will the upcoming Octo expansion story mode be hard?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
well i was wondering or it will be as hard as nintendo says? i got to admit..i am not the best player here,ok i am not the worst but i am not the best either,i feel like i will struggle alot with these missions while i want to play as a octoling in multiplayer so bad T~T will it even be possible for me to get through this? if it's just like the campaign that you are also forced to play with certain weapons i will struggle even harder since some weapons i am just horrible with D:

Cephalobro

It is going to be challenging, but if you can't clear a certain challenge, you can skip it with a cost of CQ Points.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Comparatively, Octo Expansion is definitely gonna be a step up in difficulty compared to the normal Octo Canyon campaign.

As @Cephalobro said, if a certain mission gives you issue, the developers took that in mind and added an option that allowed you to skip it. And from the looks of what we seen, Octo Expansion may not be linear, having branching paths.

Last edited:

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
We don't have a clear consensus as to *how* much harder the Octo expansion is, but we do know that most people agree that it is harder than the main story.

Every level seems to have a specific set of 3 weapons you can choose from to use to get through the level, so it is a little bit similar to the single player campaign in that regard.
We also don't know how many levels are going to be skilled based or more puzzle based, but I'd say if you're struggling to beat the main story or get out of B/A rank then it probably would be hard for you. Namely because one of the levels shown off is a challenge where the player had to hit targets with a charger while avoiding fail balloons which requires steady aim.
3 weapons you say? at least that gives me a bit of a better chance to have weapons i am either good or decent with ^^''
i did beat the main story campaign,i didn't found it hard,it was just due to some weapons i had to work with made it harder for me to the point i had to redo certain missions 3 to 5 times though ironically the boss battles were easy lol,struggling to get out of A rank is sadly true..though i am still positive the day will come i can make it to S rank and do well enough to stay in it..atm i go back and forth with losing streaks and winning streaks,

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Comparatively, Octo Expansion is definitely gonna be a step of in difficulty compared to the normal Octo Canyon campaign.

As @Cephalobro said, if a certain mission gives you issue, the developers took that in mind and added an option that allowed you to skip it. And from the looks of what we seen, Octo Expansion may not be linear, having branching paths.
ah for real? i am relieved to hear about this option since i do always give it a try but if it really gets impossible for me to clear a stage then having the option to skip does give me a chance to clear the octo story mode as well.i do look forward to the octo expansion though not gonna lie! a new challenge that hopefully even i can clear haha

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I think it is going to be considerably more difficult than the Octo Valley and Canyon. S2's single player was much more difficult than S1, and taught players more advanced multiplayer skills, such as maneuvering under and over platforms, using all sorts of weapons, and even put in situations where you had to slosh your way out of a ranged firefight. It's tough, but the more you play it, the more you're supposed to understand multiplayer more. With more and more players grasping S2's complex mechanics and the addition of Rank X, I imagine the Octo Expansion will be very difficult, in order to encourage players to take on high-level competitive play. I would assume there's going to be options to adjust difficulty though. Nintendo's pretty good about that. SM3DW and SF Zero had a nice difficulty curve with a infinite-health mode option available. BOTW also had amiibo to lower the difficulty gap between skilled and new players.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's obviously going to be harder than Octo Valley/Canyon. It would be rather pointless DLC if it wasn't. But considering I've put hundreds of hours into playing Splatoon online it's probably still going to be a bit too easy for my tastes.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I felt like Octo Valley and Octo Canyon were about the same difficulty, except for DJ Octavio in S1, and the limited-ink challenges from the Squid amiibo. The reviewers have thus far suggested that some of the Octo Expansion levels are much harder than Octo Canyon, so I'm expecting them to peak at about the same level as the hardest amiibo ones from S1. Clearly some will be harder for those of us who avoid chargers like the plague.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
here ya go if ya havent seen some game play yet.
dude this is very helpful! :D thx for the video,i will probably watch this to hopefully make the levels somewhat easier to do when knowing what's the best way to play haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom