Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
When a roller just happened to get a really lucky shot flicking their roller before they land which splats me. Then I see from the killcam they're halfway across the map from where I died.

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
A few other ways I remembered:

A bad day on Moray Towers with not only chargers, but falling off the ledges constantly like there's candy down there.

Also, Tower Control with Kraken on the ready. Riding the tower with Kraken activated. Get sniped by a charger to bump me off the map.

Hear a bomb being tossed. Not visible until I run into it the moment it pops into camera view and blowing up to splat me. Worse if it's Suction Bomb.
I equip bomb sniffer for that very reason. I run into bombs way too often.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I once killed myself by repeatedly running into a splash wall. Just goes to show that no matter how good you get at a game, basic probability favors you doing something completely idiotic when you play a game long enough.

In terms of deaths that weren't a result of me being an idiot, I was once dropping down to an area, and a guy who saw me planted an ink mine where I was landing and ran.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've been dunked into the water by the gates at Camp Triggerfish during Rainmaker. If you are swimming/jumping right as the gate is lowering next to the spawn you either get quickly pushed to the other side or dunked in the water. I can't imagine what my team must think when their teammate dies 2 seconds into the match.

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
I've been dunked into the water by the gates at Camp Triggerfish during Rainmaker. If you are swimming/jumping right as the gate is lowering next to the spawn you either get quickly pushed to the other side or dunked in the water. I can't imagine what my team must think when their teammate dies 2 seconds into the match.
I've seen it happen, and usually I laugh. Because it happened to me too.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've seen it happen, and usually I laugh. Because it happened to me too.
I never noticed it prior to the October update- it always just pushed me to the other side. I feel like such an idiot when it happens.

Blair ✩

Inkling
NNID
Yolanthe
Constantly falling off Mahi Mahi when trying to aim a charger and dying by the sprinkler are probably my worst mistakes.

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
Honestly, any death is the worst way to die. My personal worst way to die is falling off the maps/into water by complete accident! It make me SOOO salty when that happens :/

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
My least favourite is when I swim into a killer wail or inkstrike in excitement after splatting multiple kids. I do it soooo often.

Also I have a little rage whenever a dynamo roller splats me. They make me so salty.

nebula

Inkling
NNID
spotty6688
One of my worse deaths was probably turning into a kraken on the Mahi Mahi resort map, GRATES, GRATES EVERYWHERE.
but i think the one that takes the cake is this one:
I was inking around spawn trying to get my special up when my teamate comes running into me for whatever reason and pushes me off the map.
teamwork at its finest.

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
When you see an opponent superjumping to your position, getting ready to take them out but they take you out faster. That's one way you learn to keep some distance.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
My top picks in order:
  1. Firing an inkzooka pushes you backward. Off the ledge and into the water.
  2. Being pinged off a ledge into the water by someone shooting your bubbler.
  3. That first ******* jump in Blufin Depot. Every. Single. Time.
  4. Your teammate SJ's to your position - then pushes you off the ledge into the water.
  5. You got that GREAT against the odds hero kill in Mahi/Moray. Then jumping away from that spot you jump off the edge into the water while their killcam is watching you.
  6. Splatted from behind by the roller you were trying to melee that was in front of you a moment ago.
  7. "I'm outside the radius of that Inkstrike, I'll take a little damage, but I'll be fine!"
  8. "Yay, my special is charg---" SPLAT!
I'll second "Death by sprinkler" and "death by traveling INTO the wail/splatbomb/inkstrike, along with splatted by the enemy you just splatted.

And my top pick of worst way to get splatted, ever, is one I caused someone else while using eliter (I kind of felt bad about it):
  1. He was in the bottom left of Bluefin Depot, evading my sniper laser, and ran himself over the edge. As he was falling to his doom, I shot him with a full charge, getting the kill. I felt like such a jerk :(

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Last night, I was attempting to practice my sniping.

I walked straight into an Inkstrike.... I did that twice in the same match. Once is bad enough. Twice is fairly embarrassing. :P

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
Respawning on Bluefin Depot for Rainmaker only to die from the explosion of a teammate holding the Rainmaker when the timer runs out.

Super jumping and suffocating into a Splash Wall.

Last edited:

LoremIp5um

Full Squid
NNID
LoremIp5um
Once I was on Mahi-Mahi Resort and I was trying to jump from one platform to another platform but I got caught on a tiny bit of enemy ink that slowed me down so I fell in the water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom