• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which level did you like more in the demo?

?

• Total voters

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Saltspray Rig for sure. Felt much more lively to me, not to mention it felt very easy to spawn camp in Walleye Warehouse. I ended up playing on Saltspray Rig far more than Walleye, so perhaps that's another reason why I preferred it, but every match I playedon Walleye ended up with my team spawn camping the other and it wasn't all that fun.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Walleye Warehouse reminds me of Arena from Smite, there's a strong emphasis on fighting but you still need to focus on the objectives (both even have easy to ignore side areas that are important for gaining an advantage). But I like Saltspray Rig better, there's more room to move around and a fight can break out anywhere, while with Walleye Warehouse you're always in the middle. Trying to gain control of the bottom, fighting near the lifts, splatting a sniper from behind, fighting around the crates at the top, there's a lot of options on Saltspray Rig.

Wil

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wilemina
I kept falling into the sea in Saltspsray Rig, must learn to look down every now and then >.< But I think the 2 arenas show how diverse the arenas are going to be.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I kept falling into the sea in Saltspsray Rig, must learn to look down every now and then >.< But I think the 2 arenas show how diverse the arenas are going to be.
I was pretty shocked the first time I fell off, for some reason I didn't expect it to be possible. God knows why.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Rollers are not much of a problem if you know your place against them. Don't get close, and hit them from a distance. Use the high ground to your advantage as well. They can't really get to you very well that way. Grenades also help too.
Well they're a huge problem for me
They're just too fast I can't react fast enough, I guess I'll get better when the game comes out and I'll know how to deal with rollers but really I just can't beat those

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Well they're a huge problem for me
They're just too fast I can't react fast enough, I guess I'll get better when the game comes out and I'll know how to deal with rollers but really I just can't beat those
Yeah, just keep your eye out for them, and adjust accordingly. I tend to be more cautious around rollers, that way they don't get the jump on me.

Trevor

Inkling
As someone who primarily used the charger I preferred the Warehouse. I was usually in the center of the map swimming around popping out and getting kills when I could and quickly covering any areas with ink when needed.

On the Saltpray ring however, the action was more spread out and scarce. Since the charger is more of a killing weapon then a ink covering weapon is what a little hard to do well there.

However when I used the Roller, that thing does wonder on the Saltspray ring. So what I learned is your weapon choice really goes beyond simply what you prefer and you'll have to think about what map is suited for each weapon type.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
I much preferred the warehouse because it felt like CTF_Turbine from TF2. It was really simple and team battles were abundant. It also allowed for ome interesting back-dooring tactics with the Roller.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Playing roller, I like them equally! Rig is fun for the halls and larger areas, but Warehouse is also fun for the combat at the center. I love how you have to approach the maps with a different strategy and mindset. They both set up situations that wouldn't happen in the other, etc.

Ice

Inkling
I'm more of a fun of Warehouse. Saltspray Rig feels like it never has any action in it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Saltspray rig for sure on my end. I love the design more and the better sniping locations. Felt much more useful as a charger class on that map.

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
Changing my vote to the Rig. So much fun when you know the layout and the best places to go.

EvilPinkamina

Inkling
NNID
EvilPinkamina
Saltspray Rig was fun for me because there were 3 main points of the map that you wanted to control, and it wasn't as straight of a corridor as Warehouse.

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
After playing the demo for the 3rd time, I can say that I liked Saltspray rig more. The problem with Walleye Warehouse is that there's a choke point on the second slop that's easily abused. More often than not, Taking control of that point makes your team win very easily. Saltspray Rig is much more fun There are alot of small hallways that can net you easy points but you cant stay there because the map is so big that even if you control those hallways you can still lose. It's more a battle of control and less a battle about chaos.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Saltspray rig for sure on my end. I love the design more and the better sniping locations. Felt much more useful as a charger class on that map.
I can only imagine how much more efficient it'll be once we have the full game and can add scopes!

Skyward

Inkling
NNID
Skyward9
Saltspray Rig was the most fun for me (anyone see the pattern yet?). It has multiple areas you need to keep control of unlike Walleye Warehouse where everyone meets at the centre, and for a Charger it has a few good spots for sniping and is probably the map where that loadout shines best so far.
Walleye Warehouse isn't a bad map however, and the areas to the sides make for good flanking positions that I found was under-utilised during the Global Test Fire.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I want to bring something up about Rig. Am I wrong or is it impossible to reach the enemy base area? If so I think someone should really ink the entire area. easy and free points. like many have noticed, many players just barrel towards the frontlines and don't even ink around the spawn...

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
I want to bring something up about Rig. Am I wrong or is it impossible to reach the enemy base area? If so I think someone should really ink the entire area. easy and free points. like many have noticed, many players just barrel towards the frontlines and don't even ink around the spawn...
I've noticed this too. As far as I know, there is no way to reach the enemies base. Or at least, nobody has ever tried.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I've noticed this too. As far as I know, there is no way to reach the enemies base. Or at least, nobody has ever tried.
Well, iirc there's two ways off the spawn platform. One drops you near the halls, the other is one of the open areas. I think maybe ink could be shot up there with a charger, but have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom