• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Xenoblade / XCX social thread

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just got past Chapter 5 and Skells kinda seem weak to me. I've already beaten 5 Skells without dying (even a level 12 Raging Simius one-shotted me once) so I'm not sure if I should be exited to get one or worried :confused:

Also, is it me or having to send a low-level BLADE all the way to Weeping Whitewood was a bit too much, considering there are level 50 Simius on the way o_O (I managed to get through, but still...)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What do you mean "beaten 5 Skells"? I don't remember fighting against Skells in Chapter 5.
I pretty much call Skell anything that looks like a giant mecha (I'm still fairly new, so I only remember the names of enemies that become a pain to deal with or are for the most part non-hostile :confused:), and I meant "by the time I had beaten Chapter 5". I did just beat a second actual Skell a while ago, though, so the score is 6-0 in favor of Ground Troops

Edit: Confirmed, any humanoid giant mech counts as a Skell o_O

Last edited:

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
This game takes up all my game time. I'm about to do chapter 9 and I'm lvl 35.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, so I picked up the game again a couple of weeks ago and I've finally gotten my Level 50 Skell Kill Squad up and going, and it's pretty fun all things considered. I got a "duelist" melee red & orange medium Skell, a ranged damaging yellow medium Skell, a debuffing blue heavy Skell and my tank/staggering green heavy Skell (I decided to go for a Power Ranger look after the second Skell :D). Going Tyrant hunting with this crew has been a lot of fun so far, and I'm actually feeling a lot of team synergy for once in a game where I have to pray that my team doesn't use the healing abilities to begin a fight (although I'm sure it's partly because I can focus on spamming Staggering abilities while in Overdrive while my team focuses on [trying] to bing the enemy, but who cares ;)).

So far the closest victory I've had was against the Tyrant I had to kill for Archeological Lvl. 5, where I lost 3 Skells (mine included) and had to stay alive while the red & orange Skell finished the job. A close second was a flying... thingy over the entrance to the Divine Roast on Noctilum, where I lost 3-4 battles because my Skell got destroyed and I fell too far, so the game thought I ran from the fight. On the final attempt I won with my Skell and the yellow one still alive (this was the battle where I improved the stagger-bind-spam strategy).

Edit: Also, I just went into my first ever Global Nemesis fight. My skell got destroyed on 1 hit (I think) right off the bat after I missed a stagger while Taunting, but I stood my ground well enough on foot :cool:

Last edited:

Boil

Full Squid
Is this thread still active? If it is, could someone tell me where to find the lobsters? I've looked everywhere for them.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is this thread still active? If it is, could someone tell me where to find the lobsters? I've looked everywhere for them.
I've only found about 40-41/99 so far. From what I've seen there's quite a few on roofs and hard to reach areas. If I were you I'd check on google for tutorials or maybe a map of their locations (which I might end up doing too)

Boil

Full Squid
I've only found about 40-41/99 so far. From what I've seen there's quite a few on roofs and hard to reach areas. If I were you I'd check on google for tutorials or maybe a map of their locations (which I might end up doing too)
thank you!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In other news, I just got 2 characters up to lvl 60. Now all I need is a second lvl 60 Skell (I have to check where to farm some of the parts o_O)

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
I love XCX so far Elma Lin and myself are all level 60 and i STILL have to complete the last chapter

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'll be getting my Ares 90 soon, all I need to do is farm some Xe-doms and buy some Yggy hearts; once I get it I can finally begin farming the other lvl 60 Skells ;)

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
Stuck in the bionis interior because I missed nearly all of alcamoth. =_=

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom