• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what's your worst personal/ sports injury?

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I have two personal injuries and one sports injury that was really bad

the first personal injury was when I accidentally shot myself with a nail gun right in the finger, but it didn't affect any bones or my fingernail.

the second one happened today, I hit myself with a copper rod right on my jaw.

the sports one was when I was playing running back in football and then a huge defense of end came and tackled me from behind and almost breaking both of my shins

Beckett.

Senior Squid
nothing specific, but whenever im near a soccer ball i get hurt. those things are painful

Tereox

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Got an injury during a running competition cause I didn't do proper warmup (always do warmup before sports, especially before competitions!)

A day later my knee kind of just gave up on me and I couldn't walk for a while.

It was over 8 years ago and my knees are still not entirely recovered, I can't run long distances anymore.

Cephalobro

Getting shot by a paintball, after that day, I never tried paintball again. Those things hurt like heck. Worse yet, I almost got shot on my private part, which would've hurt so, so, so much more if I got hit there, that alone told me to never play paintball again.

Beckett.

Senior Squid
Getting shot by a paintball, after that day, I never tried paintball again. Those things hurt like heck. Worse yet, I almost got shot on my private part, which would've hurt so, so, so much more if I got hit there, that alone told me to never play paintball again.
paintball almost became painballs

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
remind me to never play splatoon irl

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
yeah, my brother's boss (my brother is 17 years old) got shot near the eye while playing air soft with his nephews, but yet I have two Bebe guns of my own (one looks like a revolver which I like)

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i have fallen down many stairs and gotten a few pretty bad injuries from being stupid tripping on steps
now i just jump down them so that i dont have to trip on myself trying to walk down them
maybe i should have talked about an injury from something cool and not being an idiot but i cant remember that ever happening. i actually remember more times i accidentally caused someone elses injury and that may be a problem

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
i have fallen down many stairs and gotten a few pretty bad injuries from being stupid tripping on steps
now i just jump down them so that i dont have to trip on myself trying to walk down them
maybe i should have talked about an injury from something cool and not being an idiot but i cant remember that ever happening. i actually remember more times i accidentally caused someone elses injury and that may be a problem
I am sorry if I sound mean, but your injury falling down stairs is halairous.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
In the third grade we were playing kickball. i was running to first base, but at first base there was a big metal poll. i smashed my head into it running at full speed. i remember blacking out for a few seconds and waking up with my teacher and entire class looking down at me. later in the day i was diagnosed with a minor concussion and threw up at the doctors office

heres a better one. about 3-5 months ago i got into skateboarding, i was practicing at the skating park and decided to try going down a big steep ramp for the first time, it took awhile to hype myself up but eventually i sent it. i fell from the top, and i put my hand out to break my fall, my wrist took everything. this was the worst pain i have ever experienced. somehow i didn’t break anything, but i have never skated since then

Last edited:

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
I am sorry if I sound mean, but your injury falling down stairs is halairous.
it is kinda funny
the worst one that happened from that is when i got my leg caught in the bars holding up the railing while i was falling down the stairs and broke it. it also completely changed the trajectory of the fall and was now falling backwards
big ouch

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
In the third grade we were playing kickball. i was running to first base, but at first base there was a big metal poll. i smashed my head into it running at full speed. i remember blacking out for a few seconds and waking up with my teacher and entire class looking down at me. later in the day i was diagnosed with a minor concussion and threw up at the doctors office

heres a better one. about 3-5 months ago i got into skateboarding, i was practicing at the skating park and decided to try going down a big steep ramp for the first time, it took awhile to hype myself up but eventually i sent it. i fell from the top, and i put my hand out to break my fall, my wrist took everything. this was the worst pain i have ever experienced. somehow i didn’t break anything, but i have never skated since then
that just reminded me of when i basically got body slammed into the ground(other details left out). my head was hurting too bad to think for multiple days
also my parents hate bringing people to the doctor so that didn’t help

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
oof, there was a time when I was in Kindergarten and a whole projector screen fell right on top of my head and then I placed my hand where it fell on and then saw the blood and screamed so loud that the whole school heard me scream in terror and pain and then a few moments later I got a staple put right on my head to help close the wound, I still have the dent from the projector screen falling on me, and from that day till now I am afraid to go near a projector screen, also in fourth grade a baseball hit me right on the eye.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
that just reminded me of when i basically got body slammed into the ground(other details left out). my head was hurting too bad to think for multiple days
also my parents hate bringing people to the doctor so that didn’t help
who body slamed u?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I haven't done enough sports to get injured by them but I was in a car wreck a few years ago and while I was pretty okay all things considered (especially for how destroyed the car was) I did have some small fractures in my chest (the seatbelt doing its job; I'll take it any day over going through the window lol) and a badly sprained ankle. The hardest part was that I needed crutches to get around on my ankle but crutches require so much of your chest muscles and I couldn't really use those very well either, so I kind of just crawled around on the floor pathetically for a week. Then, because I am a crazy person, I went to a con, because I already had hotels/etc booked and I wasn't going to miss it. By then at least I could use my crutches well enough to get around slowly and I remember the con staff was just so nice to me; they let me use the staff-only elevators and several times they pulled me out of long lines and let me into panels/events/etc early so I could sit down and not have to stand as much. It was such a good experience after such a harrowing event and painful week.

The funniest injury I ever had though was when, at 6am making breakfast before work, I was trying to stab the pit of an avocado to get it out and uh.... stabbed right into my hand instead. It went terrifyingly deep but the knife was so sharp it thankfully healed very cleanly and didn't cut anything important. That was my first time getting stitches though, hah.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I haven't done enough sports to get injured by them but I was in a car wreck a few years ago and while I was pretty okay all things considered (especially for how destroyed the car was) I did have some small fractures in my chest (the seatbelt doing its job; I'll take it any day over going through the window lol) and a badly sprained ankle. The hardest part was that I needed crutches to get around on my ankle but crutches require so much of your chest muscles and I couldn't really use those very well either, so I kind of just crawled around on the floor pathetically for a week. Then, because I am a crazy person, I went to a con, because I already had hotels/etc booked and I wasn't going to miss it. By then at least I could use my crutches well enough to get around slowly and I remember the con staff was just so nice to me; they let me use the staff-only elevators and several times they pulled me out of long lines and let me into panels/events/etc early so I could sit down and not have to stand as much. It was such a good experience after such a harrowing event and painful week.

The funniest injury I ever had though was when, at 6am making breakfast before work, I was trying to stab the pit of an avocado to get it out and uh.... stabbed right into my hand instead. It went terrifyingly deep but the knife was so sharp it thankfully healed very cleanly and didn't cut anything important. That was my first time getting stitches though, hah.
number one, that was nice of the con staff to let you do those things and number two, ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom