Worst Haircut Ever?

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
if i had to pick i’d agree with op. that one can be styled well but by itself it’s easily the least cute hairstyle imo. but that’s already been said so i’m gonna give an answer from a different angle than “what i think looks the worst”

as an artist this hairstyle gave me a headache for a while:

because i gave it to one of my ocs since it’s cute and all but when i first tried drawing said oc with their hair down i was like wait, how does this hairstyle WORK? because it’s like, i was trying to keep all the tentacles where they were and it just looked weird. the two tentacles making the ponytail just kinda flopped over each other. was one supposed to be upside down?? i could hardly make sense of it long enough to draw it at all

eventually i looked at that google drive of all concept art hairstyles by species, decided to believe that octoling tentacle-hair is a lot more malleable than i’d been thinking of it as (a few octolings there even had inkling-style bangs!!), and now i don’t hate drawing this particular character with their hair down anymore. but yeah i have history with octoling ponytail

Cephalobro

Anyway, here's my pick for the worst hairstyle:

File:S3 Customization Hairstyle Afro.png

That one is literally the only Octoling hairstyle I don't like.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
the first time I saw inkling styles with the main tentacles cut off it made my skin crawl. I wanted to yell why would you do that?! Over time I got used to it and I can understand what they're going for and what people like about them but... still... if I think too much about it it still makes me shudder a bit.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
the first time I saw inkling styles with the main tentacles cut off it made my skin crawl. I wanted to yell why would you do that?! Over time I got used to it and I can understand what they're going for and what people like about them but... still... if I think too much about it it still makes me shudder a bit.
Like the buzzcut?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
Like the buzzcut?
to some extent, though I think this one was the one that freaked me out the most initially because it just draws the most attention to the fact that someone just went at those with a knife or something.

1717000997850.png
1717001007231.png

Like in and of itself it's not a bad style but I think the initial shock and recoil that I had when I first saw it sticks with me. My first reaction was as if something horrible had happened and not that this was an intentional stylistic choice, lol

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
S3_Customization_Hairstyle_Wave.png

This one is kind of cool becuase its one of the longest hairstyles but idk something about the closer cut on the inklings right side just doesn't work for me

Arigato!

Pro Squid
to some extent, though I think this one was the one that freaked me out the most initially because it just draws the most attention to the fact that someone just went at those with a knife or something.

View attachment 11649View attachment 11650

Like in and of itself it's not a bad style but I think the initial shock and recoil that I had when I first saw it sticks with me. My first reaction was as if something horrible had happened and not that this was an intentional stylistic choice, lol
I personally like this haircut because of that reason exactly. Like some inkling is cooking and they accidentally cut their tentacle like"DANG IT- :O"

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
excuse y'all, the afro is THE BEST haircut in this entire game.
tbh i just wish it wasn’t the only hairstyle of the sort? like, if The octo afro is possible, i’d think hairstyles based on other ways to style afros irl should also be possible. octo afro puffs would be cute i think

and yeah, “i wish there were more playable octoling hairstyles” is far from a hot take, i know

…relatedly im realizing that the octo afro existing should’ve been my first clue that octoling hair is malleable and i didn’t have to give myself a headache over the ponytail hair lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom