• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Would you want voice chat in splatoon? Or would you not care?

Would you want voice chat in splatoon? Or would you not care?

• It NEEDS voice chat.

• it would be cool, I guess...

• Not necessarily.

• HELL NO.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
For the sake of keeping the game pure, voice chat is a no no. Just adapt, and use skype ot some other voice chat program.
I don't see how voice chat would make the game "un-pure" you wouldn't have to even use it, it would be an option, and don't tell me it wouldn't be an option, that's unrationial.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
the skype solution has not even come into play most of the time because nobody wants to hop on skype just for splatoon.....
Then get some friends who play the game, join a team or some sorta online community then. The fact that you know no one, who will use other means of communication, is a you a problem.
I curse like a sailor so I'd rather not have kids hearing that.
Even my more mild and civil friends will curse. Nintendo is not the type of company, to just out right expose young gamers to such elements. Not having the option will keep the game better for the younger audience. Older gamers more than likely have the ability to jump onto other things to communicate. For example, my squad of 8 players uses skype. I do think a agruement, could be made for team player, but it depends on how its setup.
I don't see how voice chat would make the game "un-pure" you wouldn't have to even use it, it would be an option, and don't tell me it wouldn't be an option, that's unrationial.
Because cursing, crude jokes, shouting, yelling, screaming, trash talking, talking down to players and all that other junk are pure and good for the rated E game made by nintendo.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
because people have to always think the worst about everything....they gotta think gamers are all F-Bomb Dropping Racist Mountain dew guzzling junk food scarfing call of duty loving losers that turn everything around them into pure hatred and violence

they gotta think whenever something goes wrong or a feature is removed from a game it's all the communities fault because they did something bad to warrant removing that

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
might as well replace that line with "Because People Don't know how to talk without sounding like complete heartless jerks"
because if you think the majority of gamers are evil fiends then you might as well say the majority of humans are scumbags looking to take advantage of you....so why allow any of them to speak if they are just gonna use it to hurt you?

you make it sound like the internet turns good honest civilians into hated super villains with a passion for crushing spirits and eating people's souls

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
might as well replace that line with "Because People Don't know how to talk without sounding like complete heartless jerks"
because if you think the majority of gamers are evil fiends then you might as well say the majority of humans are scumbags looking to take advantage of you....so why allow any of them to speak if they are just gonna use it to hurt you?

you make it sound like the internet turns good honest civilians into hated super villains with a passion for crushing spirits and eating people's souls
(Second sentence): They are. Online anonymity combined with the competitive nature of the game does that to people. As well, 'good honest civilians' is stretching it.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
(Second sentence): They are. Online anonymity combined with the competitive nature of the game does that to people. As well, 'good honest civilians' is stretching it.
then if you believe that then that means you believe yourself to have committed the same crime and don't think anyone playing online is a good person in any sense of the word

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
then if you believe that then that means you believe yourself to have committed the same crime
Yep. I freely admit to swearing when I play. Having said that, I would try not to insult people if voice chat were to be added. I'm not immature enough to do that.

and don't think anyone playing online is a good person in any sense of the word
There are some, but the immature ones far outnumber the mature ones. I dont want a game where I have to hear swearing practically the entire time I'm playing. It's a toxic environment that doesn't even deserve a chance of happening.

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
Voice chat would be an option for splatoon, so kids wouldn't be exposed to swearing.

Parents can decide whether their kids can use voice chat or not. If they're okay with their kids being exposed to swearing, then that's their problem.

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
the skype solution has not even come into play most of the time because nobody wants to hop on skype just for splatoon.....
I agree. It's not like everyone has Skype,, or access to Skype.
Then get some friends who play the game, join a team or some sorta online community then. The fact that you know no one, who will use other means of communication, is a you a problem.
His point is that nobody is going to want to get Skype up just to play a casual game of splatoon. Using Skype might work for competitive play, but it's tedious for casual play

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I agree. It's not like everyone has Skype,, or access to Skype.

His point is that nobody is going to want to get Skype up just to play a casual game of splatoon. Using Skype might work for competitive play, but it's tedious for casual play
Considering turf war is a, "casual game mode" and plenty of people already use skype, TS, mumble, raidcall etc, while they play the mode, his point is weak.

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
I'm going to say this again because it seemed like nobody listened the first few times. Kids don't have to use the voice chat.

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
because people have to always think the worst about everything....they gotta think gamers are all F-Bomb Dropping Racist Mountain dew guzzling junk food scarfing call of duty loving losers that turn everything around them into pure hatred and violence

they gotta think whenever something goes wrong or a feature is removed from a game it's all the communities fault because they did something bad to warrant removing that
It sounds like you're taking this personally. Saying Splatoon doesn't need voice chat because of the problems it could cause doesn't mean that person is insulting every gamer on the planet. It's just being realistic. If there was a voice chat feature, people would abuse it, people would curse and act immature. Not everyone no, but enough people for it to be a problem and that's probably why there isn't already a voice chat feature for the game. Nintendo is a family company and try their best to keep games like this safe for everyone and I doubt that's going to change just for the sake of voice chat, especially when the game has shown it's fine without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom