• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Worldwide Splatfest: Mayo vs Ketchup Round 2

Team Mayo or Team Ketchup?

• Team Mayo

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Team Ketchup

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephalobro

I had such a lousy start, but then, I encountered winning streak after winning streak. Heck, in one match, my teammate disconnected and still won. And I loved it when I was matched with teammates who had the N'Zap 85 just like me and we absolutely destroyed all Mayo teams who dared challenge us. Overall, wins are recovered and more.

Leahita

Inkling
Me and my friend played for about 3 hours fighting for team mayo. We had a bad start since our first match was a 10x lose, but we encountered 3 more and won 1 of them.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm getting mild war flashbacks to the old Pizza v. Burgers Splatfest from back in the day. Seems the mayos have a bad habit of being simply better than I and my fellow ketchupites are. I wager it's only so rough because of a bit of ring rust on my end, so to speak; such is the consequence of returning to the game after dropping it for years.

Meh, it's no big deal. If I wanted to get a tryhard win I'd have sided with Mayo again. But, I confess, I missed out on that sweet sweet blood-ink the first time around, and seized the opportunity to redeem my past self's ignorance. Besides, the farmed wins from going up against other ketchupites made up for any headaches I get from dealing with Mayo's cheese. (And there's a lot of cheese to be had...)

The only bad thing is having to bow out for the rest of the event. Much as I'd like to stand, fight, and suffer with everyone else, my pro-con's thumbstick is starting to give out, and I seem to lack the necessary screwdriver/bit needed to open that sucker up and see if it's fixable. A shame, but it could be worse.

Anyway, I realize I'm screeching into the void here, so I'll leave it at that.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am extremely, extremely happy there's another Splatfest. For one, I just enjoy playing during fests the most.

But more importantly, I lost my (700 HOUR!!) save-file this winter. My Switch's fan was all messed up and apparentely by the time it got to Nintendo it was so messed up they couldn't get the data off anymore (no idea how...it wasn't *that* bad before I sent it). And while most games have cloud saves, Splatoon of course doesn't.

So, 90+ pieces of perfect gear, all screenshots and videos, all weapons I bought, all single player stuff I unlocked, and all saved up snails down the drain. Especially the snails really stung since there was no easy way to get them with Splatfests ending. Well, you can imagine I was pretty damn happy when they announced this fest!

Anyway, it's going pretty good so far on side Mayo. Mostly it's just really fun to revisit Wayslide Cool (one of the best Shiftys IMO), and to see every stage at night again. They should have a monthly thing where you can play on Shiftys/night versions, kind of how there's a (roughly) monthly ?/?/?/? rotation in Salmon Run. Scrubbing for 2000 is also pretty damn good for someone who doesn't have any perfect gear yet. It's by far the best time I'm having in the game since I started over.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Congrats Team Ketchup! We barely squeezed by, but we took the rematch!

Mio Man X

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2601-3391-3923
There should be a round three of Ketchup vs Mayo as a tiebreaker now that they each have a win. Sad to hear that Nintendo's decided this is a one-off, though.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, we lost this time. Not too suprising considering how close it was last time. I could really use the snails, but I had tons of fun, so I'm satisfied.
WELL WHAT IS THE NEXTS SPLATFEST?
You're gonna find out when Splatoon 3 comes around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom