• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your occupation?

DawnDinosaur

Full Squid
NNID
dragonghostangel
I'm curious to know what people on this forum are doing.

Are you a school student? University student- what are you studying? Do you work- what is your position? Chef? Mechanic? Doctor?

It'd be interesting to see people's answers. :)

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I literally sit on my *** all day and pray I'll get a job... But praying doesn't work so I just substitute it with playing video games.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I currently work for the City of Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development, doing basic administrative things and taking care of things no one else has time to deal with. Lately it's been slow, though. In June, I'll start a graduate internship with the DoD.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
My main occupation is school. Finals in March. I defnitely need a job.

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
Yeah I'm in high school right now, don't really do any sports or other programs, but this is mainly because I'm academic (actually number 1 in Science, Society and Environment and English) and therefore like to focus on my studies.

My target occupation is a radiographer.

DawnDinosaur

Full Squid
NNID
dragonghostangel
I literally sit on my *** all day and pray I'll get a job... But praying doesn't work so I just substitute it with playing video games.
Lol that's all good! What jobs have you been applying for?

I currently work for the City of Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development, doing basic administrative things and taking care of things no one else has time to deal with. Lately it's been slow, though. In June, I'll start a graduate internship with the DoD.
Sounds very official. What's DoD?

Well, I was a security guard... I had to leave in order to focus on school, which in hindsight was a bit boneheaded of me.
Aw why boneheaded? Are you doing tertiary education or still in high school?
My main occupation is school. Finals in March. I defnitely need a job.
Good luck with that! Don't rush with getting a job, you end up working the rest of your life anyway.

Yeah I'm in high school right now, don't really do any sports or other programs, but this is mainly because I'm academic (actually number 1 in Science, Society and Environment and English) and therefore like to focus on my studies.

My target occupation is a radiographer.
Nice! All the best with that. Radiography is pretty cool.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@DawnDinosaur

I say "boneheaded," because in hindsight I could've gotten away with staying on the job for another month before calling it quits. Heck, maybe even another after that.

I'm in college right now. Majoring in biology, looking to go either pre-med or pre-vet (leaning toward the latter). It ain't easy to stay in (academically and financially), but I've managed to do so somewhat successfully so far.

DawnDinosaur

Full Squid
NNID
dragonghostangel
@DawnDinosaur

I say "boneheaded," because in hindsight I could've gotten away with staying on the job for another month before calling it quits. Heck, maybe even another after that.

I'm in college right now. Majoring in biology, looking to go either pre-med or pre-vet (leaning toward the latter). It ain't easy to stay in (academically and financially), but I've managed to do so somewhat successfully so far.
Hey that's okay! Did you do well in school after quitting your job? Can you just try apply again or go for a different job?

Why are you leaning towards pre-vet rather than pre-med? I know both are very hard.

Industrial Electrician.
That's cool man. Liking your job?

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Lol that's all good! What jobs have you been applying for?
I applied to grocery stores and a bob evans, bob evans said they weren't hiring and yeah I called the one grocery store and it sound promising but you never know someone might take the job before me! ;m;

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hey that's okay! Did you do well in school after quitting your job? Can you just try apply again or go for a different job?
Well, we'll find out soon enough; I barely left last month. I like to think I do pretty well in my classes, but in reality I'm mostly average.

Why are you leaning towards pre-vet rather than pre-med? I know both are very hard.
Simple, really: I hate people, but I love animals.

...well, it's not that black-and-white. I just happened to (re-)discover my passion for living things over the last few years, and I feel like I should do my part to help them out.

Veterinary medicine being even tougher than human medicine, however, I must accept that it might not happen.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I'm an Early Childhood Educator. Love the job. Get paid 25$ an hour.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Currently a college student. I'm a bit unsure of what I want to pursue as a career, so I'm taking up General Studies right now. This semester, I'm in an Anthropology and World Civilization class. I hope to get into a Music Theory class in the Fall.

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
I'm currently in my last year of school and I'm a track athlete!
I have a job at a rest stop plaza & I love to play video games! That's all you need to know about this dude!

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I'm a high school student. But I hope to be able to move to the West Coast (I'm from NYC) to be able to use my voice in some video game and anime dubs. I also wish to become animator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom