again. Now I just need to focus on escaping same-face mode and get better at action.

Zeriel00

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zeriel00
Lol every anime fan's goal is to move to Japan, realize the pro's and con's first,
Japan is not a paradise there's a lot of problems including major amounts of racism
towards foreigners, you need to be mentally prepared. This is specially true for
Americans, this generation full of political correctness, safe spaces, trigger warnings
and Microagressions would not last one minute against real world racism.

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
To recover a friendship I had with @TwinPisces
There isn't a day where I don't regret my selfishness and how I destroyed her feelings.
I only ask for forgiveness.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I've already travelled a bit (Several provinces in Canada, some U.S. states including Hawaii, Mexico and also Japan on several trips including a home stay), but I would like to travel some more sometime. Hopefully Eurppe eventually as well.
For jobs my dream is along the lines of being an English teacher (I am volunteering at my local ESL centre and actually have a job coming up for the fall) or a translator/interpreter.
Other goals include getting married and possibly living in Japan (preferably around Nagoya).

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
No offence but you deleted all the contacts you had with me and I don't see why you tagged me here...
I though you didn't want to see me again. That's why.
I tried to say I was sorry when it happened but, I problably made things worst.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Lol every anime fan's goal is to move to Japan, realize the pro's and con's first,
Japan is not a paradise there's a lot of problems including major amounts of racism
towards foreigners, you need to be mentally prepared. This is specially true for
Americans, this generation full of political correctness, safe spaces, trigger warnings
and Microagressions would not last one minute against real world racism.
firstly, i hardly watch anime at all
secondly, ive been to japan and encountered no racism. the whole 'racism' thing comes from japanese not wanting to rent apartments to foreigners due to them being unable to understand the terms of the agreement(language barrier in other words) and generally being less trustworthy(that's why they often ask for a guarantor). It's like a bank refusing to give a loan to somebody because of bad credit history. Not racist at all.
The Japanese definitely live up to the stereotype of being polite though from my time there. They will do their utmost to accommodate and serve you even better than they would themselves.
Nobody is calling japan a paradise, like every country there are problems. However it's a country that many foreigners including myself would love to live in because they love the culture and have a passion for the language and people.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
firstly, i hardly watch anime at all
secondly, ive been to japan and encountered no racism. the whole 'racism' thing comes from japanese not wanting to rent apartments to foreigners due to them being unable to understand the terms of the agreement(language barrier in other words) and generally being less trustworthy(that's why they often ask for a guarantor). It's like a bank refusing to give a loan to somebody because of bad credit history. Not racist at all.
The Japanese definitely live up to the stereotype of being polite though from my time there. They will do their utmost to accommodate and serve you even better than they would themselves.
Nobody is calling japan a paradise, like every country there are problems. However it's a country that many foreigners including myself would love to live in because they love the culture and have a passion for the language and people.
You wanna talk racism, look up the Japanese treatment of Koreans. Eesh. Just because you didn't run into racism doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and boy oh boy does it exist in spades over there.

And in your own example there's a bit of racism. Foreigners are generally less trustworthy? How is judging someone for where they came from NOT discrimination?

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
the whole 'racism' thing comes from japanese not wanting to rent apartments to foreigners due to them being unable to understand the terms of the agreement(language barrier in other words) and generally being less trustworthy(that's why they often ask for a guarantor). It's like a bank refusing to give a loan to somebody because of bad credit history. Not racist at all.
Just to point out, they usually ask for guarantors in the US as well, regardless of race. Every car I've bought or apartment I've rented, I've had to have a guarantor.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
My goal is to get a stable job and support myself as an adult. Boring, yeah, but I want to be able to take care of myself.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I rebuke saying that my goal in life was to get a boyfriend, though I AM in love with one, he IS as stupid as a brick. # Disappointed. :(

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Just as it says on my Steam profile, "My only goal in life is to get an Australium Medi Gun."! Seriously though, I'm not sure. Mostly just financial stability and love. Pretty boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom