Worst Game Losing Flops

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
Ever been in the lead, happy, content, without a care in the world, seconds away from victory to then get splatted and lose the game in overtime? Well I sure have, too many times to count honestly but which would I say was my worst? Hm well probably during a match in Rainmaker on Flounder Heights. We had the lead in points, I had the rainmaker and was retreating in order to secure victory but bam, a squid hiding behind the ramp to my base. Splatted, splatted again, and lost. I can only imagine my team asking what happened lol

Share your worst game losing flops ;D

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I would prefer not to remember them...

We were also carrying the Rainmaker in Overtime on Flounder Heights, coming out of the right path and heading into the base using the ground floor path. All four opponents were on us, and I forgot to use Kraken at that point, so my teammates were splatted because I did not alleviate pressure.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
I would prefer not to remember them...

We were also carrying the Rainmaker in Overtime on Flounder Heights, coming out of the right path and heading into the base using the ground floor path. All four opponents were on us, and I forgot to use Kraken at that point, so my teammates were splatted because I did not alleviate pressure.
Happens to the best of us but learning from those mistakes is what makes us better.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I've lost way too many Splat Zone games because the match went into overtime. Seriously, overtime is so freaking ridiculous in Splat Zones. It's way too easy for the winning team to gain the lead than it is in Rainmaker or Tower Control. It's ridiculous - and this is coming from someone who's favorite mode is Splat Zones. *sigh* At the same time, I've always won a lot of games for Splat Zone during overtime. I would still agree that it's ridiculous in Splat Zones. .-.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l honestly don't think l ever made a huge game losing blunder. When l make my team lose it's because l'm having a consistently bad game where l die constantly and can't kill anybody, not because l have a meltdown at a crucial time.

That being said l can share a funny moment that happend a few days ago involving my opponents choking. l was playing tower control on Bluefin, opponents were something like 5 points in the lead and my team was pushing with only a few seconds left. l jump to my teammate who's riding the tower only to realize mid jump he died and the other team's roller is walking in circles on the tower, waiting to splat me as l land.

l don't know if it was lag or just ineptitude but he completely misses me and l demolish him. But wait there's still a Tentatek on the upper ledge! He jumps down, misses the tower and plummets to his death in the cold water below. lt's extra time, l get the lead, we win.

l could hear Yakety Sax playing for a few minutes after that, made me laugh pretty hard.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
I've lost way too many Splat Zone games because the match went into overtime. Seriously, overtime is so freaking ridiculous in Splat Zones. It's way too easy for the winning team to gain the lead than it is in Rainmaker or Tower Control. It's ridiculous - and this is coming from someone who's favorite mode is Splat Zones. *sigh* At the same time, I've always won a lot of games for Splat Zone during overtime. I would still agree that it's ridiculous in Splat Zones. .-.
Yeah, it's pretty awful to see it say "you've lost the lead"

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
l honestly don't think l ever made a huge game losing blunder. When l make my team lose it's because l'm having a consistently bad game where l die constantly and can't kill anybody, not because l have a meltdown at a crucial time.

That being said l can share a funny moment that happend a few days ago involving my opponents choking. l was playing tower control on Bluefin, opponents were something like 5 points in the lead and my team was pushing with only a few seconds left. l jump to my teammate who's riding the tower only to realize mid jump he died and the other team's roller is walking in circles on the tower, waiting to splat me as l land.

l don't know if it was lag or just ineptitude but he completely misses me and l demolish him. But wait there's still a Tentatek on the upper ledge! He jumps down, misses the tower and plummets to his death in the cold water below. lt's extra time, l get the lead, we win.

l could hear Yakety Sax playing for a few minutes after that, made me laugh pretty hard.
lol I've honestly have had that happen to me before

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
It was overtime and the other team had the rainmaker, and I saw them and was in the perfect place to splat them with my roller. I got someone and thought it was the person with the rainmaker so I stopped but the person with the rainmaker was still alive and while I stood there confused, took the rainmaker to a one point victory.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
It was overtime and the other team had the rainmaker, and I saw them and was in the perfect place to splat them with my roller. I got someone and thought it was the person with the rainmaker so I stopped but the person with the rainmaker was still alive and while I stood there confused, took the rainmaker to a one point victory.
lol I've done that before but it was because someone was body blocking the rain maker guy XD

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I posted this in the Dead Sea thread a while ago, but I figure it fits this thread just as much.

I experienced a very different kind of salt earlier today.

So, I was hitting the Turf Wars to level up my new winter gear, and in every single match there was this Splat Charger guy who would seabag profusely after each kill he made. Fair enough, I didn't mind, even though it got old after the third match.

The last battle I was in, we were on opposite teams on Mahi Mahi Resort. 'Twas an incredibly close match, all the way to the end, but towards the end my team started to take control. In the last ten seconds I made my way into the enemy base to further skew the results in our favor, and sure enough he was there seabagging. I ran to him with the intent to kill, but as I started moving I figured I'd play along with him. After all, it's the last few seconds of a roughly 50-50 match, not much would change to affect the outcome of the match, right?

Nope; he sniped me anyway, and the match ended 44.3-44.4, their game. The ink that came from my dead body was enough to give them the edge.

And I thought I'd made boneheaded decisions before...
That's really the only time I can think of where my actions directly screwed my chance of winning. Everything else has been either me not being on top of my game, or just not caring enough about winning & screwing around.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
I posted this in the Dead Sea thread a while ago, but I figure it fits this thread just as much.

That's really the only time I can think of where my actions directly screwed my chance of winning. Everything else has been either me not being on top of my game, or just not caring enough about winning & screwing around.
I'm afraid this gave me one too many chuckles but alas, splatoon, a harsh, unbalanced yet fun game. Tis the life of us non chargers with our inferior range.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
It was Tower Control on Moray Towers...We were so close to the finish, one of my teammates used the Bubbler on the tower, the enemy team knocked all of us off the tower and we fell off the stage...And the enemy team won.

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
It was Tower Control on Moray Towers...We were so close to the finish, one of my teammates used the Bubbler on the tower, the enemy team knocked all of us off the tower and we fell off the stage...And the enemy team won.
The worst feeling XD falling to your doom after being pushed off lol

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Any match where my team controls the Splat Zone the entire game, but the other team clinches it at the last second with a 4-man bomb rush.

Any match where I jump to my death while other players are superjumping to my position.

That's I can think of for now.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Do you all think it is easy to snowball in this game? Because that is what consistently happens to me. I die in the last 30-45 seconds, then my team wipes and we lose. Happens a lot. Lots of flops.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
There was this one time in Tower Control where we had a shot of securing the win and I try spawning to one of my team mates and I didn't squid jump. Somehow I didn't hit the squid on the gamepad like I thought, and we lost. Had I spawned to the team mate, things may have been different. There are other factors, but I can't help but feel that in that one mistake, they were given an opening since there was only one guy there, that I knew needed help.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Once my team lost a game of Rainmaker on Arowana Mall specifically because I mistimed a flick with my Carbon Roller. After flicking once to kill an opponent protecting the Rainmaker, I panicked and made my potentially game-ending button press too quickly, negating it and letting the other team take the lead. I cannot remember ever being so angry with myself.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My latest great failure, as told in monologue:

*throws bomb*

"What's this? I'm out of ink! Alrighty, no biggie, just gotta refill—"

*suddenly surrounded by all 4 enemy Inklings*

"Ah crud, I'm toast. At least my teammates can pick up the slack, right?... right?"

*looks up at the HUD*

"Great... they're all dead."

*splatted*
From there, they proceeded to mop the floor with my teammates again, and they spawncamp us until the match ends.

For want of a bomb, man...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Lately I've been having a problem with whipping out the Inkzooka at the worst possible time. I don't know if it's muscle memory from when I ran the N-ZAP 85, or if it's because I think I'm gonna get a bunch of splats with it. Regardless, it always ends in me getting killed, leaving an opening for the enemy to come into our base and crush my teammates.

And this isn't an isolated incident, either. This happens almost every 3 games or so. I feel such shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom