Worst Teammates Ever

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'd say I'm that terrible teammate when I'm not using any of my mains(proved my point yesterday with the Custom Range Blaster or somethin-the one with the ink strike). I did see two people on the enemy team on Bluefin that weren't doing anything useful. I think they were trying to Squid Party, but everyone else was trying to do a turf war, so they lost.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Well you're new to the game, so it's understandable. I was more talking about the level 35+ folk who failed so miserably.
And yea, I don't play sniper as often as well, and I feel your pain. Sniping relies more on your team than most other weapons and playstyles, so it's easy to go from the guy who's locking down an area to losing it all.
I'm officially off your hit list - scoped eliter, scrub the best and worst rounds, generally I netted 500-700pts, and k/d anywhere from 2/2, 4/0, 6/2, 5/1. I'm officially not the completely useless worst team ever sniper! Not GOOD, but not the lead tentacle boots either! :D

Award

Had a game on Hammerhead TC yesterday where my team just absolutely refused to get on the tower. We had a moment at one point where we wiped out their entire team: my teammates took out two of them and I died taking out the other two myself. Figured it was well worth the sacrifice since we'd be able to make some serious progress with their whole team wiped.

While waiting to respawn I kept waiting for my teammates to get the tower...but not a single one of them ever did. The entire enemy team dead, and no one even got close to the tower. It wasn't until I respawned and swam all the way back to the center (Again, on Hammerhead: not a short distance) that we finally got the tower moving since I got on it, but of course the enemy team was back too and proceeded to immediately swarm the tower and kill me, and went on to win the game.

I have no earthly idea what the hell my teammates were doing that could have possibly been more important than getting on the tower while the whole enemy team was dead. I normally refuse to blame teams for a loss because I know that's usually just an excuse, but I think this is one of those rare scenarios where I really can blame incompetent teammates.
NPC's can't ride the tower, only the player character can. At least that's what I've observed, but I didn't check the manual. :D

Award

Also, I found the new worst team mate ever. TW last night, Hammerhead Bridge, I'm practicing my sniping with E-Liter 3K Scope. I advance on the bottom and take the wall on the central tower as a perch. The enemy isn't in range yet, so I'm not inking so as not to alert them of the sniper on the tower yet. Incoming ink from the tower platform! I retreat back by reflex and realize, oh it's only my own teammate with a splattershot. Ooops, back to the perch. She's still shooting me as I had back to the wall perch. I get up on the perch. She continues trying to shoot me for the next 30 seconds, just endlessly firing splattershot rounds at my back as I try to hold the perch with a straight face before she finally figures it out and moves on. She was lv 9. :rolleyes:

Runner up: In Walleye warehouse, as we were being overrun badly and not quite spawncamped, I was sniping/burst bombing (and just rapid trigger flapping to spread ink to hold back the enemy) from the ledge JUST below the spawn, right down the ramp. This one player kept super jumping to my position. The position directly in front of the spawn. :confused:

Last edited:

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Also, I found the new worst team mate ever. TW last night, Hammerhead Bridge, I'm practicing my sniping with E-Liter 3K Scope. I advance on the bottom and take the wall on the central tower as a perch. The enemy isn't in range yet, so I'm not inking so as not to alert them of the sniper on the tower yet. Incoming ink from the tower platform! I retreat back by reflex and realize, oh it's only my own teammate with a splattershot. Ooops, back to the perch. She's still shooting me as I had back to the wall perch. I get up on the perch. She continues trying to shoot me for the next 30 seconds, just endlessly firing splattershot rounds at my back as I try to hold the perch with a straight face before she finally figures it out and moves on. She was lv 9. :rolleyes:
That's when you draw a middle finger on the nearest wall.

Award

More worst team news from the front lines. I sure seem to get them.

Flounder heights. Mixed team. I'm the E-Liter. Team keeps rushing to battle. Enemy keeps back-dooring our base. I'm the only one guarding the base. Base is painted in enemy colors. Nobody bothers repainting it, so I, the lowly Eliter am going around painting the base (where are the TWO N-Zaps on the team??) I keep getting jumped, often by teams of 3. Sometimes teams of 4. 3 of which have charged wails, 1 has charged bubbler. Still no team mates around. Yet our team colors aren't appearing in the enemy base. And I'm on the ground with an eliter, painting trying to shoot 3 people. Same teams in general same problems in triggerfish. I have guard duty of the gates. Enemy keeps spamming inkstrike. Base is overrun....team MIA. Back to flounder. Nobody ever pushing, even though the enemy races to push right away. Finally I had enough, took my eliter, stormed the enemy base through the front gates lone wolf Rambo style, painting as many full charge lines as I can before they get me. We won. :mad:

I ended up the worst scored player with the best or second best k/d ratio (if low kill number) each round. That round I had 950pts 2n place ink, 0 kills, 3 deaths. No one will ever tell me I didn't win that one for the team! :cool:

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I was playing Rainmaker on Moray Towers and there were two E litres on my team that just camped on our side of the middle. My other team mate had the rainmaker and was pushing deep into enemy territory, and I went with them, but the E litres hung back. It was annoying. But the other team mate was amazing and the two of us took on the enemy team and somehow got a knockout.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I'm having a lot of these...
some guy was sitting behind the spawn squid-kidding repeatedly while the opposing team was making a push on Mahi Rainmaker sitting in a puddle, an octobrush user and most of our team was still ready to go and we lost by knockout because he was still squidkidding in the circle as we ended.
Somehow I attract the 'i like to dance at base' crowds.

Cyan Flare

Inkling
I was playing Splat Zone and this one kid was running around blasting everything as if it were a Turf War. That, or he was just hoping we'd win while he sat back not really doing anything. Luckily, everyone else knew what they were doing, so we actually did manage to win. :) No offence to the guy, though, obviously; it may have been just an honest mistake. I didn't really know what I was doing the first time I played Ranked Battles... but I soon figured it out. And I didn't stay in the corner for four matches.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Rainmaker in piranha pit, I died and landed at base, and while the entire opposing team is dead, the two people out there, one guy holing the rainmaker the other guy just slightly next to him are sitting around doing nothing leaving us wide open to attack from the other team.
Oh, yes, it jeopardised us the match. They were still there when we lost.

Award

I was playing Rainmaker on Moray Towers and there were two E litres on my team that just camped on our side of the middle. My other team mate had the rainmaker and was pushing deep into enemy territory, and I went with them, but the E litres hung back. It was annoying. But the other team mate was amazing and the two of us took on the enemy team and somehow got a knockout.
To be fair to your eliter team, I haven't quite figured out a good way to main eliter in Moray for RM. Eliters are inherently defensive on that map and eliters are EXTREMELY vulnerable on the ground in that map. The best they can do on the ground is shoot up the ramps, but that's still defensive and won't help a push. One eliter camping is probably a good idea in case you guys lost control of the RM, they could pick it off right away. TWO of them camping probaby isn't useful, but if neither of them was comfortable with burst bombs on the ground (or both were using Custom with beacons), they couldn't have helped you much from the ground anyway.

I've mostly just learned NOT to play eliter in RM on Moray. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom