What's your main weapon and why?

TooManyNachos

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7833-9020-0628
I main Octobrush since it's fast enough for me but still has slightly better range than inkbrush. I still use inkbrush whenever I'm feeling silly or just wanna zoom around though! I've been using brushes since Splatoon 1 and even after trying other weapons, I always go back to them because I find them really fun.

There's also Tri-stringer because I've gotten pretty good at it over time despite seeing so many people dislike it. I like watching people run into the popsicle-looking things.

turtle4k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6639-0317-3888
i was too young to really play s1 properly but in s2 i was a diehard bamboo main. now i play liter cause i like having a lot of range and being able to snipe people

ItsLilyUwU

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3640-1091-6735
I used to main Sloshing Machine but after it's firing rate nerf I switched to vanilla Slosher and I've loved it a lot since. It's a hard frontline weapon that teaches you how to abuse map layouts, learn weapon matchups, and to make the most of your weapon kit (the Strikes are overhated ngl). I've learned so much during my time of playing this weap and I don't plan to drop it anytime soon. Even with bad matchups like Squeezer / Naut rn the weap still manages to feel really strong and rewarding

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
I love nautilus so much, one of my favorite weapons ever. the charge hold just gives you so many options in terms of movement, its an insane main especially with its shot velocity. feels great to just go all out with.

other than that, i've also become a big reeflux fan lately. i've heard it being compared to mini before so thats probably part of it (former diehard mini main back when mini was good rip)

nauti

Inkling
NNID
YeltonLongNose
Switch Friend Code
SW-2741-1401-6436
vshot.
i know, i'm boring, and people are gonna smack talk me for it but ykw idgaf about it.
i played squeezer for the longest time (foil squeezer in s2 and vsqueeze in s3) and one day my coach recommended i tried vshot because i like playing aggressive and stuff

i overly like its fire rate, range, sub and special making it a really great jack of all trades weapon that i just can't pass up

smarfdurden

Inkling
My first weapon was Tri-Stringer so I stuck with it. I'm pretty good with it now and managed to get X rank with just the tri-stringer. Now that I reached X, i've been experimenting with other weapons and have been leaning towards splatana being my go-to weapon for a little while.

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
Splattershot Junior. I've used it in 1, 2, and now 3 a lot. I play aggressively but still want to support the team, so paint + bomb + defensive special = a happy me. Probably helps that I like the action of painting. I still suck at the game though, but thanks to the Splattershot Junior, I can have a good time. Thanks devs for creating the best weapon in the game to start with.

Ottoπ

Inkling
NNID
BC
Switch Friend Code
SW-3968-8948-0465
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
I'm a Neo Stamper main personally. I love the weapon because it makes more use of it's long reach compared to the Vanilla kit, which allows it to play in a more defensive and supportive way, which I really like. I also like the kit, as crab synergizes well with it, though Mist takes some getting used to. My other main is the Jet Squelcher, as I love the long range and Ink Vac helps my team get in for pushes, so it syncs well with my team comp. I just love these weapons and enjoy playing them.

Toastydew

Inkling
I have 4 mains which are the Jr(Custom), Squiffer, E-liter, and Bloblobber(Deco). I first mained the Blob when I first started 3 bc I saw a ton of people using it in turf war in Splat 2. I was mesmerized by it and loved the fact the blobs could BOUNCE off the walls. I recently started playing the Deco kit a lot and it REALLY suits my play style. I can move quite quickly with it (more than V Blob) and get quick splats or help my team with damage.

After the Custom Jr came out I decided to pick it up and quickly became to love it! Fast movement and good paint. Plus the wave breaker helped me a ton when in combat! Plus I loved the sub they gave custom Jr! It paints my feet when thrown, which provides me with fast movement as well. Really love that kit

After Blob and Jr I decided to learn to use a more skilled weapon, the E-liter. I always thought it was cool seeing ppl post their i charger trick shots and I wanted to try to do that too! I love how powerful it makes me feel when I get a quick splat from a flick. Makes me feel confident.
Then finally Squiffer, I decided to pick it up since I loved the E-liter and wanted to try using a quicker charger. Squiffer ofc having faster movement, quicker charge, and being able to charge it mid air just felt SO GOOD.

I have already 5 starred Jr, Squiffer, and E-liter and am currently working on Blob deco! I just love these weapons so much. The reason why I have 4 mains is bc I am horrible with using one thing repeatedly. I always have to swap around so I don’t feel bored

ToastyGhost

Inkling
NNID
IAmToastyGhost
Switch Friend Code
SW-4329-2911-2996
when i first saw the splat dualies in splatoon 2 i instantly loved them and wanted to play them (but i couldn't until s3 because i didn't have s2 or a switch). my favorite playstyle for games in general has always been "go fast short range/melee". they're one of the coolest weapons in the game in my opinion :D

my other two mains are range and sblast 91. i actually used to hate blasters with a burning passion until i got more into the community and learned their weaknesses and how to deal with them. then i decided to try crb in splatoon 1, loved it, and started playing range in s3.

sblast immediately intrigued me on launch, only for me to be devastated with its kit. i ended up 4 starring it, but i was playing it less and less until 91 (my beloved) came out with my DREAM KIT. burst combos feel FANTASTIC on this thing and having an actual special is amazing

Corvidae

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-8464-6511
I started as a DS main because those things are insane for low ranks and I love going zoom (they were also my s2 main [because the dualsquelcher was my s1 main]), I next started learning tetras because you can zoom even more and they’re less bad at killing, then wiper got it’s paint buff and I learned the fundamental truths of the universe and never looked back (ish). Vwiper is the most fun kit in the game and it has so much depth for skill expression and play making and cool movement, I am partial to frontline skirmishing and wiper does that the most fun while still having strong midline poke. It’s just so fun. I’ve also become a vdualies/enperries main because I learned that it’s actually really cool and fun not to have dogass kill time sometimes and since their roll buff they just feel so fast and fluid to play. I flex to way too many weapons but I always come back to my beloved weed smoking girlfriends Vwiper, Vdualies, and enperries at the end of the day because you really can’t beat how fun they are to play. Shout out to purpleSblast and vstamper for being also cool but too difficult for me to actually learn properly.

Deepsink

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5185-1960-7222
I love hearing why people choose their mains!! Also feel free to say when/why you started playing them

I'll start: I'm a dualie squelchers main because I love their mobility and versatility! They're also mechanically challenging so they never get boring. I started playing them a little over a year ago and they've pretty much been the only weapon I've played since
Used to be tri stringer, but i 5 starred it today and dropped it, its stamper/squiffer/tent now because i really enjoy the one shots and high skill level

Deepsink

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5185-1960-7222
I have notably had trouble finding my main weapon throughout the entirety of the series. I thought Blasters were my go-to, notably VBlast in S3, but something just wasn't clicking quite right. Then Hedit came out and. Yeah. I instantly flocked to it, it felt so perfect with how I wanted to play. Then I tried Pencil and became the local backliner because Pencil is backline god. I guess I found out that my true calling was backlining, not frontlining.
Ive been litteraly everywhere
Stamper->Tri stringer->Reeflux->96->Stamper->Squiffer -> Tent -> Tri stringer -> Stamper 😭😭

neebles

Inkling
:wst_roller_brushmini00:since splat1 because I have carpal tunnel and arthritis so if I drop a kill its never my fault 🙌

I don't even remember why I picked it up. I think I just thought it'd be funny to play the brush since I'm an illustrator

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
i don't even know anymore !!!!!!

i was born to main heavy edit but i'm mostly playing range blaster as of the past couple of weeks. i was supposed to give life but somehow the wires got crossed and now i take life instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom