• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your occupation?

DawnDinosaur

Full Squid
NNID
dragonghostangel
I've just finished high school as of December last year and I am going into university right at the end of this month, so I guess I'm currently a uni student. I'll be doing a Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood.
My little sister wants to do Bachelor of Primary education, I'm guessing they're similar? :) She didn't get the ATAR for it so she's doing a bridging course. I think it's a great decision.

Jonobabes

Inkling
NNID
super_slackster
I'm a night shift support worker. I help people with learning disabilities, autism, acquired brain injury, ADHD etc, live a slightly better life. :)

Celeste

Inkling
NNID
Celestefey
I'm in my final year of school this year, studying English Literature, English Language, and Philosophy. I'm going to university in September, though.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I teach english at a high school in Tokyo. I was planning on staying 2 years, but I may return to the US after I finish this first year as I don't think my heart is here.
I love the job, students, people I work with and the city I live in, but I feel quite detached from my roots.

DawnDinosaur

Full Squid
NNID
dragonghostangel
I teach english at a high school in Tokyo. I was planning on staying 2 years, but I may return to the US after I finish this first year as I don't think my heart is here.
I love the job, students, people I work with and the city I live in, but I feel quite detached from my roots.
Hey that's really cool, I wanted to do that some time ago when I was in high school as I was studying Japanese. I understand what you mean about not feeling really in place but at least it's an experience you'll never forget.

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
I don't have a job. All I do is sell HTML designs that I have created on the internet. It doesn't work very well as a job since I only get like 2 buyers every month.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I guess I'm kind of late to this thread, but I do boring legal work for a living.

Well, it's true that I don't find it that boring. I imagine that a lot of other people would though.

colormute

Inkling
NNID
neverosa
I work at a toy store (yes, that toy store). some people despise retail but it's really for me! as long as I know what I'm doing, I love selling things to interested guests. I like all the variety and staying on my feet, tho I get so exhausted when I get home lol... I work back of house almost as much as I do out on the floor, and that's its own brand of fun. it's like christmas back there sometimes. I also have a specialized role regarding the video games, tho I look like one of the last people that'd be as knowledgeable as I am about that subject. it's a fun job! hours are all over the place but I can see myself staying here for years to come

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I am soon going to get a full time job so I can safely say I am a licensed social worker. Well my actual job is related to the field for those with an MSW but I do have an LMSW. Got to start somewhere.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I'm a database administrator, despise the name I really like this job! I work with SQL Server and Oracle Databases, my customers are normally insurance companies in my country! :)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I'm in my last year of school right now, taking Further Maths, Physics and German A-Levels; from September or October, I'll be studying Maths at some university or other. Because I completed the Maths (not Further) A-Level last year and none of my university offers require four subjects, I could honestly completely drop German at this point if I so wanted, as it requires the greatest amount of work and is still probably going to be my worst grade. But I guess that since I've brought it this far, I may as well go for a good exam result to finish off.

Swirly

Inkling
NNID
umbra-avis
Freelance illustrator. I'm also just about to leave college and may study illustration at university. (hopefully that will work out haha!) I've actually been rather successful with it though I'm still looking for a part time job to even out the ends and make a more reliable income method.

D3ku

Inkling
NNID
Lucias64
I work at a cheese production plant that specializes in mozzarella and provolone. We produce over 40 vats of cheese a day, and 1 vat is slightly more than 5000 pounds. Pay is decent, but I plan on going to college or trade school within in the next 2-3 years.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Firefighter/EMT (freelance writer as well)
In a previous life I worked in advertising

UGA grad. Go Dawgs!

Princess Bubbie

Tiny lil' monster
NNID
Princess.Bubbie
Graduated College to be a high-school art teacher. However, no jobs for art teachers at all where I am at so I work at a Best Buy. >_> Eventually, I guess. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom