• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why so low variety with bomb launchers?

1MoreGame

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8518-8021-3812
Something it's bugging me lately... the trislosher noveau was supposed to have autobomb launcher but we all know what happened. Currently there are:

- 5 Splash bomb Launcher (the fifth will come with Light tetra dualies)
- 5 Suction bomb Launcher (if you count separate the 2 splattershots - the last one will be the neo splash o matic)
- 1 Curling bomb Launcher
- 0 Autobomb Launcher
- 1 Burst bomb Launcher (coming with the second Bamboozler)

I don't understand this lack of variety and it's a shame there are not going to be any autobomb launchers (unless shieldon pick will come back)
I think an autobomb launcher would be too powerful and make people cry.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Interesting. They used the Carbon roller as the go to weapon to play with the other strange bomb launcher (Seeker Rush in the first game) and now they are using it again for this game's odd bomb launcher. I guess why break from consistency if it's working?

Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I would like to point out that the Carbon Roller Deco apparently has Auto Bombs. Also it must me terror for whoever has to have 10 chickens following them so yeah...

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I don't think that it will ultimately have Auto Bombs as a sub. So far, no weapon with a bomb launcher special has had the same type of bomb as the launcher, if it even has a bomb at all! I get the feeling that will be changed before the weapon releases.

the

Inkling Commander
I don't think that it will ultimately have Auto Bombs as a sub. So far, no weapon with a bomb launcher special has had the same type of bomb as the launcher, if it even has a bomb at all! I get the feeling that will be changed before the weapon releases.
iirc the datamined set was
Burst bombs and auto-launcher. God help us

the

Inkling Commander
Pretty sure it was changed to Sprinkler and Inkjet in a later patch.
I think sprinkler/inkjet was the original datamine? This kit was discovered today (by @ leanyoshi on twitter) along with new sets for dualie squelchers and tenta brella

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I don’t know if this person was a hacker or a data miner but there was a video released of someone playing with a Berry Splattershot Pro in the Testing Range.
Guess it’s kit:
Suction Bomb
Suction Bomb Launcher

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I don’t know if this person was a hacker or a data miner but there was a video released of someone playing with a Berry Splattershot Pro in the Testing Range.
Guess it’s kit:
Suction Bomb
Suction Bomb Launcher
That sounds mighty familiar! But I suspect it will change before its release. After all, they don't want a carbon copy of the weapon as it existed in the first game, right?

the

Inkling Commander
That sounds mighty familiar! But I suspect it will change before its release. After all, they don't want a carbon copy of the weapon as it existed in the first game, right?
Plus that would make two variants of a weap with the same subweapon, and that would be kinda lame imo

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I have a suspicion that the Berry SSP is being faked. Sheldon's Picks would be in recent datamines if the data was in the game, plus Suction Bomb + Suction Launcher seems like an unlikely combo, especially since we have an SSP with Suction Bombs

(Although, I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen any Sheldon's Picks yet)

Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Well I mean look at weapons like the Splattershot Jr. they pretty much took the Bubbler of 5is game and put it on the Jr. and Splat Bomb is there for both sets.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@MotorGamer I assume you mean from S1 to S2, because otherwise I could point out that the Juniors in S2 have Splat Bombs and Auto Bombs respectively.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I have a suspicion that the Berry SSP is being faked. Sheldon's Picks would be in recent datamines if the data was in the game, plus Suction Bomb + Suction Launcher seems like an unlikely combo, especially since we have an SSP with Suction Bombs

(Although, I'm somewhat surprised we haven't seen any Sheldon's Picks yet)
Why would there be Sheldon's Picks yet? We're still in the middle of normal game updates, it makes no sense to start adding third variants of weapons whilst some weapons are waiting for their second kits to launch. Sheldon's Picks happened in the first game due to the planned content schedule ending with Ancho-V Games and the Custom Hydra Splatling in January. The devs were so overwhelmed and taken back by the success of this new IP on a failed console and decided to give us a little more content as thanks for believing in this new game and taking the plunge (remember a lot of Wii Us were sold because of Splatoon alone). 3 months later Volume 1 of Sheldon's Picks dropped, with the 2nd volume following in June, and that was the end of content updates. Of course patches (and a final balance update in July) continued a little while longer after the final update.

I'd say it's likely we'll be seeing Sheldon's Picks, but at the same time seeing the recent datamine info from 3.0.0 it looks like we'll be having even more weapons and maps added into the game first and chances are it'll push the "1 year of content updates" into up to 18 months of content updates, only time will tell. Sheldon's Picks are a long way off this time around if we get them (there's a very high chance it'll happen again, hopefully with 3-4 volumes and different weapons getting highlighted, I'd love a third Splash-o-Matic with Baller/Splashdown/Ink Storm as its special), so just hold on until we get solid confirmation the "main" updates are finished, after all Sheldon's Picks were announced a month or 2 after the final content update occurred, so we won't have that information for a long time.

As for variety, don't worry about it, in the first game no-one ever used Burst Bomb Rush and Seeker Rush. The former was quite a formidable bomb rush, lots of painting and chip damage for kills and aggression, but was overlooked to the Tentatek (in case of the Splattershot), and the Refurb was overlooked to the Zink Mini (and also needed to be running pre-nerf Burst Bomb ink consumption). Seeker Rush is very much like Curling Bomb Launcher, a fun silly idea but ultimately not a good special. I'd argue Seeker Rush is better than Curling Bomb Launcher, the Seekers ran for longer, locked on to targets and caused a fair bit of chaos, but it doesn't seem like the Curling Bombs travel very far on the bomb rush special nor have I felt it threatening ever. People only ever ran with the Splat Bomb and Suction Bomb rushes in the first game as they painted well, cleared areas effectively and were real threats to enemies, so you'll probably only see players running those 2 in this game.

The devs are forever changing the weapon kits this time around (which is a good thing), and as people have already stated, Autobomb Launcher is returning on the Carbon Deco (complete with Burst Bombs). We are also looking at a second Curling Bomb Launcher coming into the game with the Tenta Sorella Brella, which replaces the original Ink Armour special on it. In the first game none of the kits changed (except the Sloshing Machine Neo, went from Sprinkler/Inkzooka to Point Sensor/Inkzooka, but the weapon wasn't fully finished with the older kit), and I only found alternate kits for the 6 Sloshers (All 3 + variants) in the Splatoon Global Testfire when they brought that back in the summer of 2016 (which you can read about in this really old thread I made here). The fact the devs are putting more thought into weapon kits is encouraging, because they are clearly trying to make a weapon gel with its kit without making it too weak or too powerful. Again Sheldon's Picks could step in and lumber a few more weapons with Autobomb and Curling Launchers, but the important thing is the better launcher bombs have more weapons to use them on.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
@MotorGamer I assume you mean from S1 to S2, because otherwise I could point out that the Juniors in S2 have Splat Bombs and Auto Bombs respectively.
I mean the vanilla from S1 to S2 is as close as possible.
And well theoretically the Bomb Launcher isn’t the same as the Bomb Rush

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Theoretically, but we all know that they are the same beast just with a different hair color.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Remember when people datamined Splat1, found data of octoling stuff for the multiplayer and thought Octolings were gonna be playable?
Yeah good times.

Lots of datamined stuff might be placeholders for weapon sets in the future, in the end, it may change around depending on how their testings of weapons go, if it's broken or not.

I don't believe anything unreleased until i see the Splat Dev team or Nintendo slapping their names on it beforehand.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
That's probably a wise choice. Too many misunderstandings that happen if you just believe everything that gets datamined or somehow revealed early. Y'know, like the Ice Cream Gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom