• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Would you want voice chat in splatoon? Or would you not care?

Would you want voice chat in splatoon? Or would you not care?

• It NEEDS voice chat.

• it would be cool, I guess...

• Not necessarily.

• HELL NO.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
that's the same with any game but does that mean all online games shouldn't have voice chat? no....it doesn't especially when the majority of player you play against or with aren't gonna be people you can just skype up with at once

people act immature and rude no matter how limited the features or what they are given...even right now I've seen players act like hyperactive kids with super soakers running around being as ineffective as flies

everyone even in ranked mode acts like It's Call of duty and avoids the objective at hand....sure You'll get lucky sometimes and get paired up with a competent team but most of the time You'll be forced to endure players that just want the highest total of kills possible....

hey mister sniper i see you up there...sitting on your butt firing at me and anyone that happens to come by here....didn't notice your team is getting steamrolled huh?....maybe you should stop playing like this is battlefield or Call of duty and contribute to the team's goal

it gets really annoying when i have to make up for mistakes that my team made because they never look at the map and they never care to do anything except boost their K/D/R

spamming "Come On!" over and over again gets me no closer to winning than if i had just said "Screw these losers"and simply gone the lone wolf path leaving them to die out of their own stupidity while i aim to win

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
when u have skype, you dont need this voice chat.
mk8 is more team oriented than splatoon :)
Is this real? Are you serious? Its Mario Kart, it never meant to be a team based racing game firsty. probably if you talking to the community rule set in scrims. but Splatoon is a team oriented, because it has modes with a based team and objectives. Position and controlling is a huge part of it. its why some people are upset about no communication in voice chat. Its also why Vent Skype and TS are the needed option since they wont never put voice chat in this game.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
Ifeelsobetrayedarino.jpg

No way man. Splatoon doesn't need it, and it would only make for more salt and anger amongst the community. Rank gets pbad, and the fact that people want voice chat still baffles me. Like the only thing I think we need are more visual cues or messages. Like cover me, enemy!, Oh no!, Follow Me would be nice message options, but really the majority of rank and turf war fun is working as a group, but not really. Otherwise I'd just be yelling at people to leave me alone or quit jumping to me all the time because you give away my position!

Last edited:

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
Pretty sure this person didn't trolling when she/he compared Mario Kart to Splatoon.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
I need Voice Chat in Splatoon or an application on the Wii U that allows me to talk to my friends and manage volume of the game music and effects.

I really hope they include Voice Chat for Teams/Friends in the August update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom