• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your Splashtag title?

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I always try and get a glimpse of my teammates and enemy team Splashtag titles whenever I play solo, so, out of curiosity, what is everyones Splashtag titles, and why'd you choose them?

I personally tend to change mine often, currently I've got mine set as "Self-Identified Robot", simply because I just like robots! I also tend to use "Summer-lovin Slosher user" since I main Tri-slosher Nouveau and dress like a dad on a beach vacation (...and don't have the Tri-slosher user title yet), "Procrastinating Maniac" because Splatoon is my go-to for procrastinating, and I rolled that full title during one of the times I was actually procrastinating, and "Ace Extrovert" for the joke.

Alternatively, what's a title you WANT to get but don't have yet? I really want "Fruit-lovin", "Currently Obsessed with", and "Sponsor", but I've yet to get any of them.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Self-Identified Queen
Frosty Heat Hater
Reckless Driver
Lovable Cupid
HA I really love Self-Identified Queen... While I love how Splat3 doesn't lock titles behind gender/style, I do wish they had something I could use WITH titles like "Self-Identified" to show I'm enby more clearly, but alas, I cannot

Also a fan of Reckless Driver lol, one of my common ones I forgot to list here is "Lethal Risk-Taker" because I do, indeed, like to take frequently lethal risks

nineball

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Mischievous Rival: it was the first title i could make that wasn't utter nonsense, and it has stuck with me ever since
Splatfest Battle's Salt: i think this one is self explanatory

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
i switch my game from english to spanish often which affects titles, but right now its "100% natural Sushi" (the title "Fully" translated to "100% natural" for some reason)
its that or "Lovely Life Itself" or "Long-Awaited Villain"

my dream prefix is probably So-Called since in spanish it translates to the suffix "(así me llaman)" [(that's what they call me)] which is really funny..... saw someone with the title "Kitten (that's what they call me)" and ive been wanting it since lol

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
i switch my game from english to spanish often which affects titles, but right now its "100% natural Sushi" (the title "Fully" translated to "100% natural" for some reason)
its that or "Lovely Life Itself" or "Long-Awaited Villain"

my dream prefix is probably So-Called since in spanish it translates to the suffix "(así me llaman)" [(that's what they call me)] which is really funny..... saw someone with the title "Kitten (that's what they call me)" and ive been wanting it since lol
Neat!! I love hearing about how the titles translate, so thank you for sharing that aspect!

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
I use "Virtual Egg" a lot because i like tamagotchis lol but im also a fan of "Actual Egg" or "Actual Fishball" because they sound silly. I just like the egg title lol

arias

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her or he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2421-7847-3701
the
Neat!! I love hearing about how the titles translate, so thank you for sharing that aspect!
yeah! im a little sad that some titles dont translate well to english though

for example im pretty sure in jp theres a "I LOVE" prefix, but in english it translates to "Lovely" iirc (and "in love" suffix in spanish)

i still think its very interesting to see each languages take on the title
wish they didnt butcher some of them though :,3

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
So-- I played Donkey Kong Country on the GBA and for years-- no actually, DECADES at this point, I've been thinking about the minigame that comes with that version, Funky's Fishing. It's pretty fun, but it's loaded with voice clips (as is a lot of GBA ports) and they are burned into my brain, chief among them when you do your best single catch of that round and you hear "Catch of the day!"

So when I learned it was a title in this game, I said "I can't not use that, that's me-- that's my life"
1707255482319.png

I really wish it was a right-side title, though. It's very awkward as a left-side, but I can only assume it's due to localization and it likely makes way more sense in Japanese.

I tend to rotate out my right-side whenever I get one I like or when I feel like it! Presently it's "Eel Tamer" because... well, it sounded like a good euphemism. 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom