Female she/her
The present because yes I like the current splatoon game
AND OFF THE HOOK
sad that my favorite idol isn’t on this team tho

technobyte

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm picking team future. I really like the time skips between splatoon 2 and 3 and getting to see how turf wars, weapons, the fashion, and the characters age and evolve. It makes the splatoon world feel more dynamic for me, and I can't wait to see what splatoon 4 holds for the future of the series. I also like futuristic things in general. One day we'll have (affordable and convenient) hoverboards, one day...

Even though we're fighting against one another, I wish the other teams good luck. Seeing the past or staying in the present wouldn't be too bad either. Remember to have fun!

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm leaning heavily towards future right now but I might change my mind later.

woomy.exe

Inkling
Honestly I just want past or future to win. Those have so much potential for incredible ideas, like fighting in the Great turf war, or seeing how inkling society changes over a larger time frame. I think if present wins, it'll just be "more of the same" and that doesn't seem as fun.

Cephalobro

Honestly I just want past or future to win. Those have so much potential for incredible ideas, like fighting in the Great turf war, or seeing how inkling society changes over a larger time frame. I think if present wins, it'll just be "more of the same" and that doesn't seem as fun.
Plus, it's high time to give Octarians proper development, not just be story fodder for the single-player mode and then forgotten about once said mode is either beaten or 100% completed. A setting in the present will just keep them away from the surface world again.

A story set in the past could bring us back to the events of Splatoon 1, but this time, the hub is an Octarian dome, and the story mode will be in the point of view of the Octarians, perhaps a group of Octarians looking to build a new city on the surface and they need qualified bodyguards due to a new threat stopping them, as well as the threat that the Squidbeak Splatoon poses.

A story set in the future could have us finally see Inklings and tentacle Octarians in the same hub. Nintendo is perfectly capable of creating an antagonistic group that's not just another version of the Octarians as seen with the Salmonids and the Jelletons. The story mode would be a completely new group of antagonists that started stealing the city's money, and a Splatoon of Octarians led by DJ Octavio's descendent recruits the new player character to go and recover it from the new antagonist.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'm struggling hard with picking a team because i'm trying to consider like a million bajillion angles at once:
  • taking the question alone and picking which of the three i consider most important
  • interrogating myself as to whether my choice for the above is actually what i think is most important or if it's the mental illness talking
  • trying to pick based on what i think each choice might mean for future installments
  • actively trying not to pick based on future installment speculation because any of these themes could be taken in any direction and, like with order, the losing themes might show up anyway in DLC or something
  • repping my girls in OTH ❤❤❤ but i also like the squisters... and deep cut.... oh no i can't pick based on idol affinity either
  • picking based on which real life splatfest tee i want to wear the most
  • convincing myself i need to pick a team NOW so i can preorder a tee NOW or they might SELL OUT and i'll NEVER GET ONE
i'm leaning towards past or present. but idk.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm very close to just choosing Future.
Deepcut is my favorite idol group, I want to see the series move forward and change a lot from the three previous games, and I have a problem with always thinking about the future so I guess that would be the most important to me.
I still think there's plenty of reasons to choose Past or Present though.

Cephalobro

Here's what I think, if we do get a Splatoon game based on the future, both the past and the present concepts can still be visited via DLC because in the future, both of the former have already happened.

While we still could get a DLC based on the past with a Splatoon game set on the present, unfortunately, the future DLC would just be a hypothetical event, which would be kind of boring.

A Splatoon game taking place in the past would make both present and future DLCs hypothetical events.

Now, of course, a time machine would fix the problem of the events being hypothetical, which I see is the only way for all three to be accounted for if Past or Present wins and still be counted as canon.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'm struggling hard with picking a team because i'm trying to consider like a million bajillion angles at once:
  • taking the question alone and picking which of the three i consider most important
  • interrogating myself as to whether my choice for the above is actually what i think is most important or if it's the mental illness talking
  • trying to pick based on what i think each choice might mean for future installments
  • actively trying not to pick based on future installment speculation because any of these themes could be taken in any direction and, like with order, the losing themes might show up anyway in DLC or something
  • repping my girls in OTH ❤❤❤ but i also like the squisters... and deep cut.... oh no i can't pick based on idol affinity either
  • picking based on which real life splatfest tee i want to wear the most
  • convincing myself i need to pick a team NOW so i can preorder a tee NOW or they might SELL OUT and i'll NEVER GET ONE
i'm leaning towards past or present. but idk.
okay, heavily leaning towards present now

actual theme: trying to convince myself to be most concerned with the present instead of longing for the past or going "it'll be better in the future" without doing anything to bring a better future. i will only be 24 once. we ball. etc etc

splatoon 4 speculation: tbh, i don't think they'd do this theme if they had something Really Cool planned for past and future but present was just gonna be the same thing again. like i said, the themes can mean anything. so i'm trying not to worry too hard about it

other: i like the present shirt. also while i like all the idol groups i am a little biased towards OTH

will think on it a lil more though. but not too long hopefully, i gotta buy my shiiiiiiirt

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
I mean, realistically I'd want to choose future but I'm not sure what that means for the game. And I think that goes for all of the options. If it's the style for the new game, then alright I can see future or past winning because the ideas both sound cool. Like imagine a game with whole new weapons, sub weapons and specials, but they're all futuristic or primative versions of current specials. One lowkey does sound cooler than the other to me at least.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
While I think in terms of what my gut reaction is, I'd be team Future, but wanting to be on OTH's side + Present is a very close second contender for my favorite team + So far all of my friends have said they're on team Present, I think I'm pretty dead certain I'm going to be team Present. Really the only team I'm not into at all is team Past, I'm not huge on the Squid Sisters and I'm a firm believer of living in the present + working for the future, so. yknow! I do think it's a little funny that OTH is team Present, while I get that they wanted the idol groups in order, they DEFINITELY should've been team Future lmao

Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
weirdly I'm hoping that Past loses because based off of Side Order I suspect the Past-based DLC might involve more of that Great Turf War. If it wins, though, I'd love to see rockabilly splatoon, or showa era splatoon; we've already got 80's vibes (octo expansion) and splatoon in general has 90's and y2k vibes. Seeing something more 50's-60's could be interesting.

Personally tho I'm voting Present bc I like the current splatoon world ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom