• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Why the Splat Brella is mediocre at best

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well that fully confirms it for me.

At first I thought it was lag but it kept happening to consistently across multiple days to be just lag. Then I started abusing it!!! *cackles*

It's a bug... unfortunately... Y_Y

Definitely a circumstantial weapon which has glaring weaknesses but I find it can be quite effective in Tower Control when you're attacking. Shielding yourself and others while on the tower to break a chokepoint can be the difference between winning and losing. I do rely on my teammates to splat the other team while I push forward on the tower, again comes down to circumstances and how strong your team is too. The larger one is much better

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Definitely a circumstantial weapon which has glaring weaknesses but I find it can be quite effective in Tower Control when you're attacking. Shielding yourself and others while on the tower to break a chokepoint can be the difference between winning and losing. I do rely on my teammates to splat the other team while I push forward on the tower, again comes down to circumstances and how strong your team is too. The larger one is much better
I hope you’re not using “the larger one” as a synonym for the Tentabrella, possibly the worst weapon in the game right now.

I hope you’re not using “the larger one” as a synonym for the Tentabrella, possibly the worst weapon in the game right now.
Again, circumstantial. When I meant better I meant more so with the coverage.The larger one doesn't offer much offensively but if I'm on the tower it can be effective. Lot has to go right though.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Again, circumstantial. When I meant better I meant more so with the coverage.The larger one doesn't offer much offensively but if I'm on the tower it can be effective. Lot has to go right though.
"Lot has to go right through". Not really, blasters can still go over the shield, and those are heavily picked weapons in TC for obvious reasons. The vanilla brella is much better for its kill potential/kit since its shield still does a good job at staying on the tower. Placing a sprinkler on the tower helps build up your gauge + Ink Storm is the perfect special for area control and on a mode like TC is super vital since you can at least trade kills and stall time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom