Which weapon kits would you want (or wouldn't want) to return in S4?

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
It's been a while since we've had any kit discussion here (should be pretty obvious why that is) so I wanted to see if there were any kits that everyone would want to come back (or not) in the next game.
While we don't know which specials will return, there's usually been a new special that takes up a similar role. Splashdown from S2 being reworked into Reefslider is an example of that.
This doesn't have to include the entire kit either. I personally want Dread with Suction Bomb in the next game but obviously I don't want Reefslider or any Splashdown type special on the kit.

My other choices shouldn't be very hard to figure out.
Machine Neo should come back with Point Sensor and another long ranged special that will benefit from having a tracking sub. The same goes for CRB having Splat Bomb and a transformation special.
I'm not too sure about whether or not I want vMachine to come back again with both Fizzy and Booyah though. I do want Fizzy on Machine again but I wouldn't mind having another special besides Booyah Bomb. If third kits actually happen in S4 then I want Fizzy/Booyah on vMachine again but if that's not the case then I'd prefer something else like Crab.

For kits that I absolutely do not want to come back in any form, I only have one.
Dread D needs to NEVER happen again. It was already terrible the first time, it's not going to work the second time.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
I'll go over every sword. Let's just assume that "Keep" here means that the subweapon stays the exact same and the special has a similar idea.

Splatana Wiper - Torpedo + Entry Special - Keep

The biggest no-brainer on the list. Torpedo is absolutely perfect for this weapon. The fact that it tracks enemies is great on its own but Wiper's speed, range, and limited ability to poke over ledges make a Splatana Wiper one of the scariest Torpedo weapons to be up against if you get hit by one. As long as the entry special is more flexible, even if it's weaker, I think Wiper will be able to make good use out of it for the same reasons Ultra Stamp works for me. I think Wiper would be in an okay to good spot with any of the more aggressive specials in the game except for literally Reefslider which should speak volumes.

Splatana Wiper Deco - Squid Beakon + Displacement / Location Special - Replace

I'll defend this kit more than most people. It's very weird, but that's not inherently a bad thing. Weirder kits are nice on the off chance that different strategies from the norm become meta or if a certain special becomes meta and a comp happens to need that special in addition to everything else unique a Squid Beakon Wiper would give. The issue is that there are already way too many midlines with Squid Beakon including the Dualie Squelchers, which I would argue mind having it less than Splatana Wiper. If you were to bring back Squid Beakon, the special would need to be more distinctly different than whatever Dualie Squelchers end up having. Either that or you get rid of Squid Beakon on Dualie Squelchers which I'm not a fan of personally.

Splatana Stamper - Burst Bomb + Entry Special (?) / Angle Shooter + Zipcaster - Keep

I don't think this is as easy as Wiper because it's harder to visualize what Zipcaster is meant to do with Stamper. I'd like to imagine they'd bring Zipcaster back to Splatoon 4, but if they do then it's worth noting that the developers have not done a single kit in Splatoon 3 that repeats both the exact sub and special from a previous game. Things like CRB get closest but Kraken Royale is still meant to be a "fresh take" on Kraken, which Zipcaster probably wouldn't be in this case. What I imagine we'd get in that case would be...Angle Shooter Zipcaster. Cool??? Stamper's a strong main weapon so it'd be an okay kit but man would it feel awful to use compared to Burst Bomb.

Otherwise, if Zipcaster is indeed meant to be an entry tool, it's harder to imagine any specials in this game or any previous one that would fit Stamper quite as well as Zipcaster does. Kraken Royale would be really cool and we'll definitely have something like that in the next game but what else even is there? Triple Splashdown would be weird, Ultra Stamp would be weird, Reefslider would be VERY weird, and so on. I think any of those would be alright just from how strong Burst Bomb Stamper is, enough so to the point where I'm okay with saying to keep it, but again might run into the issue of feeling weaker than Splatoon 3's version.

Splatana Stamper Nouveau - Toxic Mist + Long-Range Special - Keep

Hesitant to say this but I think Stamper Nouveau's current kit, even with a different special, is a cool change of pace next to vanilla and I would be fine seeing it back. The big question though is whether or not we'd want a more explicitly supportive Stamper kit...honestly, I'll pass if it's up to Nintendo for what that means. The only one of those that I could see being too much better than what we got in this game would require it to have Fizzy Bomb which you could argue Nintendo wouldn't do for it because it's extremely similar to Burst Bomb. Plus just imagine it with any other long-range special we have, or maybe displacement depending on what you think Crab Tank is built for on this kit. Inkjet? Ink Storm? Killer Wail? Trizooka? Even picturing those specials when they were worse off they'd all still be great fits for Stamper. Just buff Toxic Mist really, the synergy is great there in theory but we've not yet gotten to see it because it's bad in this game.

Mint Decavitator - Suction Bomb + Supportive Special - Replace

This is the only weapon on this list where I'm pretty confident what we're getting in Splatoon 4 will be different anyways unless Big Bubbler specifically returns. What Big Bubbler does for this weapon feels incredibly specific and difficult to recreate and Suction Bomb's purpose over other bombs on this kit entirely hinges on how long it can control space for. You need it to hold spots over ledges for longer so it isn't as easy to shred when the opponents have any kind of high ground over it. If they were to give this thing Fizzy Bomb and a supportive special then maybe that'd be cool and I could see it since none of this weapon's kits have anything combo-oriented for subs, but honestly it could be more interesting to give it some entry tool special instead.

Charcoal Decavitator - Splash Wall + Long-Range Special - Keep

It's hard to imagine the Decavitator with any other subweapon that isn't a bomb except for Splash Wall and any of the examples listed for Stamper would also be great here. The one issue is that there might be nothing for displacement in the Splatana class unless Wiper Deco just got a different subweapon and kept something like Missiles. If something else has displacement, keep this as is. Otherwise you could give Decavitator something. Bottom line is that the kit centers a lot around Splash Wall and you should absolutely let it stay on this weapon. It's so nice for midlines or for just pinning yourself to a spot while teammates push in to help you.

solz

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
Inkling/Tower Control
I want the spLatoon 2 spLoosh-o-matic Splashdown and curling bomb 😋 :wst_shot_short00:

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It’s an interesting question. The easy part is kits I don’t want to see return; vSwig, Dread D, and Neo Splash, to name a few.

The question is really which kits I think should return to the next game. In this regard, I’m quite picky. I’m not one to jump at “kit is good and high synergy so kit should come back.” In a game with so much kit imperfection, kits are an easy tool to balance which weapons will and won’t be seen in the meta. Assuming sub weapons are not perfectly balanced (because they won’t be), here are a few kits that I think should return in the future:

Splash-o-matic w/ Burst Bomb + transformation special

Dynamo Roller w/ Sprinkler + support special

Bamboozler w/ Fizzy Bomb + entry special

Splat Brella w/ Autobomb + recall special

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
pleasepleasepleaseplease bring back Splat/Crab Heavy Edit Splatling, I would kill gods for it.
Replace Splat Bomb with Suction or something else if you must, but please, poking tool/long range special Edit is so so fun.

If we're including non-S3 kits then I also really really really want Auto/Inkjet Octobrush back. Zipcaster Octobrush is also really fun, maybe combine those two kits.

Also Splash Wall Heavy Splatling. I don't even care what the special is, give me my midline fighting Heavy back. I would make Wall/Reefslider Heavy work.

Vidknight

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Splat roller with curling is a definite keep. This main and sub combo is just perfect in every single way, in fact I unironically think that this is the best main, sub combo is the entire game. Roller can just shark behind a curling when nobody is paying attention and just get some juicy picks.

Another is rapid blaster with torp. torp comboing with rapid is not only incredibly hype to hit, and skillful. But it also has a purpose which is allowing rapid to protect it self in close range encounters. As a added bonus there is the location effect of torp which can locate anyone sharking.

Burst on jet and/or dousers. I feel that jet is meant to be a more aggro backline which trade range for keeping up with it team. So burst allows for jet to combo with jet and other weapons. Everything I said here can also apply to dousers dualies. I'm fine with burst returing on one of these, preferably both

Honorable mention to burst on s-blast. Burst is a good sub on the weapon the only problem here is how the combo is a little bit to inconsistent to hit. Don't get me wrong I love s-blast 91, but I do wish that the long range mode damage is increased a bit.

As for what I don't want to come back there is not much, but I do have a couple

Undercover with inkmine, guys... how did undercover get inkmine twice? This combo doesn't work at all I see like one hyper specific niche for this combo, and thats it. This main, sub combo sucks and blow.

This one is more broad I would say, but it something that been happening for every single splatoon game and it need to be put to an end. Splash wall on roller, any roller. We tried this on splat roller in splat 1 it didn't work, we tried this on Flingza it didn't work, we tried this on big swig and surprise it didn't work. Splash wall on roller should not happen it never work, it never will work. This includes the new roller in splat 4 don't.

Grushi

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
For kits I want to see return I've been beat to the chase by @OnePotWonder here lol, I wanted to put all of these on my list. Heck, they could port vsplash sorella brella and bamboo 2 as is into the next game and I'd be SO happy.

Tent + Beakon/ Mine:
I just want tent to get these subs forever, I think they're perfect for it, and it gives it some unique niche of having mines and beakons on a frontline, which typically doesn't work.

Recycled Brella + Big Bubbler/ Triple Splashdown:
I'd be surprised if big bubbler came back, but if they bring back any of these I want it on recycled again, they have really good synergy, they really lean into it being a QR weapon.

.52 deco + Curling and Screen:
Might surprise you, but I think this kit is as fun as a good .52 kit can possibly get, and it has fun comp building potential. So I want to see a game where it's the main kit.

Slosher + Zip:
Do I even need to explain

Stamper + Burst and Zip
"I want sword to be immortal" was too funny and iconic for me not to agree with it.

Dualies + Suction and long range special
It could be crab or inkjet again, zipcaster, ink storm... I just want a supportive vdualie kit, I think it's really cool in that role.

Dousers + Burst
Do ittttt

Splattershot + Inkjet/ Triple Splashdown
I'm cheating a bit with s2 kits but those would be really fun to bring back.

And finally for some kits I don't want to see again...

.52 with Splash Wall
Sploosh/Dapples/Splat Roller/Dread with Beakon (wow that's a lot of beakons)
Eliter with Kraken
Dread, Reef-Lux and Undercover with an aggressive selfish special
Tetras with Sprinkler
Jet Squelcher with Dart

There's probably more, those are just off the top of my head

Mili

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I really like V Machine's kit, I honestly also like Booyah Bomb as the special but I wouldn't be too upset if they changed it, fizzy being the only essential part of it, sorry I have close to the same opinion as you lol.

For other kits, I really like both parts of Stamper's kit, and I would like to see them come back as is, I just really think it's the ideal kit for this weapon and at the very least I don't want to see Stamper without a burst bomb, similar to carbon hahah.

I also think .96 is my favorite wall weapon, for the special, I'm not sure to be honest, I really like the way Kraken works with .96 in specific, but I don't particularly want Kraken back, so idk!

Tri slosher with a support kit is one I enjoy a lot too, especially fizzy.

I also really like some of the torpedo weapons, specifically wiper and undercover, who especially benefit from you having to shoot down a torpedo or with the damage combo.

For the final one I think I really like the mint decavitator kit, suction is just one of the bombs I like using more and bubble works pretty well with it, probably second to roller I think.

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
I NEED splash wall on heavy in the next game its so nice for it even when its stuck with bubble blower in s2

I actually really like Hydras base kit and hope it comes back with auto + some transformation special that protects you the kit plays out really nicely

Ballpoint with beacon NEEDS to come back it makes way too much sense

Curling on painbrush is a must pick for me I love the mobility it grants you

Weirdly enough I really want dynamo to get sprinkler back because even though the sub isn't great it feels great on dynamo

For brella IF inkstorm is in splatoon 4 I need it to be on vanilla brella because of the healing

Otherwise Autobomb + recall special works really well and would even work with zip

Undercover with torpedo + team chaining special PLEASE

And for some kits I don't want to come back

52 with wall is such an annoying combo and I think it should go

Stop putting auto bomb on carbon so many other subs would work better on it

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
It's been a while since we've had any kit discussion here (should be pretty obvious why that is) so I wanted to see if there were any kits that everyone would want to come back (or not) in the next game.
While we don't know which specials will return, there's usually been a new special that takes up a similar role. Splashdown from S2 being reworked into Reefslider is an example of that.
This doesn't have to include the entire kit either. I personally want Dread with Suction Bomb in the next game but obviously I don't want Reefslider or any Splashdown type special on the kit.

My other choices shouldn't be very hard to figure out.
Machine Neo should come back with Point Sensor and another long ranged special that will benefit from having a tracking sub. The same goes for CRB having Splat Bomb and a transformation special.
I'm not too sure about whether or not I want vMachine to come back again with both Fizzy and Booyah though. I do want Fizzy on Machine again but I wouldn't mind having another special besides Booyah Bomb. If third kits actually happen in S4 then I want Fizzy/Booyah on vMachine again but if that's not the case then I'd prefer something else like Crab.

For kits that I absolutely do not want to come back in any form, I only have one.
Dread D needs to NEVER happen again. It was already terrible the first time, it's not going to work the second time.
Vgoo is great, needs to return. both h-3 kits are a travesty and must be expurgated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom