What's your main weapon and why?

rolodabo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3963-6436-1306
i started playing tri-stringer basically as soon as i could get my hands on it just because i loved the concept and design, and it's still my favourite weapon now! really love the complexity of it and its niche for chip damage, especially with the inkline kit. definitely not the strongest weapon at the moment and i really hope it gets a bomb for its third kit (if it gets one), but it's still super fun to play and fits my anchor/supportive playstyle perfectly.

Charis

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3317-0489-1600
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
While it’s technically not my main anymore, my favorite weapon has always been brella. I love everything about it, the weapon has a ton of depth, is really hard, and has a lot of skill expression. The shot is reliant both on positioning and aim to deal high amounts of damage, the shield requires you to know when it is best to use it and how to get as much value out of one shield as possible (as in flaring to regen hp to have a presence in a fight as long as possible), and the ink efficiency (even post patch) demands the user to be mindful of how much they’re using. I also really like its versatility, it can play both offensively and defensively, it can play like a full on support or skirmisher, etc. Other things I like are the mobility, the look, and the sound (specifically of landing multiple pellets). I could go on, but the point is brella is the perfect combination of everything I like in a weapon, and it’s my favorite for that reason. I picked it up the right when I reached level 9 in s2 and it’s been my favorite (and one trick until a bit before s3) weapon ever since.

divdex

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1648-0960-9693
dual squelcher & jet squelcher in splatoon 1, splatoon 1 was my first real experience with pvp shooters and i ended up loving the mid-long range guns (including mini splatling & splattershot pro)

dualie squelchers at the start of splatoon 2, i played almost nothing but dualies around then. later i decided to use gloogas indtead because squelchers' inconsistency was starting to frustrate me. around this time i also enjoyed dynamo and machine as well

right now, gloogas and dread wringer. not sure why dread has stuck with me since it released, i find vSlosher and tri slosher pretty boring but it just feels different, i like that

Iciest Ice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5366-9128-5213
I switch around mains a lot, but my top 3 most used are:

- Inkbrush: I like going nyoooooom around the stage, and i also like always being in the action

- Blasters: its a sniper but up close. Really like hitting directs. For the same reason as the previous one, Luna neo is one of my favs because it has good mobility

- Undercover: always liked shotguns, and this one has a shield included, what else can you ask for. The shield is up while attacking? Even better! Splat 2 sunder was my favourite because splat bomb pairs with it so well, and you can use it for any purpose you need

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
been maining the dualie squelchers (both of them) for like a year and a bit, since i bought the game essentially. nothing to me quite matches the fun i get out of how they play, their mobility, versatility, design, kits, they’re just all around a really fun gun. i remember back in may when sizzle season news was rolling out i lost my mind seeing cds with beakon, in a good way though as it was my dream sub for it

sure it may feel like im shooting toothpicks at people sometimes and not bullets, but idk man im still havin a good time. hope it gets buffs at some point in the future though, mainly hoping for like. bullet size and velocity buffs + 30 damage (if zap can get 30 damage why not ds bro Come On)
I love my tickle gun even if it's painful

SillyMaru

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3802-2361-4043
Range: A lot of people find it too slow, but I love it. Its hard to get the spacing right, but you get used to it. Also when some guy drops on you and you hit the direct, its the most satisfying thing ever lmao

Stamper (Only Vanilla, Neo is broing as hell): There are so many damage combos with the entire kit, and its such a versitile weapon that can easily switch playstyles mid-game. Also Zip is my fav special and sword works so well with it

Slosher:
I like making my controller feel like a fidget spinner
the flicks with bucket are so cool, its hard to learn but its so fun once you get used to it

Sunflower._.

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6460-5764-2418
I play Range Blaster mostly because I'm finally able to use it after 5-6 years of not being able to play it because of Splatoon 2 and it feels as fun like playing it in S1

Rapid Blaster Deco is also another one, the extra range, mobility and a kit that I really adore on it (I also like the Blue)

Beat0s

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-2512-8228-1908
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
i generally enjoy a lot of flexibility and self sufficiency so ive been gravitating towards the holy trinity of ‘this weapon is basically always going to be good’ shot, zap and 52.
although i was a 96 main near the end of s2 because that weapon felt quite good to play back then. s3 just plays so differently to s2 so 96 feels completely different so i stopped picking it

emon

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4681-6511-6715
Range and vshot because I’ve been playing both since 1 and they’re still good in these games lol.

Lemonquack

Inkling
NNID
Lemonquack
Switch Friend Code
SW-6336-1649-9784
I’m super non-committal, but I have the most XP on explo and that’s usually my answer to this question. Backline weapons are my thing, and something about the chip damage “you can’t hide” aspect of the weapon is so cool to me. I’m also a frequent enjoyer of vrapid, octobrush, slosher deco, blob deco, dread, machine neo, bpn, tent, vanilla stringer, and wiper/stamper :)

Rua

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0344-1515-1527
E-liter. Funny thing is, I never even went near chargers in S1 and S2. S1 I pretty much only played roller, S2 my main was .96.
A couple of weeks after S3 came out, I was just vibing in turf one night while waiting for my sleep meds to kick in (I have chronic insomnia), my husband told me I should try the liter for ****s and giggles since mahi was in rotation lol. Because I am a trash gremlin, I immediately fell in love with how outrageously cheap/annoying it was on most of the maps and decided that chargers were indeed my jam lmao 😂

I also main pencil now as well, as my team needed a cooler weapon when it became meta. I really did not like using it at first since I found it finicky, but once I got the hang of it I started to love it, and now it's my most used weapon in comp.

oofie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1430-4081-8061
Rapid deco cause torpedo and inkjet go hard

kalbs

Inkling
NNID
SW-6469-8409-867
Switch Friend Code
SW-6469-8409-8676
Wiper because it's cool and I get to have anime moments

Pick

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7056-3856-3502
with my team I'm pretty much always playing vshot. Its what the team wants/needs and I'm a shooter main so I love it.
I have a few side mains that I only really play in solo/group opens being vslosh, range, liter and if I'm feeling silly then maybe a bit of luna neo

antyytna

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2627-3241-7131
I am unfortunately hard stuck Shooter girl on my comp, with my favorite to play being NZap, but rn it's usually vshot. but in casual play I love playing Blasters and Rollers for variety. I am willing to pivot to Dualies but the only one worth running rn is vdualies which I am not fond of

theIceyKing

Inkling
NNID
zuesthefearful
Switch Friend Code
SW-7511-5686-7018
out of all the weapons, h3 has to be my favorite. i enjoy the satisfaction of hitting the full burst and hearing the sound and it looks like a cool weapon visually too :p

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Range Blaster because as long as your teammates have your six, you can really throw your weight around and pop off.

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
slosher, it’s versatile and has a high skill ceiling. i get to ignore ledges and walls, and flick shots are so satisfying

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom