• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

When is it ever worth leaving a lobby?

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I leave lobby's
When I get revenge on an annoying sniper and don't want the to re-revenge me or something
Wanna change my weapons
Someone has a slow connection
Someone super jumps with rainmaker
Wasn't super jumping with rainmaker patche because I saw someone do it esarlier

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I didn't know you could even do that.

What I always don't understand in RM is when my team pops the shield....and I see them pick up the RM and I frantically go forward trying to carve a path for them. And they don't follow. And then I look back wondering where they are. And then check the gauge and see it's the other color and half-way into our base. How did we lose the RM? I never even saw it say we lost the RM. How did it get into enemy hands? I see that happen a lot in RM.

That's surely a lobby to leave :P

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Oh and I leave whenever our team is winning and suddenly "Connection Unstable" appears.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I didn't know you could even do that.

What I always don't understand in RM is when my team pops the shield....and I see them pick up the RM and I frantically go forward trying to carve a path for them. And they don't follow. And then I look back wondering where they are. And then check the gauge and see it's the other color and half-way into our base. How did we lose the RM? I never even saw it say we lost the RM. How did it get into enemy hands? I see that happen a lot in RM.

That's surely a lobby to leave :p
If your connection is extremely slow after grabbing the rainmaker it takes time to register you have picked it up in that time you can super jump and the rainmaker will appear in your hands mid super jump it was patched 2.7.0 but like o said someone did it earlier so idk any more

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I suppose there's the other problem. When the WHOLE team is the dead weight. Which seems frequent for me :( :p

Like TC in Moray the other day....my team would splat enemies off the tower. But they would not get on the empty tower themselves. Not EVER. So naturally the score was like 38-98 the whole match (until the big push where the enemy managed to narrow it to like 3-98 :rolleyes:. I saw lobby after lobby of that very same thing that day.

(And yes, I did try riding, but since I had eliter, we can guess how far I got most rounds except the one where the enemy was equally bad and I was able to ride it all the way to KO and even shot some of them on the way :p )

What gets me though is that this is in ALL LOBBIES - switching every time, and the team compositions seem to be the same between each. Like the matchmaker is INTENTIONALLY pairing it that way.
I hate nothing more than that. I mean I specialize in long-range weapons too, so I have to admit, I don't fuction well when I ride the tower either, and I have to admit, I often don't do it because it seems stupid for me to do it with the weapon I'm using. But way too often there are short-ranged weapon users, often even with bubblers or krakens in their arsenal, who refuse to take one for the team and ride the bloody tower.
get that riding it is ****. You're limited to a minimal amount of space, you can't change your travel route, you die very often and very quickly, defending yourself is very difficult, landing kills is too etc. I hate riding it too. But in the end of the day, those who honestly should be riding it because their arsenal is more up to the task just prefer playing aggressively against the opponents instead to keep the death ratio low and their kill ratio high, simply so they don't seem useless. People pay too much attention to the K/D ratio. A high death count is nothing unusual for the ones who carry the rainmaker or ride the tower, but it's nothing people want to see on their result screen. The result screen doesn't show how much each member helped the objective to progress in his team's favor after all. It only shows who killed more and died less, so that's all that matters to them.

Last edited:

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
I leave whenever I am playing terribly. When ever this happens I play turf war for the rest of my session or just stop playing altogether. Whenever I see some gear that I like, I go to spyke and order it. I just leave and join another lobby whenever I find someone who's just deadweight. (Squid parties, afk players or someone who isn't pushing the objective at critical moments)

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I hate nothing more than that. I mean I specialize in long-range weapons too, so I have to admit, I don't fuction well when I ride the tower either, and I have to admit, I often don't do it because it seems stupid for me to do it with the weapon I'm using. But way too often there are short-ranged weapon users, often even with bubblers or krakens in their arsenal, who refuse to take one for the team and ride the bloody tower.
get that riding it is ****. You're limited to a minimal amount of space, you can't change your travel route, you die very often and very quickly, defending yourself is very difficult, landing kills is too etc. I hate riding it too. But in the end of the day, those who honestly should be riding it because their arsenal is more up to the task just prefer playing aggressively against the opponents instead to keep the death ratio low and their kill ratio high, simply so they don't seem useless. People pay too much attention to the K/D ratio. A high death count is nothing unusual for the ones who carry the rainmaker or ride the tower, but it's nothing people want to see on their result screen. The result screen doesn't show how much each member helped the objective to progress in his team's favor after all. It only shows who killed more and died less, so that's all that matters to them.
Yes, this exactly. It feels like the majority of players these days, at least in the A's where I've been raising my 2nd alt and keep getting denied S due to the losing streak syndrome, are good SPLATTING players, but very, very poor objective players. (while the opposing team is well balanced, match after match.) They get good k/d's sometimes still not as good as mine, and sometimes waay better than mine making me look like the dead weight. But the problem was they avoided the objective like the plague. Walked around the occupied zone - did not ink it at ALL. We're talking - I had the enemy penned in in their base, ONE was in the wild, my teammates were ALL standing right next to the zone....and not one of them bothered to ink it. Not just to claim it but even stop the counter from going down for the enemy team! So I had to leave and go ink it myself, letting the enemy take back their base. But of course they all had better k/d than me...? I just don't get how these people end up in upper ranks if they seem oblivious to the objectives. I suppose squads....but...still. Then in S/S+ squads i have the opposite problem. The room is stacked with S+ and I become the weak link :P

Somehow it's just how I get paired in the game. I was playing TW the other day, and I was always the team's top inker. I was using a bamboozler!?

The epidemic of players that play only to play deathmatch and abandon the objective has become much worse below S/S+. S is a happy medium and against S+ I just plain get outplayed often enough.

I just leave and join another lobby whenever I find someone who's just deadweight. (Squid parties, afk players or someone who isn't pushing the objective at critical moments)
So, after every game then? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom