• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why Did You Choose That Username?

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
All you have to do is explain why you chose the username you go by.

Since I go by the name Zypker here (which I created in an attempt to have a futuristic name type of thing), I thought I'd put my username as ZypkerGaming, just for the official pizazziness.

Nozzles

Cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Wanted a name that isn't commonly used, as well as just generally liking the word.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
It's my webname, I use it on all the sites I visit, or just Wendigo when brevity is required

I think wendigos are cool, I was first introduced to them in the novel quoted in my signature, (part of a fantastic series btw, if dark, also, Supernatural did to wendigos what Twilight did to vampires)

Electra

Inkling
NNID
caysapferg
Electra Heart is amazing so i decided i'd go by that name. I usually go by Hibikaze/Caysapferg but i figured a change would be nice

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Back when I played chess I took two terms from the game ("stalemate" and "knight") and shoved them together. Later, I picked a first name that would sound good with it.

Meanwhile, I found what would become my "crossbar S" logo from a font specimen book I owned (I'm way big on fonts as well). There was a specimen on the font SkreechCaps where the capital S also had a crossbar. I ended up adapting that to a cleaner font to make it look nicer.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
When I was younger, I was WAY into Bionicle. I ended up creating my own custom Bionicles that I would end up loving, and one of them I called Conanon (based on Conan the Barbarian. I have an awesome dad.).I ended up using Conanon as my first internet handle, but ended up growing tired of it. A handle, for those who don't know, is a name that you frequently use on the internet. That's when I built my second Bionicle. I wanted to create a name that sounded cool, so I invented Grimlai as a name. That eventually took over Conanon as my handle, and has remained my handle ever since.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
The "Dark" part comes from my fondness of stuff that looks evil (black with purple and/or red or something similar, bat-like wings, fangs and sharp teeth, etc.), but is good and not acting evil at all (especially if it's a character proud of being a hero). The "Gold" part, on the other hand, comes from my love of Pittsburgh's sports teams (yeah, real shocker) and the fact that they, as well as Pittsburgh's flag itself, all share the color gold. As for the triple 7s... Seven's a cool number, and maybe it would give me luck to have three of them. :P I'm superstitious.

Selkaine

Inkling
NNID
Selkaine
I was trying to come up with an MMO ign way back when my first laptop still could support games and do basic functions so I searched up goddess names I could go with but all of them were taken. I found one named "Selkit" which I liked the most since she was an Egyptian scorpion goddess and I am a Scorpio (as a young teenage girl, I was pretty into horoscopes then lol) but Selkit was taken too so I just kinda played around with it until I got Selkaine. Now, it or a variation has been my in-game-names for most games.

Not a fascinating story, but a story nonetheless.

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Back when I got to playing UMVC 3 competitively. I used to drop all the combos when I was starting out, and earned the name "gabstep" since "it's like dubstep, but instead of dropping the bass, he drops his combo". While the origins could've been a bit more glamorous, the handle didn't sound too bad and I decided to just roll with it. Shortened it to GBstep some time later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom