What's your main weapon and why?

Auburn Crescent

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4739-9968-8168
I sorta jump between Dark Tetras, the two Splat Dualies kits, and Ballpoint
- Been playing Dark Tetras since about mid-2021 when I found a guide online. They're still my primary main weapon
- Played Ballpoint on and off in Splatoon 2 and 3 occasionally, but locked it in as a regular sometime after Inkjet got buffed last year.
- Picked up vanilla Splat Dualies when Tetras started falling off last Drizzle Season just as something to fall back on just in case they nerf Tetras into the ground
- Picked up Enperries at the beginning of this season because I thought they looked fun. They're not the weapon I'm strongest at (that'd be Dark Tetras), but it's the one I like using the most

ShotTwiceOver

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3224-2158-1624
I have notably had trouble finding my main weapon throughout the entirety of the series. I thought Blasters were my go-to, notably VBlast in S3, but something just wasn't clicking quite right. Then Hedit came out and. Yeah. I instantly flocked to it, it felt so perfect with how I wanted to play. Then I tried Pencil and became the local backliner because Pencil is backline god. I guess I found out that my true calling was backlining, not frontlining.

PurpleN

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6373-3404-6327
for vds its like the third weapon that i ever picked up and just kinda stuck with. i love its long range and mobility and now im finally at 5 stars with it :3
for vdualies i just. i really dont know why but i mained it purely for crab before i knew it was meta at the time but i mean hey its still fun
for hydra raahHH I LOVE BACKLINING RAAHHHHHHH I LOVE KILLING PEOPLE INSTANTLY YEEAAAHHHHH
SAME THING FOR NAUTILUS HAHAAHHH WOOOO I LOVE THE MAIN WEAPON SO MUCH NAUT MY BELOVED WIFE
oh and glooga dualies, this is a more recent one but i wanted to try a new weapon and gloogas were really the only one that interested me, i like it so far the 2 shot is great too I LOVE KILLING!!!!!!!!

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've hopped between a huge amount of weapons over the past year, but i think i've finally landed on dualies generally being my go-to class, with gloogas and light tetras being the ones i play regularly. i'd recently also picked up foil squeezer and found a lot of success with that, though it feels kinda easy to me lol so i don't like it quite as much as my other mains. glooga deco save me

Eight

Inkling
NNID
Eight
Switch Friend Code
SW-8541-7647-2894
I started using eliter because the agent 8 amiibo uses it but then I just started to actually like it

|ChocMilk|

Inkling
I started with tri slosher, then squiffer in 2, then octo shot after inner agent three, this transitioned into TTek in splat 3 being similar kit, then splash o matic, then nzap, and now full circle with Tri nouveau

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
vsplash, i know it’s vsplash but i’ve loved neo-splash in 2 for the burst bomb and this has it as well in splatoon 3. there’s nothing so satisfying as using burst bomb and for me this it the weapon where i feel i can get the most out of movement, paint, *and* (although it’s outmatched by a lot of other weapons) fighting with it is fun. :)

this is the build i usually run on it as well, i like to be movement focussed
IMG_0742.jpeg

Sample

Inkling
I was technically an Inkbrush main in 2, but didn't really play the game much. At the the start of 3, I was a Heavy main then picked up Aerospray RG (my first 5 star, hahaha) because I really like Booyah and it's very ease of access to it, especially with a lot of SCU. I tried out Wiper and really enjoyed it's playstyle. Getting the direct one shots are always satisfying. Since then, I've 5 starred both Wipers and been a Wiper main.

Last edited:

Lumi

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3446-6641-9702
My current main would be Heavy Splatling Deco! I love, love, looove the mobility it has. Your feet go vroooom! It feels like no weapon outside the Splatling Class can manuever in the same way while simultaneously shooting (besides maybe Dualie Squelchers I suppose).

Just before this phase, I played Ballpoint Splatling as my former main, while the first weapon I really picked up as a main when I first started the game was the Tri-Stringer.

ltsora

Inkling
also squelchies! i mained cds in 2 and vds from 3's release until a couple months ago... i was mad at the cds kit initially but in the end beakons were so goated i made my peace with it LOL. i love the mobility and jumptech! i think a lot of people with better dps expect to win 1v1s against me but they're so mobile and slippery that i get around them before that can happen. i feel like they have a decently high skill floor and they take a lot of thinking... honestly the reward you get for the amount of effort they require is questionable in 3 because they haven't removed the s2 nerfs yet but. they're fun no matter what so it's okay

WIP Riley

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-8150-4404-2151
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
Been playing splat dualies since the goof old days when I had burst bomb and tenta missile

Nowadays I play enpery's and splash

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
Both stampers, just the most fun weapons in the game imo. I love high skull celining weapons and its so unique compared to shooters which I find repetitive ngl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom