• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which Inkling Color and Gender are you Maining?

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
My only major disappointment with this game is the lack of hairstyle diversity.

I would consider using the male more if he didn't have the ponytail style.

Solbliminal

Inkling
Would be nice to have that level of customization on both ends, in all honesty. Perhaps if there is enough demand for it, it could be a thing they would consider for future content. Though, it would suck to have to pay for customization DLC for something as simple as hairstyles when it should already be an existing feature for the game.

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
Green female cause the male hairstyle is weird. I have really standard hair, but if I had to choose, long hair >>> ponytail.

Reactions: Lyn

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
I'll probably be going with the blue girl Inkling because I love the color blue and I think the female Inkling is the better design. Can't wait to customize my character!

Xeiros

Senior Squid
I'll certainly use a female inkling. As for anything else. I'll decide that on the 29th. Regardless of what color scheme I go with, I won't be able to use it all the time in matches anyway so I'm too concerned about it.

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
I'm seriously loving the teal. So I'm going to go with that and the inkling girl. As far as apparel and accoutrements go, we'll see when the game comes out and we can check it out for ourselves. I expect to spend a good amount of time in there. Character customization, especially when it's deep, always hooks me in! I'm really excited! :D

I also really love the standard orange inkling girl as well, but I'm going to try out teal first.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Female inkling all the way! Don't really like the look of the male inklings as much.

The orange color is growing on me after seeing how nice the amiibo looks with it :scared:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Green or Purple. I will play both female and male, not sure why I'd want to restrict myself with one.

TotesTim

Inkling
I usually pick male, but the female inklings have better hairstyles, so I'm leaning towards female at the moment. Color will be a grass green if we're able to pick. I'm not too fond of the olive green that shows up in-game, but oh well.

StarKun

Full Squid
cyan female

the moment my brother pointed out that it looks like miku (and my favorite color is blue) I was dead set on squidku

Nurematsu

Inkling
NNID
Nurematsu
I'm still trying to decide whether I will make a boy or a girl Inkling, but if I do get to choose the default color, I'm probably going to go with purple. Green would be my second choice.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I think I'll go for a blue male inkling. Unfortunately I'm not the biggest fan of the male's hairstyle and I really wish you could change it up. The female inkling does look far better to me, but I'm not sure. Maybe there will be some more information about customisation before the game releases.

If you can change your personal inkling whenever you feel like it, I'll probably just swap between male, female and a few colours from time to time simply to switch it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom